Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Fifa Suspends Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Suspends Nigeria (723 Views)

Fifa Suspends Nigeria For Government Interference / FIFA Suspends Nigeria / Adidas Suspends Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fifa Suspends Nigeria by harmeenut: 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2010
SAW THIS COMING

Suspension of the Nigeria Football Federation
(FIFA.com) Monday 4 October 2010
Print
Email my friend

The FIFA Emergency Committee decided today, 4 October 2010, to suspend the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) with immediate effect on account of government interference.

This decision follows the latest events linked to the NFF, such as the court actions against elected members of the NFF Executive Committee preventing them from exercising their functions and duties, the stepping down of the acting NFF General Secretary on the instructions of the National Sports Commission, the decision of the Minister of Sports to have the Nigerian League start without relegation from the previous season, and the fact that the NFF Executive Committee cannot work properly due to this interference.

The suspension will be maintained until the court actions have ceased and the duly elected NFF Executive Committee is able to work without any interference.

During the period of suspension, the NFF will not be able to be represented in any regional, continental or international competitions, including at club level, and also not in friendly matches. In addition, neither the NFF nor any of its members or officials can benefit from any development programme, course, or training from FIFA or CAF while the federation remains suspended.

culled from: http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/administration/releases/newsid=1312576.html#suspension+nigeria+football+federation
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by Kx: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2010
This is fifa way of telling govt and the former GEJ banning and unbanning moves that d ultimate power rests with fifa
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by abiop: 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
knowing the lilly-livered Nigeria govt, every decisions may be reversed in the next 48 hours.

But what happens to our next world cup match if the ban remains?
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by Arabambi1: 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2010
Act 1: Scene 1 grin
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by eghost247(m): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2010
Aramabi 1 is right ACT 1 SCENE 1
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by igbalajobi: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
Very good; I don't understand how administrators in Nigeria reason. All in the name of peace you change no of teams in premier league to 24!!!; meaning they will play for 46 weeks out of 52 weeks shocked how are they going to cope with all the travelings, continental matches, logistics, etc.
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by asha2: 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2010
igbalajobi:

Very good; I don't understand how administrators in Nigeria reason. All in the name of peace you change no of teams in premier league to 24!!!; meaning they will play for 46 weeks out of 52 weeks shocked how are they going to cope with all the travelings, continental matches, logistics, etc.

Gives you an insight on how the men their think undecided 24 teams indeed.
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by abiop: 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
Quote from: igbalajobi on Today at 05:27:55 PM
Very good; I don't understand how administrators in Nigeria reason. All in the name of peace you change no of teams in premier league to 24!!!; meaning they will play for 46 weeks out of 52 weeks Shocked how are they going to cope with all the travelings, continental matches, logistics, etc.

Gives you an insight on how the men their think Undecided 24 teams indeed.

What do you expect when water engr is made sport minister? This is the result of having the wrong people in the right places. At the end of the season how many will be relegated? may be 8 to return to statuo quo

Naija I hail thee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
If we no fit play & qualify for the Nations Cup i no go like am OH!
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by Arabambi1: 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2010
GEJ may just use the opportunity to implement his earlier withdrawal from football for the next 2 years
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by medjai(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2010
just what we need
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by igbalajobi: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
This is another congratulatory card for Naija @ 50 following the one from MEND. Only GOD knows who is sending the next surprise package
Re: Fifa Suspends Nigeria by mukina2: 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2010

(1)

Fifa Launches Investigation Into Vote-selling Claims (Amos Adamu mentioned) / I Dread Aguero More Than Messi — Olubayo ! / What Games Are Played With A Net And No Ball?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.