Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,116 members, 7,835,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Police Nab Suspected Car Thief In Niger (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Nab Suspected Car Thief In Niger (Photo) (276 Views)

Suspected Car Thief Mobbed In Abuja (Video) / Three Pant Thieves Arrested In Niger (photo) / Six Apprehended For Killing Tanker Driver In Niger (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Nab Suspected Car Thief In Niger (Photo) by GistReport: 1:34am On Jun 17, 2019
GistMore.com

Police personnel have arrested one Bashir Dahiru of the Suleja Local Government Area of Niger State for attempting to steal a car.

The suspect was trailed and apprehended by a team of policemen attached to the Suleja Area Command office following a tip-off.

It was learnt that Dahiru was caught while attempting to steal a RAV-4 Sports Utility Vehicle with number plate BWR 302 PZ from where it was parked.

In an interview with Northern City News on Sunday, the suspect said he relied on informants before targeting vehicles of choice.

Dahiru said, “I operate along the Suleja Road and beyond, depending on the location of the vehicle. I steal cars by using my master key to unlock them.

“Allah knows that I have tried to stop the act but couldn’t. The worst is that I can’t even tell what I did with the proceeds of the previous cars I stole.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar, confirmed the incident, saying the suspect confessed to the crime.

Abubakar explained that the police personnel recovered from the suspect two fabricated master keys, a fake Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team identity card bearing the suspect’s name and a Peugeot saloon car with number plate DRA 302 JWS believed to have been abandoned by other members of his gang, who are still at large.

He said the police had intensified efforts to arrest the fleeing members of the gang, adding that the suspect would be charged to court after investigation.

See more; http://gistmore.com/police-nab-suspected-car-thief-in-niger

Re: Police Nab Suspected Car Thief In Niger (Photo) by GistReport: 1:36am On Jun 17, 2019
cool
Re: Police Nab Suspected Car Thief In Niger (Photo) by Nbote(m): 4:14am On Jun 17, 2019
Which one is "He was trailed and apprehended by a team of policemen.." AND "He was caught while attempting to steal a car from where it was parked"
Re: Police Nab Suspected Car Thief In Niger (Photo) by dotman4real007(m): 4:16am On Jun 17, 2019
Very funny fellow, he doesn't know what he has done with his loot, no worry when Dem use iron press your back you go remember.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Poses As Hospital Staff To Steal 3-day-old Baby (Photos) / FG Under CBN Begins Recapitalization Of All Banks, But Scammers Have Their Own P / Man Demands N4.2m Refund From The Family Of An Ex Who Refused To Marry Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.