Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

TOP 10 Healthy Lifestyle Habits To Inculcate Now - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / TOP 10 Healthy Lifestyle Habits To Inculcate Now (329 Views)

4 Bad Skincare Habits To Stop In 2022 / Meet Nigerian Lady Who Gave Up Obesity To Live Healthy Lifestyle / Eight Habits That Fuel Impotence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TOP 10 Healthy Lifestyle Habits To Inculcate Now by Emmaxy9(m): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Healthy lifestyle Habits to develop now? Are you in search for Top 10 Healthy Lifestyle Habits for students? If you are, then am happy to burst to you that your search ends here!

Off course, yes! Your health is very important. Can you imagine hustling life to get all you want and then having health problems? How would you enjoy everything? How happy would you be?

Your health should mean as much as anything you ever want in life. Be it the cars, the house, the degrees. Taking it into importance comes with the need to develop healthy lifestyle habits.

Now your question may go as these:

How do you know if you are healthy?
What are Healthy Lifestyle habits?
Why the need to develop healthy lifestyle habits?
What are the 10 Awesome Healthy lifestyle habits to develop now?
How can you maintain your healthy habits?
Obviously, yes! No need to worry at all, because you are in the perfect place where everything will be answered. Just relax and enjoy reading.

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE HEALTHY?
WHAT IS HEALTH?
Most importantly, what is Health? We often hear the word ‘health’ everywhere. We hear the word in Magazines, Newspapers, from friends and all that. But what exactly is health?

Your Health is the state of your physical, mental and social well being. It is your total well-being physically, socially and mentally.

Health doesn’t just mean your physical well being. Just because you have the perfect body doesn’t mean you are healthy.

If you are healthy, it encompasses that you are totally fit in your physical, social and mental life.

CHECK-UPS: SYSTEMATIC WAY OF KNOWING IF YOU ARE HEALTHY
When I mean check-ups, I don’t necessarily mean going to the doctor and then taking some tests. Remember, your health isn’t only your physical body.

Check-ups are means of examining your total health life. You can use a few questions like:

Have I been feeding healthy lately?
Have I been doing exercises lately?
Am I mentally healthy
Do I have a healthy social life?
The questions above are just templates. They can serve as guide to ensure you check your health every time.

WHAT ARE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE HABITS?
Healthy Lifestyle Habits are those things we do continually that help us stay healthy every time. They are the lifestyles needed to live to remain healthy.

Think of getting into a new home. I guess the very first day you entered will make you so happy. You see the fine environment and beautiful walls and floors.

If you don’t do form the habit of regular clean up, it will become very ugly and dirty with time.

That’s exactly how you need to see your health. To ensure that you remain healthy, you need to inculcate in you healthy lifestyle habits. Read on to know the need to develop healthy lifestyle habits.

WHY THE NEED TO DEVELOP HEALTHY LIFESTYLE HABITS
Have you ever been to the hospital and see sick people on bed all day? Do you think they can play football with you at that time? Obviously not!

That’s the point. When you are sick, you won’t be capable to do the things you always love. Think about it; you won’t hang out with friends and family.

Habits are the things we do continually that help re frame our lives. You want to be healthy all round? Then the need for you to develop healthy lifestyle habits now.

Without emphasizing much, here are the reasons you need to develop healthy lifestyle habits:

By developing such habits, you will be very healthy at all times.
There won’t be need to spend so much on treatment and drugs.
When you have a healthy lifestyle, you will feel good about yourself.
Healthy lifestyle habits make you have a younger look.
You will certainly live longer and enjoy your life.
You will be physically fit at all times.
TOP 10 HEALTHY LIFESTYLE HABITS FOR STUDENTS
1. EAT HEALTHY- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE HABITS
Absolutely true! You can’t do without eating. We eat to ensure we sustain our life. But just as eating is a necessity doesn’t mean you can eat everything.

There are foods for different things. There are some foods to quit for reducing obesity, diabetes and lots more.

When you eat healthy, it means that you are having a balanced diet regularly. A balanced diet contains the necessary classes of food needed for our daily growth.

Wondering how its’ possible for you to eat healthier?

Check your feeding routine to make sure it is always a balanced diet
Ensure taking lots of water each day
Make sure not to skip breakfast
Include fruits and vegetables into your feeding routine
Reduce salt and sugar in your meals
Avoid excessive use of oils in meals
2. AVOID TOO MUCH STRESS
Yes I know, right? You are trying to make ends meet and work for what you want. But I need to tell you that you need to take breaks. All work and no play makes jack dull!

‘Jackophyte’! Your friends all hype you, lol. What’s the use if in the place of reading all day; you endanger your health and couldn’t make it on the exam day?

Do you read all day without breaks? (Let me know through the comment box!)

Most times, stress comes when we are trying to make amends for something we should have done. That’s purely one reason of setting routines- it balances you.

Imagine working all through the hours of the day without having time for yourself. With time, you will look unhealthy and unfit.

Henceforth, you need to avoid too much stress. How? You might ask. Well, setting routine for your day is the key. It makes sure you have specific time for everything you want to do.

Back in high school, when I’m a bit stressed, I do take some time off by heading to the tennis court and playing table tennis with my friends.

Now what do you do when you need to take some time off? Rack your brain. You need to have some breaks for yourself. It’s very important for a healthy life.

3. MAKE SURE TO EXERCISE CONSISTENTLY
Consistent exercise is one of the essentials to healthy living. I purposely said consistent. When you exercise regularly and consistently, you get to remain healthy.

“Why is your tummy big when you haven’t eaten?” my sister asked me one time ago. She was right. I had a big tummy due to an unhealthy lifestyle. When I decided to live healthy by doing exercises consistently, it reduced. I did so by signing up for gym sessions and exercising regularly.

That just points out to how to exercise correctly. In order to exercise correctly, you need to do it consistently and regularly.

Those push-ups you had 5 years ago won’t be what will keep you healthy. If you can’t do much of exercise daily, there’s no problem. You can start small by doing some little things, but make sure you do it regularly.

4. INCLUDE FRUITS IN YOUR EATING SCHEDULE
Fruits are very necessary for the human growth. It helps fight and prevent diseases and infections. Examples are: oranges, mango, bananas etc.

Making sure to include fruits in your eating schedule regularly is one habit to living healthy. You can try to set up a schedule where you eat at least 2 fruits a week.

When shopping, try to add a couple of your favorite fruits. I personally love eating fruit salad, they’re my favorites. Do you also love fruit salad? Read How to prepare fruit salad in Nigeria.

What’s your favorite? (Let me know through the comment box!)

What am I saying in a nutshell? It is so important. That is, eating fruits can go a long way in your health.

5. MAKE YOUR ENVIRONMENT CLEAN ALWAYS
Your environment entails not just your external surroundings but your internal surroundings too.

Being in a dirty environment affects your health. Wondering how you can make your environment clean?

Do good to wash your bedding and all form of clothing regularly.
Always make sure to inculcate the habit of keeping wherever you are clean of dirt and dust.
Sweep and clean your environment daily; this helps reduce dust and germs.
Bath twice daily ensures your body is clean and free from dirt and sweat

Read more from healthysparkles.com.ng

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

... / Can Balding Hair Grow Back? / Do You Want To Be Happy? Then You Must Avoid These 10 Habits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.