Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart (52465 Views)

Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) / Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It / Warning Signs That You May Be At Risk Of A Heart Attack And What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by nextnear(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2019
udomoh:
Have you seen seen the man living without a heart? Is is possible to live without a heart? Well read the news article below.

A gentleman named Craig Lewis, a 55-year-old experiencing a life threatening heart disease, named “amyloidosis”, was admitted to the Texas Heart Institute.

Amyloidosis (am-uh-loi-DO-sis) is a rare disease that occurs when a substance called amyloid builds up in your organs. Amyloid is an abnormal protein that is produced in your bone marrow and can be deposited in any tissue or organ.

Luckily, Dr. Billy Cohn and Dr. Bud Frazier from the Institute came up with what they call a “continuous flow” device which would let blood to circulate through his body without a pulse.

They detached Mr Lewis’ heart and then connected the device -the patient was up, well and speaking with doctors in the same day.

The device is formed by intricately tying together two ventricular assist devices, replacing the entire heart, It whirls instead of pulses, spinning blood through the body in a continuous flow.

Dr. Cohn is a expert surgeon, as well as an discoverer and scientist who has consumed a large part of his life developing technologies to substitute or repair the human heart. The most distinguished device being what is called the Left Ventricular Assist Device, also termed as LVADs.
Cohn teamed up with Dr. Bud Frazier to make a new discovery that uses the technology from LVADs to duplicate the functions of the heart’s right and left ventricles. They (inappropriately) tried their device on 70 calves, all of whom gave a flat line on an EKG, no heart rate or pulse, yet they were flawlessly normal, ate normally and related with each other normally but again, had no heartbeat.

The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood around the body. Common diseases that affect the heart are myocardial infarction, endocarditis, rheumatic heart disease, cardiomyopathy, congenital heart diseases, atherosclerosis, myomas, cancers, hemochromatosis, coronary artery diseases and so on.

https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/06/17/craig-lewis-first-man-to-live-without-a-heart/?amp/
and he will still fall in love now, wonders sha
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Dellfoam(m): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2019
So, what are suggesting now!

That I should live without a heart, this is Money spent!

www.ormail..com
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
MistadeRegal:
But will never be like the original.
you think they are trying to create an heart?
They are only trying to save life, no one is in competition with ur god.
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Abcruz(m): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
masterP042:
All thanks to the doctors, man correcting god's mistakes since 200bc

Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?

Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Job 38:2-4
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by bewla(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
udomoh:
The best thing that has ever happened to mankind is Science.
with a little sourcery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by hopefulLandlord: 12:36am On Jun 19, 2019
akoaki:
It this guy was living in Nigeria I would have recommended fasting and prayers to repair or replace the heart!! Or go for deliverance in one of the mega churches.
The white man is wonderful, unlike his counterpart in the black race.

He'd keep moving from one church to the other where they'd drain almost all the money he has. by the time the money is almost depleted and he's probably entered massive debts combined with rapidly declining health he'd then turn to science but by that time it'd be too late and he'd die. then at his funeral you'd hear meaningless and useless sentences like "We love you but god loved you more"
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by hopefulLandlord: 12:37am On Jun 19, 2019
Zoroaster:
Science trouncing god again smiley
Trouncing mythological characters isn't that hard

1 Like

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by hopefulLandlord: 12:39am On Jun 19, 2019
engrchykae:
and abuse of scientific knowledge will usher in apocalypse

just like religious wars would bring it too. I'd rather get wiped out of existence in the course of trying to better the world than the course of some idiots who think their mythology is better than another
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by hopefulLandlord: 12:40am On Jun 19, 2019
MeeLan:
this man get liver o
His liver is intact I presume, only his heart had issues
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by hopefulLandlord: 12:41am On Jun 19, 2019
charliboy654:
no one is in competition with ur god.

science has been rendering their god useless since time immemorial

2 Likes

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by ayanbaba2(m): 5:48am On Jun 19, 2019
hmnnn... God is good!
see as Dem they use their brain!
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by engrchykae(m): 11:16am On Jun 19, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

just like religious wars would bring it too. I'd rather get wiped out of existence in the course of trying to better the world than the course of some idiots who think their mythology is better than another
i am not on the side of religion and myth.
the truth is that the world needs morals but appealing only to human conscience in order to do what is right is dead on arrival.
that is why religion was invented to enhance social order even when the religious leaders take a political decision to kill their political enemies they gave their conquest a religious name such as CRUSADE or JIHAD.both are HOLY WARS.
meaning WARS that is HOLY.
i will rather have RELIGION in the hands of fools than have SCIENCE in the hands of fools.
get my point.
science will even demystify religion in the long run.
that is why religion fight against science.
then in egypt,science is masked under religious cloak but only the few have access to its knowledge and practice.
the world is drifting into destruction with science in the hands of fools such as america and russia and north korea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by MistadeRegal(m): 1:08am On Jun 27, 2019
charliboy654:

you think they are trying to create an heart?
They are only trying to save life, no one is in competition with ur god.

Who can even compete with my GOD?
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 27, 2019
Hmm.. so many things we take for granted because we never blow. God i thank u for my sound health oo
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Ziggylady(f): 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

Welcome. Where is ziggylady and tossie101? It's long i saw them here last.

They are the two die hard female bigots i know on this forum, but now you again. I can understand a male bigot, but a female bigot?

Seems you guys are fed with lots of hate while growing up going by the number of female bigots on this forum.

I've always thought bigotry was a thing of the males, until i began to saw lots of females like you.

May you all find peace with God.

I have been around..just watching from the side-lines and still has no love for yorubas..

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ziggylady:

I have been around..just watching from the side-lines and still has no love for yorubas..

Cheers.

Lol, alright. Love you.

It's been long i was active on NL last too. I only read updates offline so i won't be tempted to post or start any jobless argument with anyone. I gat to do something tangible with my life. Social media, posting and all related stuffs waste time a lot.

Hope you've been good all the while.
Cheers.
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by tossie101(f): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ziggylady:

Cheers.
Lol same here babe.
I'm Just very busy these days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
tossie101:

Lol same here babe.
I'm Just very busy these days

Hmmm. Welcome back. Good to see you, but no more tribal dissing. Lol.

I'm happy to see you just like I saw ziggy the other time.

1 Like

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by tossie101(f): 12:42am On Sep 14, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

Hmmm. Welcome back. Good to see you, but no more tribal dissing. Lol.

I'm happy to see you just like I saw ziggy the other time.

Lol im actually nice smiley, but tell ur brothers to stop insulting my people.
Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2019
tossie101:

Lol im actually nice smiley, but tell ur brothers to stop insulting my people.

Lol. It's vice versa. Your brothers too are sharp mouthed, talented in bringing out fault in people. You know you Igbos are very forward, daring and courageous which is good quality, but the same quality affect them to be forward in dissing people first. No one is a saint. That's on a lighter note though.
It's a defualt human trait. Wherever humans are, especially blacks, there will always be reasons to fight, hate, and be disunited. From the continent level till we have one family against another, one man against another. That's life.
People will always fight and hate, some of your friends will hate you for having good stature, some will hate you for looking beautiful, some will hate you for making it more than them.
So, from individual level, to family, institution/place of work, town, community, ethnic, tribe, region, country, continent, race, world level, humans will always have reasons to hate and fight. Only love can heal the world.

Hope you've been good my friend wink?

1 Like

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by tossie101(f): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

Lol. It's vice versa. Your brothers too are sharp mouthed, talented in bringing out fault in people. You know you Igbos are very forward, daring and courageous which is good quality, but the same quality affect them to be forward in dissing people first. No one is a saint. That's on a lighter note though.
It's a defualt human trait. Wherever humans are, especially blacks, there will always be reasons to fight, hate, and be disunited. From the continent level till we have one family against another, one man against another. That's life.
People will always fight and hate, some of your friends will hate you for having good stature, some will hate you for looking beautiful, some will hate you for making it more than them.
So, from individual level, to family, institution/place of work, town, community, ethnic, tribe, region, country, continent, race, world level, humans will always have reasons to hate and fight. Only love can heal the world.

Hope you've been good my friend wink?

Apt! Correct!! smiley.
Except the part u said IGBOS diss first.
I don't think its true, because Igbos are more liberal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 14, 2019
tossie101:

Apt! Correct!! smiley.
Except the part u said IGBOS diss first.
I don't think its true, because Igbos are more liberal.

Alright my friend, I agree with whatever you say smiley. The most important thing in life is, love has no tribe, evil has no tribe. Wherever you may find yourself, whoever shares love and humanity with you, same is your blood, family, tribe and friend.

Although some good or bad traits may be perculiar to some tribe or group of people because of background, religion and other factors. But yet, whoever is out to hurt you regardless of tribe is your enemy, and whoever is out for your good regardless of tribe is your friend.

Humanity and love is the only tribe in life.

May it be well with you my friend.

1 Like

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by tossie101(f): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

Alright my friend, I agree with whatever you say smiley. The most important thing in life is, love has no tribe, evil has no tribe. Wherever you may find yourself, whoever shares love and humanity with you, same is your blood, family, tribe and friend.

Although some good or bad traits may be perculiar to some tribe or group of people because of background, religion and other factors. But yet, whoever is out to hurt you regardless of tribe is your enemy, and whoever is out for your good regardless of tribe is your friend.

Humanity and love is the only tribe in life.

May it be well with you my friend.

Thank u and God bless you. smiley
U seem a very nice person and matured too.

Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 16, 2019
tossie101:

Thank u and God bless you. smiley
U seem a very nice person and matured too.

Happy sunday

God bless you too my friend smiley.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep / COVID-19 Patients Having Fun With Drum At Isolation Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.