Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Buhari Warn Council Chairmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Warn Council Chairmen (1121 Views)

Governor Wike Suspends 13 Local Government Council Chairmen / Fayemi Appoints Directors For Local Councils, Elected Council Chairmen Suspended / Why Council Chairmen Are Backing Me, By Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Warn Council Chairmen by fukara: 8:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
"You people are just wasting your time,
We have sent Money directly to Local Government Account this week.
And if you like, Withdraw the Money from That account and hand over to your Governor,
You will give account of it properly at EFCC or Krikri Maximum Prison."

— BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Warn Council Chairmen by otokx(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2019
source?
Re: Buhari Warn Council Chairmen by SLAP44: 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
He hasn't woken up from military dictatorship
Re: Buhari Warn Council Chairmen by fukara: 11:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
SLAP44:
He hasn't woken up from military dictatorship

you are absolutely right, if fear of God didn't make me do the right thing for the masses under me but fear of dictator can make me do the right thing for the masses under me, this is alright for me otherwise I better kept on sleeping so that I don't wake up to do wrong thing for the masses under me because the quencequences will not be good for me from both the dictator and the masses, if the masses happens to know their right.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Warn Council Chairmen by aolawale025: 5:27am On Jun 17, 2019
I doubt he said so
Re: Buhari Warn Council Chairmen by orisa37: 8:16am On Jun 17, 2019
Undue Harassment. Go through the Governors. L.Gs are directly responsible to their Governors. They are the Grassroots of State Governments. There are some intrinsic hire and fire spirit in their relationship. So let the State Governments have full Authority and Responsibility for their L.Gs.
Re: Buhari Warn Council Chairmen by fukara: 9:03am On Jun 17, 2019
orisa37:
Undue Harassment. Go through the Governors. L.Gs are directly responsible to their Governors. They are the Grassroots of State Governments. There are some intrinsic hire and fire spirit in their relationship. So let the State Governments have full Authority and Responsibility for their L.Gs.

So you are implying that the state Governors will still have control over the L.Gs finances like what they the L.Gs should do and what they should not do with their funds, if what you said is true, then I believe the Governors power of control does not include ordering the L.Gs Chairmen forcefully or willingly to surrender the funds from their L.Gs accounts to the Governor just because he have full authority and responsibility over his L.G.
If something like this happened, isn't that a dictatorship altitude from the Governor.
Re: Buhari Warn Council Chairmen by orisa37: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
It's all a State Fund. It doesn't belong to Governors. It doesn't belong to L.Gs. It's a State Financing Mechanism in the custody of SRC(STATE RESOURCES COMMISSION) which is a Sub-commission of SPSC(STATE POLICY SERVICE COMMISSION).

SPSC is made up of:-
Two very senior Traditional Rulers from each of the L.Gs of the States.
Two Indigenous SANs, Senior Advocate of Nigeria to act as Secretaries only for the SPSC.

Once there are SPSC, SPC(State Police Commission), SRC and SEC(State Election Commission) for each State, the F.G will no longer have Its hands in any STATE FUND-PIE.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Speaks : President Buhari In Japan / Buhari Ordered To Step Down ' Certificate Case Resurfaced. / AMOTEKUN, Call 615, If Any Negative Activities Of Any Fulani Group Or Strangers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.