Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School (3514 Views)

Plug For Transcripts In Abu Zaria / Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus / Four UNN Students That Made First Class At The Nigerian Law School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by black9jaberry: 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
Nigerian Law School, Founded in 1962 by the government of Nigeria with the aim to provide further training and acceptance for aspiring legal practitioners. They have carried out this task till date but in some "unheard" cases lawyers seeking to have there transcripts to further there studies or on demand by organizations, have been on the "weeping zone". This has been a case in hand for a long time now!!!.

Bwari Law School Abuja, home to where applications and payments for transcripts are made are certainly no visitor to transcript request by lawyers but the process of initiation and completion of documentation by transcript requesting persons can be achieved in a day with best description of a smooth process.

However, the journey towards receiving of transcript by requesting school, agency, organization is far from beginning. The frustration starts as days turns into weeks which becomes months and no word from authorities at Nigerian Law school. The "Freedom of information", bill, does not apply here as non will share current status of process. Hence frustration steps in with a big shoe with requester(s) often breaking down in tears or venting out but to a "deaf wall"....Cries goes on....

The embarrassing and perhaps annoying aspect of the "Olympian Transcript Hurdles", is the fact that transcript release or response from Nigerian Law school in Bwari is like, "Passing a camel through the eye of a needle"

This difficult and saddening experience is worsened with the inability of requester to call the various telephone numbers nor reach out to email on her website (09068057726, 08058012515 and info@lawschool.gov.ng)

in this 21st century, one expects that agencies of the federal government stay above board. This is even more note worthy with a body saddled with educational enhancement and development of many but in reality this is a far cry with many legal persons been put in a dilemma leading to further debacle in our educational sector.

This write up is a clarion call for authorities at Law school to rise up to the challenge resulting to better standards

Copied from
Gbenga A (emails)

CC:Lalastic
Lilmiss favvy
Missyb3
Dominique
Mynd44
Fynestboi
seun
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by Mimicole(f): 6:06am On Jun 17, 2019
For an institution of that magnitude its so frustrating that getting a transcript is such a hurdle. One would expect that they would appreciate such requests more than regular tertiary institutions but sadly that is not the case.

My own experience has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth, as I have been battling to get my transcript to Canada since March. I have paid the fees they require but I still keep stories every single time I check in to know the status of my application.
The most annoying of it all is that for the past two months, they claim to have finished compiling the transcript but it's awaiting the Director-General's signature. How hard can it be for the man to seat his ass down and sign papers?

Funny enough I'm not alone in my travails. I meet a lot of disgruntled persons coming to check their application statuses but getting the same story of "the DG has not signed" for months now. It is so sad that education is still at this pitiable level in this country.

The worst part of it all is; the numbers on their website is fake as it never goes through, the emails also are never responded to, so there is no where to even lay your complaints. The staff won't even give you their phone numbers at least to save you the stress of going there. And even more frustrating is the fact that all applications must be directed to Abuja, even when they know they can't handle it. So wherever you reside in the country irrespective of which campus you graduated from, Abuja it must be! *shakes head*

God help us.
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by alphaNomega: 6:30am On Jun 17, 2019
In another thread I told someone there is something wrong with black people and he was typing nonsense.

Why should a document like transcript be an issue to give to a student that has completed a program in your institution?

People that study in foreign schools cannot relate because such documents are delivered to your email address upon graduation. In fact much of the correspondence between you and the school is best handled via emails and it is very efficient.

Black administrator sense never reach that one. It is too complex for their primitive brain to handle. The primitive brain that only works when it sees bundles of naira notes dangled before its eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by black9jaberry: 6:17am On Jun 18, 2019
Mimicole:
For an institution of that magnitude its so frustrating that getting a transcript is such a hurdle. One would expect that they would appreciate such requests more than regular tertiary institutions but sadly that is not the case.

My own experience has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth, as I have been battling to get my transcript to Canada since March. I have paid the fees they require but I still keep stories every single time I check in to know the status of my application.
The most annoying of it all is that for the past two months, they claim to have finished compiling the transcript but it's awaiting the Director-General's signature. How hard can it be for the man to seat his ass down and sign papers?

Funny enough I'm not alone in my travails. I meet a lot of disgruntled persons coming to check their application statuses but getting the same story of "the DG has not signed" for months now. It is so sad that education is still at this pitiable level in this country.

The worst part of it all is; the numbers on their website is fake as it never goes through, the emails also are never responded to, so there is no where to even lay your complaints. The staff won't even give you their phone numbers at least to save you the stress of going there. And even more frustrating is the fact that all applications must be directed to Abuja, even when they know they can't handle it. So wherever you reside in the country irrespective of which campus you graduated from, Abuja it must be! *shakes head*

God help us.
And in all this the authorities cared less... The greatest question is where is moral?
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by black9jaberry: 6:21am On Jun 18, 2019
alphaNomega:
In another thread I told someone there is something wrong with black people and he was typing nonsense.

Why should a document like transcript be an issue to give to a student that has completed a program in your institution?

People that study in foreign schools cannot relate because such documents are delivered to your email address upon graduation. In fact much of the correspondence between you and the school is best handled via emails and it is very efficient.

Black administrator sense never reach that one. It is too complex for their primitive brain to handle. The primitive brain that only works when it sees bundles of naira notes dangled before its eyes.
I believe this is strictly an attitude driven issue, where working in establishments such as law school carries little or no burden. Where no one is held accountable, hence this lackadaisical attitude.

For once, I wish the cries of Nigerians can get to the authorities perhaps, something might happen
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by black9jaberry: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
After the posting of this topic here on Nairaland, i guess Law school authorities saw it and today witnessed lots of transcript signing.

Many thanks to contributors and wish Law School in particular and other institutions of learning sustain positive current drive towards making Nigerian Educational sector great again
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by oljennifer: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2020
It is so unfair that an application for the request of transcript from the institution that has the academic records of the applicant will be ignored for months. How can it be explained that an application that was made since last year November 2019, is still awaiting the DG's signature?

Nigerian Law School what is happening for Christ's sake? Why is the authority bent on keeping on hold and frustrating other people's destinies? And the worse of it all is that there's no other campus that can handle such, basically everything must be done in Abuja campus. It is quite a pity that this can be experienced from an institution I have always held in high regards.
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by helenjum: 3:33am On Apr 24, 2020
It's ridiculous. The Nigerian Law School Bwari is INCOMPETENT. Each and every member of staff, extremely incompetent even to the Zenith Bank branch on the campus. That's how bad it is. I paid for my transcript to be sent abroad since February 2020, out of 5 documents that were requested of me, 4 were received since March EXCEPT my transcript from the law school. Now the whole world is dealing with a pandemic which now makes my transcript being sent look impossible.

I knew this would happen and I went ahead to beg the staff to provide me a number so I can keep track and keep updated and they all said "oh no, they don't give out numbers". Such a bunch of *** The website is not functioning, all the numbers are not working. The only number that went through, I was told it was an hotel near the law school. I'm livid. Whoever is responsible for the organization, is a total failure and the whole system needs to be overhauled. How can a whole Nigerian Law School be this inept. What message are you sending exactly? How can you ask me to pay a little over 32k for transcript as well as alumni fee and months after, my transcript has still not been sent thereby delaying my evaluation and prospects of getting a job ( I lost one because they asked me what stage I was in the evaluation process and I said yet to begin because 1 document was pending). How hard can it be to send transcripts? It is the responsibility of every educational system, having done my part.

PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN REACH OUT TO THEM BECAUSE THIS IS BEYOND LUDICROUS. ALSO IT MAYBE A GOOD TIME TO HIRE A NEW DG, IN SHORT A WHOLE NEW SET OF COMPETENT STAFF!
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by Mecco94: 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
Why does one have to suffer this much to get transcript from the Nigerian Law School? If there was away I will petition the DG, this is a dereliction of duty either on the part of DG or the person(s) in charge of signing the Transcripts.. It is very deflating for us to keep explaining why an institution like NLS that prides itself as a citadel of learning is so inept and lackadaisical.
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by BREYZ: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mecco94:
Why does one have to suffer this much to get transcript from the Nigerian Law School? If there was away I will petition the DG, this is a dereliction of duty either on the part of DG or the person(s) in charge of signing the Transcripts.. It is very deflating for us to keep explaining why an institution like NLS that prides itself as a citadel of learning is so inept and lackadaisical.

Dey dia dey speak English, no go Waka for Bwari collect ur transcript cheesy
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by Lecturebidz(m): 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
helenjum:
It's ridiculous. The Nigerian Law School Bwari is INCOMPETENT. Each and every member of staff, extremely incompetent even to the Zenith Bank branch on the campus. That's how bad it is. I paid for my transcript to be sent abroad since February 2020, out of 5 documents that were requested of me, 4 were received since March EXCEPT my transcript from the law school. Now the whole world is dealing with a pandemic which now makes my transcript being sent look impossible.

I knew this would happen and I went ahead to beg the staff to provide me a number so I can keep track and keep updated and they all said "oh no, they don't give out numbers". Such a bunch of *** The website is not functioning, all the numbers are not working. The only number that went through, I was told it was an hotel near the law school. I'm livid. Whoever is responsible for the organization, is a total failure and the whole system needs to be overhauled. How can a whole Nigerian Law School be this inept. What message are you sending exactly? How can you ask me to pay a little over 32k for transcript as well as alumni fee and months after, my transcript has still not been sent thereby delaying my evaluation and prospects of getting a job ( I lost one because they asked me what stage I was in the evaluation process and I said yet to begin because 1 document was pending). How hard can it be to send transcripts? It is the responsibility of every educational system, having done my part.

PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN REACH OUT TO THEM BECAUSE THIS IS BEYOND LUDICROUS. ALSO IT MAYBE A GOOD TIME TO HIRE A NEW DG, IN SHORT A WHOLE NEW SET OF COMPETENT STAFF!

I feel your pain bruh
I feel it deep in my soul!
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by Mecco94: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Please is there a way one can get in touch with NLS? I don tire, e dey like sey oyibo no dey work. I am losing a lot already , I just lost a job opportunity because of this transcript. And now my admission into the University has been stalled, I can't apply for the scholarships because no admission and no admission because there is no transcript. Abeg wetin I fit do ehhhhh?
Re: Travails Of Obtaining Transcripts In Nigerian Law School by ABSTRUSE: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
😔

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Canada Masters, Graduate Certificate Or Diploma For Relocation / HELP!!! DO JAMB BROCHURE REQUIREMENTS ACCEPTED BY SCHOOLS???? / Any Information About The Neco Gce 2010/2011 Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.