Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,529 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. (914 Views)

Happy Fathers Day To All Fathers On NL / Fathers Day: Say A Wish To A Father / Photo Of The Woman Who Gifted Her Husband A Coffin On Fathers' Day In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:36am On Jun 16, 2019
Happy fathers day to all the wonderful fathers out there.
I salute every father out there that has gone beyond their way to put smile on the faces of their children.

I just have this little advice.
Dear fathers please learn to spend more time with your kids no matter how busy your schedule may be.Try to develop a close relationship with them an open expression of love to your children does not make you weak as your children would learn to trust and rely on you.
I have noticed that some children are fond of their mothers more maybe because some fathers failed to build relationship with their children. Parenthood is not for mothers alone fathers should also be there. There is more to fatherhood than paying school fees and houserent the bills you pay are the output. The time you make to be with them is the input as with these you get to know your children their likes, dislikes and what have you.Take out time to be your childrens friends and confidant, be a listening ear, love them and cherish them not just in words but in action.

Happy fathers day to you all.

Lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 16, 2019
Also stop being unnecessarily strict on your kids smiley
There’s no reward for flogging or doing such , in the west parents don’t do that but their kids still behave .

If only most of them knew how being overly strict make their kids recent them , most Nigerian fathers aren’t well loved by their kids because they’re too strict , myopic and simply power toxic .

Mothers who are hated by their children are mothers who’re kinda strict and overly protective ,check well.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2019
Elder0001:
There’s no reward for flogging or doing such , in the west parents don’t do that but their kids still behave .

If only most of them knew how being overly strict make their kids recent them , most Nigerian fathers aren’t well loved by their kids because they’re too strict , myopic and simply power toxic .

Mothers who are hated by their children are mothers who’re kinda strict and overly protective ,check well.
Elder thank you and good morning.
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by babyfaceafrica: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2019
happy fathers day.. I don't have any advise..just be yourself..no rule anywhere!!!
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by babyfaceafrica: 9:10am On Jun 16, 2019
Elder0001:

too much generalization
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by Oluromantic: 9:17am On Jun 16, 2019
Nice write up OP. So on point

Elder0001:

Correct too. Many parents are insensitive to their children's lifestyles and changes. I however noticed that the level of exposure of a parent affects how they parent their children too. Some parents understand the psychology of children and teenage and gender-based psycho-emotional changes and responses than some. Some parents are just educated and not sensitive at all

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by peacettw: 9:27am On Jun 16, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
too much generalization

He is right
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by babyfaceafrica: 9:34am On Jun 16, 2019
peacettw:

He is right
right to u
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by Bestboy11513(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2019
Fathers always acting like the child forced you to bring him/her into this Godforsaken world.

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by peacettw: 10:24am On Jun 16, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
right to u

But of course!
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by KevinDein: 10:38am On Jun 16, 2019
Trust me op some fathers genuinely want to spend time with their children but they just can't help it. Not when a father has to leave home by 5-6 am, to beat traffic, for work and return home by 9-10pm because of traffic.

Fathers are opting, against their wishes most times, not to spend much time with their children just so they could provide much better lives for them. Of course they risk not being a favorite parent but It's a sacrifice they are willing to make.

These guys are the unsung heroes.

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 16, 2019
KevinDein:
Trust me op some fathers genuinely want to spend time with their children but they just can't help it. Not when a father has to leave home by 5-6 am, to beat traffic, for work and return home by 9-10pm because of traffic.

Fathers are opting, against their wishes most times, not to spend much time with their children just so they could provide much better lives for them. Of course they risk not being a favorite parent but It's a sacrifice they are willing to take.

These guys are the unsung heroes.

That is where most fathers get it all wrong.
If your present job deprives you of time with your children, change it asap. Even if it means relocating.
The children are affected by that. They actually want YOU and not the money(most parents find this very hard)
Ask any child especially male children what they enjoyed most with their fathers while young. They will tell you they enjoyed when they spent time with them.

Can you see why male child is mostly drawn to the mum? Most love their mum more than their wives.
Simply because mummy made out time for them.

I always encourage fathers to enter kitchen on their days off with their male children. No male child will ever forget that his daddy cooked for them. Bath and tuck them in for the night.

U only train your children from 0 to 9 to 10 yrs.
It's a pity lots of dad's miss on this important milestones in their children's lives.

4 Likes

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by KevinDein: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2019
sassysure:

That is where most fathers get it all wrong.
If your present job deprives you of time with your children, change it asap Even if it means relocating.
The children are affected by that. They actually want YOU and not the money(most parents find this very hard)
Ask any child especially male children what they enjoyed most with their fathers while young. They will tell you they enjoyed when they spent time with them.

Can you see why male child is mostly drawn to the mum? Most love their mum more than their wives.
Simply because mummy made out time for them.

I always encourage fathers to enter kitchen on their days off with their male children. No male child will ever forget that his daddy cooked for them. Bath and tuck them in for the night.

U only train your children from 0 to 9 to 10 yrs.
It's a pity lots of dad's miss on this important milestones in their children's lives.
Yeah, I love how you just said "..change it asap"

I think most people here are really disconnected from the reality of the country. Jobs are not that easy to come by.

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
[s]
AmazonTopaz:
I salute every father out there that has gone beyond their way to put smile on the faces of their children.

Dear fathers please learn to spend more time with your kids no matter how busy your schedule may be.Try to develop a close relationship with them an open expression of love to your children does not make you weak as your children would learn to trust and rely on you.
I have noticed that some children are fond of their mothers more maybe because some fathers failed to build relationship with their children. Parenthood is not for mothers alone fathers should also be there. There is more to fatherhood than paying school fees and houserent the bills you pay are the output. The time you make to be with them is the input as with these you get to know your children their likes, dislikes and what have you.Take out time to be your childrens friends and confidant, be a listening ear, love them and cherish them not just in words but in action.

Lalasticlala
[/s]

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by lilmax(m): 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
I think everyone should mind their business and let people live their lives

let people parent whatever way they want to
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by KevinDein: 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
BTW, why are some of you incapable of saying something pleasant about men without bringing in a "but". I mean today is Father's Day why can't you just complement fathers for all their sacrifices without mentioning their flaws? I don't see or hear people say "Happy Mother's Day, women, but..."; and don't tell me women don't have their flaws.

I swear men can't just seem to catch a break.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
Get lost undecided
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by crackhaus: 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
KevinDein:
BTW, why are some of you incapable of saying something pleasant about men without bringing in a "but". I mean today is Father's Day why can't you just complement fathers for all their sacrifices without mentioning their flaws? I don't see or hear people say "Happy Mother's Day, women, but..."; and don't tell me women don't have their flaws.

I swear men can't just seem to catch a break.
Daddy issues brah, daddy issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by 2019news: 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
Happy Father's Day to me and my twin brother.
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by crackhaus: 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
Elder0001:

Do better, and be better than your father.
That's how you help society.

AmazonTopaz:

That goes for you too...
Share this with your husband when the time comes.
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2019
crackhaus:

Do better, and be better than your father.
That's how you help society.

That goes for you too...
Share this with your husband when the time comes.
Ok bye lipsrsealed
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by ogawisdom(m): 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
Children are overrated
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Lalasticlala

They were Conservative Judges who interpreted the constitution with liberal or progressive view points

Some were centrist , others were leftist are their core

No originalist will ever interprete the constitution like dat never

Clinton era judges appointed all strengthened the legislation with most new conservatives judges restricting or regulating abortion

Who the hell reported me

I can't comment on d main thread

These is America not democratic America state
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

Lalasticlala

Pardon my error for mis-statistics
Legalization of abortion is a leftist or liberal core ideology

But voting laws interpretation will not favor progressives with respect to originalistic constitutional interpretation by SCOTUS judges
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazonTopaz:

I have noticed that some children are fond of their mothers more maybe because some fathers failed to build relationship with their children. Parenthood is not for mothers alone fathers should also be there. There is more to fatherhood than paying school fees and houserent the bills you pay are the output. The time you make to be with them is the input as with these you get to know your children their likes, dislikes and what have you.Take out time to be your childrens friends and confidant, be a listening ear, love them and cherish them not just in words bufathers day to you all

Lalasticlala

With regards to Texas attorney general

Allegation is different from conviction
Him snapping with trump proves nothing

Don't pull that rape accusation of kavanaugh on him

Sorry in advance for these in case u see me as a spammer
Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 09, 2020
Elder0001:

Originalistic or not, judges follow the constitution -- and according to that constitution, a state decides how to run it's election; even the federal government can do nothing about it.

I'd be surprised if even one Justice dissents when the lawsuit is thrown out.[/quote]

Lolzzz remember fact on 4-4 ruling on Pennsylvania's covid 19 electoral law amendment when Ginsburg died

A pandemic all states experienced

No originalistic judge will give any state these privilege at d expense of other states

Check leftist wikipedia on election dispute analysis of us election

Re: My Advice To Fathers On Fathers Day. by Caleycashh: 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
Signs that you lack a father figure in your life... reason why you are ment and suffering from dementia, can't you emulate women like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala... quit following frustrated and anger filled feminazis, they will ruin your life, fukin stink!!!

(1) (Reply)

Seeking For A Serious Relationship / Am I Acting Cold? / Have You Ever Been A Victim Of False Prophets?share Your Experience Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.