Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

How I recovered my lost /stolen phones - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I recovered my lost /stolen phones (1252 Views)

Delta Police Arrest Young Lady With Pistol, Stolen Phones & Drugs / How We Extract Bank Details From Stolen Phones To Withdraw Money —suspects / Account For N1.63trn Cash, Assets I Recovered – Maina Dares EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by democrat101: 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2019
I know what it is to loose ones phone either to theft or other ways. I never believed it was possible for me to recover my stolen phones considering the kind of society we're in.

Sometimes last year December, I was a victim of all this one chance things happening in Lagos. It was Dec 25th precisely. I went out towards evening like what everyone will do on a day like that to have fun with friends.

After having all the necessary fun, I decided to start heading home around 8pm. I took a tricycle, got down and proceeded to taking the connecting mini bus (korope) to my bus stop where I will then trek to my house.

As soon as I got into the mini bus was the last thing I remembered. Only for me to wake up at 3am at far location to my house but still within the vicinity of my area. All phones, infinix and a small Nokia phone gone, wallet, and every other things on me gone.

I trekked home and went straight to bed, I couldn't even give anyone explanation. I just wanted to sleep hoping it was a dream. The next day I woke up and finally realised what has happened. I went back to my last locations, but found nothing. I had no hope of finding them.

Somehow a lady in my area found out about what happened and requested to help me recover my phones. On hearing that I smiled, trying to figure how she intend to go about it in my mind. She eventually explained she has a DSS uncle in Abuja that could track my phones with just my phone number, phone name, date it got lost with either imei /serial number which is optional incase I can't provide it.

She called him and he billed me about 5 figures. I was kind of skeptical about the whole thing, but I decided to give it a try considering the way he convinced me. I sent him the money then few days after just like magic, he sent me the current phone number in my phones, date the new sim was inserted, address the phone is currently been used, name of user. I was surprised and still in doubt because I never believed such technology in finding phones exist in Nigeria.

After receiving the details, I set out to the nearest police station and informed them. After proving how I tracked it to them, they set to work. I was told, I will be called upon. Barely 5 hours later, I got a call from the police station that they've arrested someone with one of my phone which is the small Nokia phone. On getting to the police station, I found out he's one of those national guys that collects money from those mini buses at the bus stop (korope)

The police made him to understand there is no need to lie anymore. He eventually explained how my phone got to him and led them to the person with the other phone (infinix) I wasn't interested in pressing charges or how it happened, I just wanted my phones and wallet.

After days, I was eventually called to come pick my phones and 30k value I claimed for money in my wallet, cost of my cap, shoe and other valuables I penned down in my statement at a total cost of 30k.

NB the police ddint collect a dime because my father who is a friend to the DPO already done neccesary things. That was how I was able to recover my phone, and value for other things I couldn't get back.

The reason I decided to bring this here is that they are alot of us that has found ourselves in such a situation and with this, I'm sure it wil deter people from stealling and selling stolen phones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by Adeoludt(m): 12:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
Noted
Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by Teeq1234: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
Nice one. hopefully u should be of help if we have issues like d one u just stated here...
Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by davidtuzy(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
Please Op help me out, i just had similar experience recently and my new expensive phone was taken away from me and am still in that shock and depression... I would be the happiest person on earth if i could have my phone back ... Op please help me with the lady or man,s ccontact... Plssss dis is mine 08119898347
Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by uchman80(m): 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
Op i also do need your help also. If you dont mind. This is my number 08138366688.
Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by democrat101: 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
To everyone interested in recovering or finding their phones back, you can reach me on whataspp 08106471174.
NB if you do fraudulent things on your phone, don't bother tracking as everything done on your phone will be seen.

1 Like

Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 22, 2020
democrat101:
I know what it is to loose ones phone either to theft or other ways. I never believed it was possible for me to recover my stolen phones considering the kind of society we're in.

Sometimes last year December, I was a victim of all this one chance things happening in Lagos. It was Dec 25th precisely. I went out towards evening like what everyone will do on a day like that to have fun with friends.

After having all the necessary fun, I decided to start heading home around 8pm. I took a tricycle, got down and proceeded to taking the connecting mini bus (korope) to my bus stop where I will then trek to my house.

As soon as I got into the mini bus was the last thing I remembered. Only for me to wake up at 3am at far location to my house but still within the vicinity of my area. All phones, infinix and a small Nokia phone gone, wallet, and every other things on me gone.

I trekked home and went straight to bed, I couldn't even give anyone explanation. I just wanted to sleep hoping it was a dream. The next day I woke up and finally realised what has happened. I went back to my last locations, but found nothing. I had no hope of finding them.

Somehow a lady in my area found out about what happened and requested to help me recover my phones. On hearing that I smiled, trying to figure how she intend to go about it in my mind. She eventually explained she has a DSS uncle in Abuja that could track my phones with just my phone number, phone name, date it got lost with either imei /serial number which is optional incase I can't provide it.

She called him and he billed me about 5 figures. I was kind of skeptical about the whole thing, but I decided to give it a try considering the way he convinced me. I sent him the money then few days after just like magic, he sent me the current phone number in my phones, date the new sim was inserted, address the phone is currently been used, name of user. I was surprised and still in doubt because I never believed such technology in finding phones exist in Nigeria.

After receiving the details, I set out to the nearest police station and informed them. After proving how I tracked it to them, they set to work. I was told, I will be called upon. Barely 5 hours later, I got a call from the police station that they've arrested someone with one of my phone which is the small Nokia phone. On getting to the police station, I found out he's one of those national guys that collects money from those mini buses at the bus stop (korope)

The police made him to understand there is no need to lie anymore. He eventually explained how my phone got to him and led them to the person with the other phone (infinix) I wasn't interested in pressing charges or how it happened, I just wanted my phones and wallet.

After days, I was eventually called to come pick my phones and 30k value I claimed for money in my wallet, cost of my cap, shoe and other valuables I penned down in my statement at a total cost of 30k.

NB the police ddint collect a dime because my father who is a friend to the DPO already done neccesary things. That was how I was able to recover my phone, and value for other things I couldn't get back.

The reason I decided to bring this here is that they are alot of us that has found ourselves in such a situation and with this, I'm sure it wil deter people from stealling and selling stolen phones.
You can tell police tjth you will collect you money from the thief
Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by Soyhe(f): 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
u better becareful before u pay money for tracking and loose in both ways
Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by Nostradamus: 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
grin grin

Hmmm
Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by Stokeontrent: 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Register your valuable assets to mitigate loss and facilitate recovery using myAssetLookup. Download the app and register your assets including phones, laptop, vehicles, TVs, Generators etc.

Re: How I recovered my lost /stolen phones by DrGud: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2020
cool

(1) (Reply)

Warri Based Young Prophetess Dies Of Poisoning From Her Assistants / Cold Blood: Man Axe Five Members Of Family To Death / Unknown Man Killed In Enugu By Bike Snatchers (graphic Contents)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.