Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. (1209 Views)

'The Night Before I Killed Addiction' By Oche Joseph Otorkpa / Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
I'm a hard man, i agree honey... People like me don't cheapily fall in love....i swear, E no easy!

You are rare, in this generation? Babe the street is too strict, but I found one of the rarest! If someone had prophesied it, i would have called them liars! Indeed you are a 'Kokapo' bird among birds! I am among the very few men heavens smiled on. God directed you to me. I am always happy to have you. Ododo mi, mummy 'Pelumi'.

I missed one of our arguments yesterday. Still remember that argument? About what name we are going to give our first daughter... I always picked 'Pelumi'. You are the boss babe, your 'intelligence na baba' Mummy Pelumi will only agree if we make a bet, that she wins if the baby come during the day, and 'Pelumi' only if she comes during the night. I have a confession ma.... I didn't find it easy asking you out!

In this generation where some ladies brain is only loaded with santana and sharwama, your own head dey work. Beauty and brains... Omowe iyawo mi. Just tell her the idea and 'Piam' she's working on it, before you know she have the excellent plan handed to you!

I started getting fatter, i became newer and more glowing, what else if not those 'shokoyokotos' you won't stop preparing. My friends started beefing me, let them keep eating around oo, (ko kan aye) i have totally forgotten all those our 'yaakoyo' joints. One lady even told me she'd love to meet you, she wanted to learn how you do the magic in the kitchen!

Your attitudes have always been that of the Kokapo bird, research said that bird is known to be an extremely smart animal, getting attached to people who are kind to it. Yes, we think same way! What else could i pray for than a woman who loves what I do and may even do it better than myself. You gave me so much peace of mind!
You have never talked bad of my family members. You loved every of my friends!

No one would ever believed you did not bewitch me Shining skin, i wonder where you dropped from. If not that i bought that cream myself, i would still be thinking you can't use nothing lesser than 120k cream. The day i told Sheddy your cream was Ori and aloe vera, He wouldn't have believed either.... 'Aponbepore'.... You still owe me the truth ooo, where are you truly from, i just don't want to say you are from the water kingdom ni hmmm.

You always wanted to see the Pacific, you love to wash those good shapes in the Beautiful palm fringed white sand beach in the turquoise waters of Tikehau, Tuamotus, French Polynesia. I can't stop imagining how Emma Watson haven't found you yet as her twin from another mother. Rhianna should count herself lucky to have same shapes as yours, "you're my hottest babe in the world".

You kept warning me when i started acting strange. I started leaving you out of my life, i became another person. I told you my plans no more! I fought you at any provocation, i would never raise my hands on you, i have promised you that, i still do. My sins are too enormous honey, i only hope you could only find a place in your heart to forgive me. I started leaving you and following my friends. Na shayo we go dey shayo everywhere! As if that wasn't enough, i fought you on wrong things, i put every blame on you! How could you have survived those bad days? What kind of man am i? I am a monster. You called severally and i wouldn't even pick up.

I still remember the day we went to get something at the store, that day still smells in my head like a fresh paint! That guy that came with Porsche wanted to slip you his number, babe you are just not from this planet, ahswear. Really? You collected his Iphone and dropped it in his cart. Dumbass guy like me, I didn't even know anything, i kept reading the expiry of that juice. It was Carlsen who later told me what ensued between you guys , he was seeing the whole film from afar! But truly, who would not want to chyke you. That bumshorts was infact 'bombshort'. Even your own boyfriend couldn't resist that 'golden artifact' walking in front of him. I kept checking your backside till I caught one white guy looking same direction. Well, I wouldn't blame anyone who got lost lusting at your 'bahd' shape.

Oh i lost it, all i could do to reward you is to impregnate this girl...... Babe, my issues might have gotten pass redemption.

I could only ask for a favour. Just help me with this, if not for anything at least for the fact that you deem it fit to lose your virginity to me at 26 years of age, God! that was even after you got your masters....

If only you could help me beg God to forgive me. You can't blame Yinka too, he told me what you guys discussed before...

Nonetheless honey, i know you too well, too well! You don't do anything you aint sure of. He told me you said i must do something crazy by confessing all my sins to the world maybe then you can then consider taking me back. You are not here to ,help me with this 'to the whole world' puzzle.

Adunke mi, i came up with an idea, an idea that made me write you this open letter of forgiveness!

I hope everyone who's reading this today learn one or two from my letter to you. I only pray i could be redeemed!.... But let me assure you once more I'm truly sorry and i want us again!
I'm yet to tell the world how i maltreated you. The day you caught me with that lady on our 'to be' matrimonial bed.

Akanke mi, your body language na 'elele'. I had thought you'd rain brimstones, but you kindly dropped my valentine gift on the floor and gave me a peck even with my body still dripping of another woman's sweat! Let me tell the world about that in the next chapter.... Permit me to drop my pen for now. I'm really ashamed of myself.

Drabeey writes...
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
Chapter 2

I'm no more worthy of your forgiveness, we aint even thesame level. That was what a friend told me,he said you are too beautiful to be my wife. He is right you know? I was too blessed to have you. I'm not even worth it, you helped me to chase money, you are never demanding. You love to go that extra miles to get things done.

You can't blame anyone for your faults.... If you miss it or abuse the opportunity/gift God gives you then i should dance to its consequence.

A lady with foresight. You know what to do at exact time to do it. Just a week at my place you already know what would sell fast there. Chai, Albert Einstein mi, 'twale for you'.

I only agreed because i couldn't have said otherwise, you are ready to use your own money. So since you won't be 'wasting' mine, i gave you the go ahead. You started too big (one of the reasons I started to believe you ain't from here). You are an alien, seriously? Who test run a business with a large quantity of production... That risk you took was too high. Well, i expected you to be burnt that day. I wouldn't say anything afterall you told me all i could do is to encourage you. Meanwhile, all the words i was meaning to say that day are meant to discourage you, but you pushed further.

My house later became snacks center, every banker wanted the taste of your doughnuts else they starve. Within a week you had 5 banks under your cover. They were all already glued to you!

Some of them would keep calling my number because yours wasn't going through. Instead of telling them the production for the day has been exhausted, you rather switch off your phone and mine starts beeping endlessly! It distracted my work and i got pissed!

I'm still sorry for the day i called you different names because one of those bankers used 'baby' to address you on phone, he thought you are the owner of the second line you dropped with them, he must have thought you own the two lines.

I came to your place that day and razed hell on you! I kept acting all up and broke one of your mug...... Honey, remember my promise, I'd rather do that than lay my hands on you. I still hold that dear to my heart. I left angrily that day. I was at Gidi'z place. Oh, lest i forget to tell you. His business is booming, Gidi'z place is now talk of town around Ibadan.

People come from everywhere to get splendid haircuts. He is forever grateful to your advise. He pester me with your matters at every chance he has. Can you blame him? My guy is now a celebrity all over Ibadan. Infact, i met Muyiwa Ademola for the first time at his place. He said that was the third time he showed up there. Gidi is always grateful he listened to you!

I was talking about the day that guy called you 'babe' on my phone....
I got home after enough 'shayo' at Iyalaje's place, i wouldn't dare eat anything anymore. I had already pulled all my cloths in the living room. Maybe it was the 'shayo' ? My lights were off, I don't usually do that. It was strange but my brain couldn't process those informations. Shayo na bastard!

I went straight to the bathroom and opened the shower slowly. I was still reminiscing on why i had to call you those sort of names i called you earlier at your place, that was uncalled for. I had decided to call you immediately im settled and apologize before sleeping. Honey you know me, when im sorry, i am. I put up the lights in my room and there you are, elegantly moving your big assets all over my bed. The light shone directly on your lapse and that alone reset my head back to factory settings. You are too much, my georgeous infinite blessings. Babe, you be something ooo, you gave me the best sex I could ever imagine in my life that day. What are you babe? All you wanted from me is to be happy!
Money you no dey ask, you sacrificed more for our relationship than i do!

In chapter 3, i will open a secret honey, do you know i gave you a test and you passed. Till today, remember that my guy from Kuwait, yes that one that respects you alot. He started respecting you because you passed that test. It was all his ideas! He said " 99 girls will fail that test out of 100 ".

It pains me to remember you had to wait across the road, waiting till my neighbour's car would move out of the compound. My doors were locked honey, my car wasn't even in the house. I already stole your keys because of my infidelity.

I knew if you couldn't get me on phone and none of my friends knew my whereabouts. You'd come to my place and have no keys to get in while I'm enjoying another lady in the guest room down the stairs, you wouldn't suspect anything. That was the plan.

Those plans all got together except that i knew when you came, i heard your voice talking with a friend of yours who said you should come back home so that you guys can visit the beach, she has someone waiting to give you ladies that Valentine treat. I heard it all. The lady and I knew when you left.

Shock can kill ooo, i could have died of shock that day. How did you even know? I was only trying to open the gate when i saw you holding a bag, you moved toward me and gave me a peck on my cheeks, you whispered 'happy valentine' into my ears, you went to the vehicle and dropped the gift on the driver's seat. You even asked the lady if i used condoms with her..... What exactly are you babe?

I can't start to imagine how bad you would feel after seeing that i was banging your friend on a valentine day, when i was supposed to be with you. I even locked you out just to taste a friend of yours whom you thought was so close. Maybe you'd now start listening to me. Why telling your friends how good your guy is on bed. Not your fault, you have good heart to accommodate everyone. She told me you are always bragging about my thing and you made all of them hate their guys who are short down there. You displayed me for sale out there very expensive, but i sold myself very cheap. She got your favourite chocolate for free honey. How could you even forgive these my enormous sins?

Even with those plans of mine, you still caught me. My neighbor took my vehicle to work, it was our plan to deceive you, I took his so that you would believe im not at home. What stopped you outside to wait for me? Did you have any info about the whole thing. Iya Sade said you kept checking my pictures on your phone and telling her how cute i am while you are at her shop waiting for me. She said you kept having this awkward feelings that im around the area and that i would show up soon. Whao, babe 2 hours later wasn't 'soon' ooo. Wait, are you are not an Ogbanje? Hmmm, no worries, my own Ogbanje wey love me scatter. Maybe not again.
Iya Sade fought me, she wouldn't even greet me the second day, that day was a black day. Everyone thought i was going to die, i drank excessively, came to your home and not even any of your friends knew where you are.

I went home devastated, but what happened that day made me understand this. You are too rare to be treated bad. I realised what i was about to lose a rare gem.

Honey, let me continue my letter in chapter 3.

"Im back, I'm back....
Im back to you honeybabe
My senses have been calling me to come back
And im back to you finally"
(Motipada, motipada sodo re baby...
Ori mi ti pe, mo de ti pada, motipada sodo re patapata).

Drabeey writes....
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
Chapter 3

Abefe mi, your twinie is now getting fat ooo, she is really missing you.

You guys too share resemblance sha. If not for your friendly advice, she nearly got married to that 'yahoo-yahoo' boy with Venza. I don't know maybe na jazz you take follow her talk. We've been on that matter for more than a month before you intervened. All thanks to you, they now have two children and she's very comfortable in that marriage. I heard her ex later travelled out of the country.

Akanke, remember the day i drove both you and mum to the mall. I should be in my papa house flexing with my friends. You wouldn't listen, Stay with your family for the Christmas then we'd see on the 26th. You rather want to cause wahala between your dad and i. The way he para for me on phone that day ehn... He wouldn't even allow me explain that it was your whole idea. Though I understand his actions, you are his only daughter. We are already on our way coming when you started complaining serious headache. Your body temperature is fast dropping. You settled the whole matter between your dad and i immediately you got discharged from the hospital. Your dad even apologised to me, it is men thing, so i kept that from you. What a good man!

I still can't stop respecting the level of your love for me! This iron throne i broke should be yours to seat, Abefe!
Ehn eehn! That reminds me of that movie, 'game of the throne'. You wouldn't even wait to see the final series before you left... That wasn't our plan ooo. Well, i think you should know, both Denerys and Jon snow didn't get married, you are wrong. Hmmm, babe babe.... you are so sure as if na say you direct the movie. One of the very little time you are wrong with your assumptions. Denerys died on Jon's watch. He was later sent to the night's watch. My adamant angel, let me not bother you with the details, i know it will make you shed tears. I won't be able to cope with my emotions seeing you cry today, no no no, Not today! ..... If i eventually die today, i want to go with the picture of you smiling at the cherished moments we shared together.

Let me talk about the day we had an accident at Jibowu, you remember that lady that slapped me? Boss lady! Owo meji fun eeyan kan. Egbon Musiliu should employ you, you will do so well in that 'industry'. Mama ibe, gben gben gben....
(hailing). You no even wait make i talk, you just dey wash hand for the girl face. Slayqueen like that? You had already shortlisted more than 5 slaps on her before i could unbuckle my seat belt!

Our HR still thinks you and my sister are truly twins. You guys wore thesame cloth to our End year's gala night. You are so good at selecting the best. You guys won the best dressed award at that occasion. I don't know how you always do it... You are always winning, really that got me feeling awkward about you at a times. My doubts contributed to this mess too sha.

Madam Ugo, our HR once told me she'd like to host both of you she wants to cook that Ewa Ibeji(beans), i don't even know who gave her that idea. so that you guys can pray for her to have twins.

You kept warning me about Uncle Femi's ways. How would i have known i was heading towards destruction. He was my boss, not only that, he took me like a brother. Uncle Femi planted my worst fear into me.

One of our unending discussion was about Uncle Femi. I was always of the opinion that he started those attitudes when his wife divorced him. Your opinion was that "He wanted it too" I beg you pardon babe, that woman left because she wasn't patient.

Abefe mi, see 'taba ri oto oro ka so fun ara wa ooo'(Let's tell ourselves the truth).... Mummy Nifemi know Mr Femi too well, she married that old man because of his money, believe me.

Sebi she know him say na 'Shayo' somebody before they got married,why complaining now? it was after their divorce he started womanising. I can say that again. He told me not to be too sure of anything in skirts.

Mr Femi and i went to a party one day. Beers started flowing after the food. Chai, i fear that man that day. He drank 8 big bottles of stout, Oboy! Egbon yen mu nkan (that man can drink). We left the party late, the venue was a bit far from our common junction. His friends and i agreed to stay till the morning. You know i don't do late driving, himself was also drunk. They arranged two ladies for us. I love the black one, uncle Femi no try that day sha.... He turned the ladies back immediately he realised the girls were to scrub our backs till morning. Who am i to challenge him, afterall he's my boss!

"Im back, I'm back....
Im back to you honeybabe
My senses have been calling me to come back
And im back to you finally"
(Motipada, motipada sodo re baby...
Ori mi ti pe, mo de ti pada, motipada sodo re patapata).

I kept singing this song the day you forgave one of my unending sins. It was the daughter of that woman across the road. she rushed down to my apartment from their shop, she wanted me to come help them kill a 'big' millipede. Which kain wahala be this, can't they just kill ordinary millipede that she has to cross the road to come call me in the flat that was at the Extreme back! What of people who usually sit outside?

Well maybe she came because i was her mum's best customer in that compound. I just got in after i escaped Mile 2 hold up that nearly broke all my bones. I got into the living room, you know I love flaunting my 'John Thomas' anytime, so far I'm inside my house. She stood there watching my thing dangle as i wipe towels around my head. My doors wasn't locked too sha, but Why would i even expect anyone would come in without knocking? I was dumb seeing a ghost carefully looking me with lust written all over her. I later went to kill the millipede but ever since that day, Sade's sister kept communicating with her body anytime i visit their store across the street. The lady threw many temptations sha, one of the bullets later hit me. It was a time kongi want to kill me throway!

Easier said than done. I broke my vow Just 6months for you to return from Portland where you've gone for your masters. I straffed that lady, not even once. Where is my dignity? I hated myself the first day, but my pride keeps growing the more i bang that lady. Carlsen wasn't helping matters too, he gave me one of the worst advice of my life. He said 'men are born to be polygamous'.... And i believed that crap!

My super duper star, your ever overflowing mercy won't make you allow me postrate for long before you pulled me up and land a kiss on my lips. Like an angel in the morning, you are always shooting this stars of love into my life. You're the most beautiful lady I've seen in my life.

I'm so amazed at everything you do. We are always talking about building the future. We built a world of peace with eachother. I never knew the value of what i had until i lost it!

I met Khaleed at Lumpur airport, we talked at length, after we were through with the business discussions, he asked if i truly wish to marry you. How many people would ask me that question sef, their fault? My sunshine, you are too beautiful for a chimpanzee like myself. He advised me to put you to a test...

He was shocked after you said 'no' to that offer. I never knew you're gonna tell me.

It was all showing as if you'd take the offer at first. You thought it was a good business. Isn't it? You'd only pretend as someone's girlfriend for 3days, no sex, you guys won't even share ordinary kiss. Four thousand pounds just for that.... Plus free ticket to Houston, where the birthday will take place. When you asked if you could come with your male best friend, we thought you have entered the trap. I kept wondering who this person you are seeing is, i haven't suspect any of your male friends. Who could you be taking about, I wondered. I woke up in the night only to see your eyes wide open. You know i won't even sleep well if you haven't played with my beards and my chest. Maybe that was why i woke up. You told me about the call you got from a client of yours from Uk who has a rich introvert friend and would want to show off with a very hot lady in front of his family members. Everyone wants to see how classic their wives and girlfriends are at the wedding. The first thing you altered was "Rich people with show off sha". Truly, you are not aware it was all my plan. After telling me the business proposal, i encouraged you to do it. A time you needed money like 'winsh'. Your wanted to change your car..... I felt an electric rush all over my body when you said "i would never sell my dignity because of money". Chai, i don lose 1k. My asampete,you always want to do the right thing, always! You returned the £1000 advance payment already paid to you. My place in hell should be a special one.

Your colour glowed like sapphire on the day we had our introduction. I could hardly look into your eyes. They are too beautiful. Honey, i will talk about how i met you in chapter four.

Your mama born you well, not only that, you are such an exceptional beauty!
Babe, i know someone from my village is really, really angry at me, if no be the whole village sef.

Akanke mi, every seconds i spent with you is always amazing because we must talk about something new. You don't have time clubbing, your every kobo counts. You philosophy was so different, you don't spend on frivolities, despite your fat salary, you'd rather find one of eso ebi that matches the colour of the new one to be bought. You won't buy new ones...except it is different from the ones you already have. I would always want to build my whole world around you.

Chapter four.

I saw the shock on your face the day you the news broke that i impregnated someone. Not a good time, you are 2months heavy too. I think that was one of very few times i truly connected with God. The shock landed you on a sickbed, we all kept praying you wouldn't lose....
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
Chapter 4 and last

We kept praying you won't lose that pregnancy....

I love you to stupor honey, i was ready to kill anyone, i repeat anyone just to make you mine.
Our wedding wasn't even talk of town, but talk on mouths of selected few.

Except from the beads we bought from Madureira, it costed a lot than getting the local ones here. We argued back and front but you won. How many time have i won arguments with you sef?
Maybe twice or so.

When people starts trooping into that hall, i got so afraid that i had to start regretting why we didn't make the wedding strictly by invitation. Your dad wanted it free, i couldn't say otherwise.

The arrangement we made with the caterer was only 600 people. I still wonder how a hall of 500 seats could take more than 600 people's food. She agreed to give 50more if we'd pay for 550. Well, your dad and i no wan hear say food finish, me especially.
In no time they said food has finished, meanwhile some important people just came in and there was no food to serve them. Member of staffs at my work came late, was after they said the food has finished. I was angry and ready to slap that caterer if she wouldn't bring out tge food they had stolen.
As if you know those caterer's gimmicks,
You just made a call and voila, food don yapa again. Without me knowing, you had arranged for another 150peoples food in case of emergencies just like this.
Bravo, i dash you salute.
You surprised me again, You are truly a genius my 'Science'.
So many times i have doubted you but you proved me wrong, my fear was also that you'd be the husband, and i might end up a wife [/b]. I know you kept complaining that why I should never think like that. You blamed it on the friends i moved with then, but babe your attitudes proved no difference.

How could i be so heartless and devilish to the marrow? Am i not a human being? Or maybe i was just plainly wicked.

You and i know I don't keep much friends, the selected few i had, kept warning me about you!
They know how you are always hard on me whenever we have issues. Our malice no dey less than 2month. Haba, how long na?

We must fight sha ni. As if that wasn't enough, you gave me bad name with my family members, i no dey rest if we ever quarell. You are too rigid on me most time we fought. Anytime we have an heated argument you won't stop until i say sorry at that point, your speciality was for me to go on my kneels. To what point babe? Remember the day i broke your car side mirror?
It was in front Shola and Peace... We got back to your salon as soon as we can. By my calculation from Ojota to Airport and back shouldn't be more than 3hours hold traffic jam or no traffic jam... I had left since 11am But we came back around 5pm...... You don balance for me, i greeted you, it was as if i defecated on my own body. You wouldn't even wait till we get home before raising your voice at me, you snatched your keys and went straight to the vehicle then you saw the broken mirror. You came back and started pronouncing names on me.... That was in front of your staffs Shola and Peace, one other new girl was there. You no get respect for me whenever you are angry. If shouting at me in front of your girls has become normal, My friend, Spade was also there, Someone you've never met. I went to pick him from the airport. He was even greeting you but you wouldn't notice, you're so busy telling me how i spoilt my own car and wanted to spoil yours. You reminded me how i spent the money i promised you on a lady i never met. You couldn't even realise Spade has been there trying to calm you. I wouldn't want my friend start thinking you are a bad person. I quickly gave you your antidote, it was so shameful for me that day honey i knelt down for you. You walked away, i knew that as the normal routine, so i quickly turned the whole thing into a drama like a clown. I invited my friend to come see my 'olori laafin'. He came and you went straight on your knees to beg him. You held his legs to forgive you. He was surprised, not only him you came and dashed me a hug and kiss. You melt my heart in an instant!
Honey, those periods we quarrelled and keep malice was when i committed those atrocities too, Including this one that broke everything.

Honey, I keep missing those Celene Dion's tracks we mime to together. She was your favourite artist.

My plenty crime was trusting you enough to operate my phone anyhow. Had i not dropped it where you saw it. You wouldn't have opened my yansh in front of my friend and your staffs, those insolent girls! You checked my chat and saw where i promised a lady 50k. Truly I've never met her in person.
Don't you later regretted your actions too, when you realised the money i promised you was only spent on a business? I never met that lady and she didn't get a dime from me, that was just social media flirts.
Why dont you even give me some evidence of doubts? Any of Our heated quarell must turn to malice if i fail to beg you profusely or go on my knees, even in public Ayinke.
How many times have we come back from our numerous fight that wouldn't last nothing less than two months if not more.

Babe you and i know what i hated most is having you tell me one stupid word like that. 'Don't argue with me', why i no go argue with you, when i know I'm right and you're wrong? You can't be right every time. Bragging on your intellectual prowess as if we no go school.
I just have to keep quiet most times because i wouldn't want to escalate the issues that i know would lead to fight, same thing i did that day i broke your mirror.

The last 5 years my life before i went to...... was filled with sweet new winds, those 'insufficient funds' days became history. I know life has been easy for you dear.... I had never known life was so sweet until i met you. Your star worked with mine. It was like magic, i got money from near and far. I legitimately made money and several others. 'To get a good woman like you man got a lot of works to do....You got that spirit wey my star dey like'.

This paper is getting softer, i need to stop now not to totally ruin the sheets.

How could i have known that bitch got pregnant after we got married. She was sent to ruin me. You are 7weeks pregnant already, i couldnt call off the wedding anymore. I had to conceal and find another way to deal with her. I thought all she wanted was money before. I offered her some money but she kept insisting, she even ran away. I couldn't get in touch with her anymore. I kept looking for her till we got married. I only saw her the day mum called me to come home. She was already 3months heavy.

Your mum called you that day that she was coming to visit.
She wouldn't expect you to say no, because we all planned it, including my own mum. They are coming to inform you i have another person carrying my baby! I knew it all but acted as if i didn't. You kept asking why they both wanted to come same time. You thought they are only coming to pray for us.... And there i was acting as if i no know.... conscience wan kill me throway that day!

I had pleaded with them especially your mum to let me handle the whole issue, i had a perfect plan before that whole mess, but she wouldn't agree. She really wanted to tell you that word 'i told you so'.

What kind of mother do that to her own daughter? Well, maybe one. Your own step mother. It was always a painful story you don't like telling. Your mum died only when you are 3years old. Your father's wills are all in your name except few, yet your step mum had no daughter. Infact the only two sons she has are busy gallivanting up and down doing illegitimate businesses. I remember the day your immediate brother came to me, i thought he came to say reasonable thing, he told me to bring customers to him. He buys gift cards, dumbass!

Immediately you heard the news, you collapsed, and i only got to see you at the hospital.
The male doctor that wouldn't stop looking at me with one yeye eye said you lost the baby due to the shock. He told me there are no other complications, so you can go home. If i had known i would have left you in that hospital.

You wouldn't talk to me throughout the cruise home. You kept singing one song that kept me crying inside. It was a yoruba song.
Dide Jesu dide ooo
Dide ki o ran mi lowo
Oro yi koja temi ooo
Dide ma se damida
Meaning...
Rise, Jesus rise
Rise and help me
This matter is above my powers
Rise, dont leave me alone!

Strong yoruba words coming from an Edo girl like you, well you grew up in Lagos.

Cleanliness they say is next to godliness, you made me get closer to God. I kept asking God why he punished you by giving you me. A load lot of good guys out there looking for a rare radium like you! Why, why?
I was only trying to collect that knife from you, i couldnt have believed you could hurt a fly. You are ready to stab directly to my heart, but i tried wrestling the knife from you, then you twisted it to your own sef and we both stabbed you in the belly.

"Honey stand up, i need you now more than ever. Touch me once more Adunfe mi. . Please wake up and call me 'Layiwola sumondere' like you always do. I can't survive this...." Was all i kept saying to you while you lay down there as if it wasn't you we just finished speaking. I already promised you to deal with the issue. How could you do this, how could i have known that silence was fishy? You kept smiling as life slips out of you bit by bit.

They said i have to die too. Babe, you can't imagine the rumour i heard. People are saying i killed you because i know all your dad's property becomes mine when you die. I don't know why people don't reason. I want to take your dad's wealth while he is still alive? People with bad mouths. I had always missed you babe. I want to meet you soon, I'm done with the puzzle you said. Yinka told me about it, but i couldn't still understand how to go about it before i killed you. 2years I've been here behind bars and finally i was able to send you this letter before meeting you in person again, the hangman gave me some extra time to write this letter to you my love. I'm sorry for all I've done, well i rather say that to you personally. Please wait where i would see you soon. You know I don't like you keeping me waiting. I promise i will always cherish what i have if I ever had it again.
Yours in love
Olayiwola.

Meanwhile before Layiwola died, he told me to reveal this secret. He couldn't write anymore, his face was now dry. He was able to get that inner peace. He said "the other lady .....
He died while trying mutter some words. I went close to him and heard his last words clearly.
He said...
"this is a pure work of fiction by drabeey".

Drabeey writes....

Please feel free to criticise this work. Your reviews will always be appreciated. Thanks

Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Drabeey writes...

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by kunlesmiles(m): 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
Drabeey:
Chapter 4 and last

We kept praying you won't lose that pregnancy....

I love you to stupor honey, i was ready to kill anyone, i repeat anyone just to make you mine.
Our wedding wasn't even talk of town, but talk on mouths of selected few.

Except from the beads we bought from Madureira, it costed a lot than getting the local ones here. We argued back and front but you won. How many time have i won arguments with you sef?
Maybe twice or so.

When people starts trooping into that hall, i got so afraid that i had to start regretting why we didn't make the wedding strictly by invitation. Your dad wanted it free, i couldn't say otherwise.

The arrangement we made with the caterer was only 600 people. I still wonder how a hall of 500 seats could take more than 600 people's food. She agreed to give 50more if we'd pay for 550. Well, your dad and i no wan hear say food finish, me especially.
In no time they said food has finished, meanwhile some important people just came in and there was no food to serve them. Member of staffs at my work came late, was after they said the food has finished. I was angry and ready to slap that caterer if she wouldn't bring out tge food they had stolen.
As if you know those caterer's gimmicks,
You just made a call and voila, food don yapa again. Without me knowing, you had arranged for another 150peoples food in case of emergencies just like this.
Bravo, i dash you salute.
You surprised me again, You are truly a genius my 'Science'.
So many times i have doubted you but you proved me wrong, my fear was also that you'd be the husband, and i might end up a wife [/b]. I know you kept complaining that why I should never think like that. You blamed it on the friends i moved with then, but babe your attitudes proved no difference.

How could i be so heartless and devilish to the marrow? Am i not a human being? Or maybe i was just plainly wicked.

You and i know I don't keep much friends, the selected few i had, kept warning me about you!
They know how you are always hard on me whenever we have issues. Our malice no dey less than 2month. Haba, how long na?

We must fight sha ni. As if that wasn't enough, you gave me bad name with my family members, i no dey rest if we ever quarell. You are too rigid on me most time we fought. Anytime we have an heated argument you won't stop until i say sorry at that point, your speciality was for me to go on my kneels. To what point babe? Remember the day i broke your car side mirror?
It was in front Shola and Peace... We got back to your salon as soon as we can. By my calculation from Ojota to Airport and back shouldn't be more than 3hours hold traffic jam or no traffic jam... I had left since 11am But we came back around 5pm...... You don balance for me, i greeted you, it was as if i defecated on my own body. You wouldn't even wait till we get home before raising your voice at me, you snatched your keys and went straight to the vehicle then you saw the broken mirror. You came back and started pronouncing names on me.... That was in front of your staffs Shola and Peace, one other new girl was there. You no get respect for me whenever you are angry. If shouting at me in front of your girls has become normal, My friend, Spade was also there, Someone you've never met. I went to pick him from the airport. He was even greeting you but you wouldn't notice, you're so busy telling me how i spoilt my own car and wanted to spoil yours. You reminded me how i spent the money i promised you on a lady i never met. You couldn't even realise Spade has been there trying to calm you. I wouldn't want my friend start thinking you are a bad person. I quickly gave you your antidote, it was so shameful for me that day honey i knelt down for you. You walked away, i knew that as the normal routine, so i quickly turned the whole thing into a drama like a clown. I invited my friend to come see my 'olori laafin'. He came and you went straight on your knees to beg him. You held his legs to forgive you. He was surprised, not only him you came and dashed me a hug and kiss. You melt my heart in an instant!
Honey, those periods we quarrelled and keep malice was when i committed those atrocities too, Including this one that broke everything.

Honey, I keep missing those Celene Dion's tracks we mime to together. She was your favourite artist.

My plenty crime was trusting you enough to operate my phone anyhow. Had i not dropped it where you saw it. You wouldn't have opened my yansh in front of my friend and your staffs, those insolent girls! You checked my chat and saw where i promised a lady 50k. Truly I've never met her in person.
Don't you later regretted your actions too, when you realised the money i promised you was only spent on a business? I never met that lady and she didn't get a dime from me, that was just social media flirts.
Why dont you even give me some evidence of doubts? Any of Our heated quarell must turn to malice if i fail to beg you profusely or go on my knees, even in public Ayinke.
How many times have we come back from our numerous fight that wouldn't last nothing less than two months if not more.

Babe you and i know what i hated most is having you tell me one stupid word like that. 'Don't argue with me', why i no go argue with you, when i know I'm right and you're wrong? You can't be right every time. Bragging on your intellectual prowess as if we no go school.
I just have to keep quiet most times because i wouldn't want to escalate the issues that i know would lead to fight, same thing i did that day i broke your mirror.

The last 5 years my life before i went to...... was filled with sweet new winds, those 'insufficient funds' days became history. I know life has been easy for you dear.... I had never known life was so sweet until i met you. Your star worked with mine. It was like magic, i got money from near and far. I legitimately made money and several others. 'To get a good woman like you man got a lot of works to do....You got that spirit wey my star dey like'.

This paper is getting softer, i need to stop now not to totally ruin the sheets.

How could i have known that bitch got pregnant after we got married. She was sent to ruin me. You are 7weeks pregnant already, i couldnt call off the wedding anymore. I had to conceal and find another way to deal with her. I thought all she wanted was money before. I offered her some money but she kept insisting, she even ran away. I couldn't get in touch with her anymore. I kept looking for her till we got married. I only saw her the day mum called me to come home. She was already 3months heavy.

Your mum called you that day that she was coming to visit.
She wouldn't expect you to say no, because we all planned it, including my own mum. They are coming to inform you i have another person carrying my baby! I knew it all but acted as if i didn't. You kept asking why they both wanted to come same time. You thought they are only coming to pray for us.... And there i was acting as if i no know.... conscience wan kill me throway that day!

I had pleaded with them especially your mum to let me handle the whole issue, i had a perfect plan before that whole mess, but she wouldn't agree. She really wanted to tell you that word 'i told you so'.

What kind of mother do that to her own daughter? Well, maybe one. Your own step mother. It was always a painful story you don't like telling. Your mum died only when you are 3years old. Your father's wills are all in your name except few, yet your step mum had no daughter. Infact the only two sons she has are busy gallivanting up and down doing illegitimate businesses. I remember the day your immediate brother came to me, i thought he came to say reasonable thing, he told me to bring customers to him. He buys gift cards, dumbass!

Immediately you heard the news, you collapsed, and i only got to see you at the hospital.
The male doctor that wouldn't stop looking at me with one yeye eye said you lost the baby due to the shock. He told me there are no other complications, so you can go home. If i had known i would have left you in that hospital.

You wouldn't talk to me throughout the cruise home. You kept singing one song that kept me crying inside. It was a yoruba song.
Dide Jesu dide ooo
Dide ki o ran mi lowo
Oro yi koja temi ooo
Dide ma se damida
Meaning...
Rise, Jesus rise
Rise and help me
This matter is above my powers
Rise, dont leave me alone!

Strong yoruba words coming from an Edo girl like you, well you grew up in Lagos.

Cleanliness they say is next to godliness, you made me get closer to God. I kept asking God why he punished you by giving you me. A load lot of good guys out there looking for a rare radium like you! Why, why?
I was only trying to collect that knife from you, i couldnt have believed you could hurt a fly. You are ready to stab directly to my heart, but i tried wrestling the knife from you, then you twisted it to your own sef and we both stabbed you in the belly.

"Honey stand up, i need you now more than ever. Touch me once more Adunfe mi. . Please wake up and call me 'Layiwola sumondere' like you always do. I can't survive this...." Was all i kept saying to you while you lay down there as if it wasn't you we just finished speaking. I already promised you to deal with the issue. How could you do this, how could i have known that silence was fishy? You kept smiling as life slips out of you bit by bit.

They said i have to die too. Babe, you can't imagine the rumour i heard. People are saying i killed you because i know all your dad's property becomes mine when you die. I don't know why people don't reason. I want to take your dad's wealth while he is still alive? People with bad mouths. I had always missed you babe. I want to meet you soon, I'm done with the puzzle you said. Yinka told me about it, but i couldn't still understand how to go about it before i killed you. 2years I've been here behind bars and finally i was able to send you this letter before meeting you in person again, the hangman gave me some extra time to write this letter to you my love. I'm sorry for all I've done, well i rather say that to you personally. Please wait where i would see you soon. You know I don't like you keeping me waiting. I promise i will always cherish what i have if I ever had it again.
Yours in love
Olayiwola.

Meanwhile before Layiwola died, he told me to reveal this secret. He couldn't write anymore, his face was now dry. He was able to get that inner peace. He said "the other lady .....
He died while trying mutter some words. I went close to him and heard his last words clearly.
He said...
"this is a pure work of fiction by drabeey".

Drabeey writes....

Please feel free to criticise this work. Your reviews will always be appreciated. Thanks

Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Drabeey writes...
ur write-up is filled with raw emotion. got hooked on from start,weldone bro
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by catwalq(f): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
Couldn't stop reading.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
catwalq:
Couldn't stop reading.
I'm happy you love this, thank u

kunlesmiles:
ur write-up is filled with raw emotion. got hooked on from start,weldone bro

Thanks for the motivation!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Osi01(m): 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
This is just "wow"
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Danthesage(m): 1:05am On Jun 18, 2019
Wow! A beautiful piece from you.

One could not even detect it was fiction until towards the tail head of chapter 4.

More ink to your pen!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 18, 2019
Danthesage:
Wow! A beautiful piece from you.

One could not even detect it was fiction until towards the tail head of chapter 4.

More ink to your pen!
Thanks
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
I Love this, i've think of calling you all sorts of name but i said let me wait till the end to know if this is just a fiction before i descend on you.
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 21, 2019
isjames:
I Love this, i've think of calling you all sorts of name but i said let me wait till the end to know if this is just a fiction before i descend on you.

Descend on me.... cool grin
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by kingphilip(m): 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nice piece you have here

But you promised to tell us how you guys fictionally met but you never did
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
kingphilip:
Nice piece you have here

But you promised to tell us how you guys fictionally met but you never did

Series 2 you mean? I just want to know if those gibberish up there has any meaning.... Sorry to ask you this bro, do you by any chance know lalasticlala?
Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by germaphobe(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
u get luck say na fiction be dis, i 4 don flog bottle for ur head. But las las it made me cry small shaa

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Wife. If You Could Forgive Me Before I Die. by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 24, 2019
germaphobe:
u get luck say na fiction be dis, i 4 don flog bottle for ur head. But las las it made me cry small shaa

My head wey no kuku strong before grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Love From Above / Latest Kenneth Hagin Books / The Gift Of The Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.