Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,443 members, 7,836,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

My Assessment Of The Premier League Teams So Far In The 2010/2011 Season - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / My Assessment Of The Premier League Teams So Far In The 2010/2011 Season (620 Views)

If Premier League Teams Were Vehicles? / Premier League Teams New Kit: Lets Rate Them / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Assessment Of The Premier League Teams So Far In The 2010/2011 Season by seunspice(m): 10:38am On Oct 04, 2010
Hi fellow fans, Kindly note that i am writting this as a Man U fan. I am however not blindfolded my my fan affiliation. I am just trying to state the fact as it seems. I generally stand corrected.

Chelsea FC: Call them whatever you like, the blues are flying. Did i say flying? Yes they are, however not at your average speed. They are cruising at supersonic speed. Forget about the loss to Man City the other day, that was just a bad day in the office, which might still happen a few more times this season but would definitely be far inbetween. In fact it is to other teams detriment that Chelsea lost that game, they would only look inwards and reinvent themselves. This team plays with a swagga i last saw in the unbeatable Arsenal team of some seasons back. They have the belief, a world class coach who knows what he is doing and the team is made up of friends, everyone know what his job is and is doing it well,  There is healthy competition for places in the team ,  i could go on and on. But honestly come May 2011. i would be very surprised if Chelsea does not win the title. Very very surprised. And as a Man U fan, you can be sure i am not happy saying this. However i have to state the obvious.
Prediction: Champions Again, Champs league semis

Manchester United: My darling team has endured another lacklustre  start to the season, yeah it is in us to start slow and pick up later, we have players coming back from injury and players going to the op table (a la Valencia and Rooney?). but my biggest fear for the season is would other teams wait for us to gain form. The biggest problem is in the midfield and if there are ominous signs, it is the fact that our over reliance on the golden generation might come back to haunt us this season. Scholsey and Giggsy would only get game time every other game and the willingness of the younger crop of midfielders to step up to the plate seems unconvincing. Carrick is totally out of form and fletcher seems to be enjoying being the hatchet man role. overall there is little or no creativity from the middle and we have to rely on fast wing play to hit the opposition, i honestly don't see that working against teams like Arsenal and Chelsea. In fact i dont want to face any of them now and if by any miracle that works, i don't see it working in the champs league. I see a couple of buys in the January transfer window, hope it wont be too late then.
Prediction: Champions league spot, second round stage of the Champs league

Arsenal: Total football may not have yielded dividends yet at the Emirates but i see this season as Arsenals brightest chance yet. With a little luck with Injuries i still see Arsenal challenging for the title. Non Arsenal fans i am sure would laugh at this submission but i have faith in these guys. Against Chelsea yesterday the boys made the champions look a little off colour and when you go to Standford Bridge and peg back Chelsea, you have the guts and guts is what is needed in big games. I want to remain in the Wenger side of the divide and look forward to the lads performing the needful this season. The boys would definitely win something this season, might not be the premier league though, but my money is on the gunners winning a trophy this season. Arsenal fans should pray for less injury worried to key players. If the team is this ok now, what happens when Van Persie, Bendtner, Fab the passer and the other injured lads are back in full swing? However, Prof Arsene, Sign a keeper in January or make my predictions go with the wind.
Prediction 2nd or 3rd. CHamps league Quarters.

Manchester City: This is the team that scares me most of the lot as a Man U fan, This is a team with intent, determination and  focus. They may not turn up against the journey men, but a note of warning has been sounded to the cream of the league with the defeat of Chelsea, write City off at your own peril. The extra time winner against City by Owen last season just shut out a team on the ascendancy and to think thay they have not hit consistency yet? City are in it for the big prize fellas and you should not count them out of the reckoning at any point in time. With an experienced manager and motivated Lads, backed up by (Arab) cash ,  a combination that has worked at the bridge.
Prediction: Champions league slot

Liverpool FC: So sad to see the Kop end gloomy so far. It would be safe to say Rafa + American owners spell doom. It would take the whole season to stem the tide at Anfield and as a United Fan i am glad. We might not win the leage this season, but as long as Liverpool does not win it, Its ok. We both live to fight another day. The Anfield faithful would be comforted with a Uefa place at the end of the season, but Just ,

I would be back with my opinion on the second layer teams Fulham, Everton, Tottenham, Aston Villa etc I am sure you have your opinions too.

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United; The Champions Of English Football. / This Is How Chelsea Can Beat Barca / Blatter: English Football Is 'run By Idiots'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.