Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Phcn Stikes As Jonathan Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn Stikes As Jonathan Speaks (612 Views)

'People Have Deserted Aso Rock Because I'm Going' - Jonathan Speaks Emotionally / Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phcn Stikes As Jonathan Speaks by xterra2(m): 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2010
STILL smarting from the shock of the Independence Day explosions, President Goodluck Jonathan was Sunday embarrassed by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) at the interdenominational service to mark the Golden Jubilee anniversary, reports Gbenga Omokhunu

THE President got another shock Sunday. Two days after the bomb explosions which marred the nation’s 50th Independence anniversary celebration, President Goodluck Jonathan was reading a scriptural passage at the National Ecumenical Centre, Abuja when a power outage cut him short.

He did not wait for the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to restore electricity supply.

He returned to his seat, apparently in anger. He did not return to complete the reading of the second lesson from Joel 2:19:29.

It was an embarrassing moment witnessed by former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, who had read the first lesson from Leviticus 25:8-12, Senate President David Mark, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, Service Chiefs and ministers.

The President, who expressed disappointment at the situation, said it further demonstrated that power was one of the major problems in the country.

He assured all that he would continue to exert energy to enable Nigerians enjoy basic needs of life.

His words: "I now know with the power outage that power is one of the major problems of this country and we will address it fast.

"We must work hard to change Nigeria. The bomb blasted on October 1 were meant to destroy the celebration. The perpetrators will not go unpunished."

President of Christian Association of Nigerian (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor in his message said: "As a nation we talk too much and we do not implement. We lack the conscience, will and the spirit to perform. Any man that will not serve God will serve man."

Many people found access to the Ecumenical Centre where the service held difficult following the Independence Day exploxion as security operatives subjected worshippers to thorough scrutiny.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Phcn Stikes As Jonathan Speaks by Mobinga: 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2010
xterra2:

His words: "I now know with the power outage that power is one of the major problems of this country and we will address it fast.

Oh My God!! This guy did not know since??!
He should really stop speaking to the media except it is extremely important. . . he doesn't know how to talk!!
It seems the only place he makes sense is on Facebook. . . . sad Sad.

Thats if he really said the above, if he didn't then i strike the above and Xterra can go bleep himself cool

#Goodluck Jonathan is irrelevant come 2011

Nuhu Ribadu for President
Re: Phcn Stikes As Jonathan Speaks by xterra2(m): 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2010
Mobinga:

Oh My God!! This guy did not know since??!
He should really stop speaking to the media except it is extremely important. . . he doesn't know how to talk!!
It seems the only place he makes sense is on Facebook. . . . sad Sad.

Thats if he really said the above, if he didn't then i strike the above and Xterra can go bleep himself cool

#Goodluck Jonathan is irrelevant come 2011

Nuhu Ribadu for President

As a deputy governor,to governor to vice president to president
You should know that he has a standby generator
In Abuja,if you are going to AYA by the end of the Villa Rotate your head to about 60 degrees you shall see the Big standby generators they have in Villa

(1) (Reply)

Governors Forum In Crisis / Appeal Court Reserves Judgment In Aregbesola, Oyinlola’s Case ! / House Wants Allocations To Edo, Ekiti Stopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.