Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration (14498 Views)

HURIWA Flays Buhari, South East Politicians Over Inauguration Of Enugu Airport / 9/24 Edo Assembly Members Elect New Speaker, Deputy At Night (photos) / Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by CGMedia: 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
Members-elect of the Edo State House of Assembly on Monday demanded the state governor, Godwin Obaseki, to immediately inaugurate them, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that the members-elect, during a press conference held at the NUJ press centre in Benin city, said with the expiration of the 6th assembly on 7th June, the state governor ought to have issued a letter of proclamation for their inauguration to avoid the present vacuum and constitutional crisis.

Speaking on behalf of the members-elect, Barr. Washington Osa-Osifo representing Uhumwonde state constituency, said it was an aberration for the members-elect of same political party, APC, in the state not to be inaugurated up till date.

Igbere TV recalls that the last House of Assembly election produced 24/24 All Progressives Congress lawmakers-elect in the Edo Assembly.

Osifo said they must work in line with section 105 subsection 3 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).

According to him, “all other states of the federation have inaugurated their Houses of assembly, Governor Godwin Obaseki has deliberately refused to allow that of Edo state to function thus usurping the power of the legislators.

“The Governor no matter how powerful, cannot impose individuals either as speaker or deputy on the legislators. At best, he can only lobby for his preferred candidate as was recently witnessed at the national assembly”.

Chanting various struggle songs, the members-elect said they want well-meaning individuals like President Muhammadu Buhari, Oba of Benin, national leaders of the party and the leadership of the National Assembly to prevail on Governor Obaseki to immediately issue a letter of proclamation to enable the State House of Assembly to function and to avoid serious constitutional crisis.

Igbere TV reports that a total of 19 members-elect were present at the press conference.

See their signatures below...

http://igberetvnews.com/781233/edo-assembly-members-elect-blow-hot-report-obaseki-to-buhari-oba-over-delayed-inauguration/

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by chinjo(m): 12:38am On Jun 18, 2019
Oshiomhole thinks Benin is ABUJA. Nonsense. He can only impose candidates in ABUJA and not in Benin.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by chozzy: 12:55am On Jun 18, 2019
The Ambode treatment cannot work in South South
Let Oshiomole try nonsense

Niger Delta no dey Carry last.
If you try anyhow, you will see anyhow.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by buharitill2023: 12:59am On Jun 18, 2019
obaseki is digging his own grave, you can not be bigger than your master, don't follow the way of idiotic pigs or to end up like idiotic pigs.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by buharitill2023: 1:05am On Jun 18, 2019
chozzy:

we in edo don't encourage illegality like other south south state that behaves like idiotic pigs region.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by greymiles: 1:12am On Jun 18, 2019
chozzy:

Lagos is part of south south cuz it belongs to the edos

3 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 18, 2019
They should cry no more, the inauguration they are asking for has finally been held.

Stupid bunch of Oshiomole boys think Edo is Lagos. Or that Obaseki is "ball-less" Ambode.

But it's like Obaseki schooled in Saraki's school of political strategy.

16 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by donphilopus: 1:43am On Jun 18, 2019
Awol1:
They should cry no more, the inauguration they are asking for has finally been held.

Stupid bunch of Oshiomole boys think Edo is Lagos. Or that Obaseki is "ball-less" Ambode.

But it's like Obaseki schooled in Saraki's school of political strategy.

Why do you guys support illegality? Whichever way, it's an internal affair and it shall be settled amicably.

When Obaseki's fvvck up is being treated, hope you guys won't abandon him like you always do?

9 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by TooMuchStuff: 5:22am On Jun 18, 2019
donphilopus:

Why do you guys support illegality? Whichever way, it's an internal affair and it shall be settled amicably.

When Obaseki's fvvck up is being treated, hope you guys won't abandon him like you always do?

We will port him to PDP straight up!!

Obaseki is a fine gentleman with a good heart.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 18, 2019
donphilopus:

Abandon him?

When have I been with him?

Both of them are in APC and I have no business with the Islamic party.

They can shred themselves to pieces if they want.

I only spoke for Obaseki here because I godfatherism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by aolawale025: 6:47am On Jun 18, 2019
Politics of survival
Obaseki afraid of the unknown
Members wanna start eating

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by martineverest(m): 7:00am On Jun 18, 2019
obaseki isn't ambode

4 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by Indispensable85(m): 7:42am On Jun 18, 2019
buharitill2023:
obaseki is digging his own grave, you can not be bigger than your master,
don't follow the way of idiotic pigs or to end up like idiotic pigs.

He's even making his situation worse without knowing it.
Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2019
buharitill2023:
obaseki is digging his own grave, you can not be bigger than your master,
don't follow the way of idiotic pigs or to end up like idiotic pigs.
Which useless grave, no they use tinubu case study on us. If Adams do anyhow he go see anyhow. Esan go align with Benin while our side go split votes. If Adams get sense he better make he loyal to the government

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:21am On Jun 18, 2019
donphilopus:

Nothing go happen, no be Lagos be Edo state. We love obaseki and he go rule again. I hate you when you allow sentiments to get the better part of your brain, this is someone that is trying to fix a state that idiat oshiomhole used debt to destroy, let him leave obaseki to face governance well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by Carlyscales: 8:24am On Jun 18, 2019
Clueless lawmakers.

Is PMB the class monitor or their headteacher
That he'll come n punish Obaseki

What does the Constitution allow them to get redress period

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by ChristianNorth: 8:27am On Jun 18, 2019
This is how things are done not some cowards claiming to be sophisticated.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by buharitill2023: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

Which useless grave, no they use tinubu case study on us. If Adams do anyhow he go see anyhow. Esan go align with Benin while our side go split votes. If Adams get sense he better make he loyal to the government
you dont even know edo politics, binis can not align with esan politically, and everyone fighting obaseki are the same apc elders of benin axis.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:43am On Jun 18, 2019
buharitill2023:
you dont even know edo politics, binis can not align with esan politically, and everyone fighting obaseki are the same apc elders of benin axis.
My state so you sabi pass me, my aunty is a woman leader of my local government so tell me what I don't know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by OAUTemitayo: 8:45am On Jun 18, 2019
ChristianNorth:
This is how things are done not some cowards claiming to be sophisticated.
Like seriously?
Illegality is the way things are done?
Coming from people who always shout marginalisation and cheating.
smh

3 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by ChristianNorth: 9:03am On Jun 18, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

Like seriously?
Illegality is the way things are done?
Coming from people who always shout marginalisation and cheating.
smh
If it is against Igbos, it is sophistication but if others play your game, it is illegality.

Go and check the constitution's submission on Federal Character.

By excluding a major tribe in government, this government is not legally constituted, but you idiats are not shouting illegality.

The fact we chose to shut-up doesn't mean we don't know illegality is being perpetrated against us or can't bring a lawsuit against the government and win our case convincingly.

Take your illegality to your devilish party and leave me out of APC's stopidity.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by OAUTemitayo: 9:05am On Jun 18, 2019
ChristianNorth:

If it is against Igbos, it is sophistication but if others play your game, it is illegality.

Go and check the constitution's submission on Federal Character.

By excluding a major tribe in government, this government is not legally constituted, but you idiats are not shouting illegality.

The fact we chose to shut-up doesn't mean we don't know illegality is being perpetrated against us or can't bring a lawsuit against the government and win our case convincingly.

Take your illegality to your devilish party and leave me out of APC's stopidity.
Which illegality did you see in Lagos Assembly?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by ChristianNorth: 9:07am On Jun 18, 2019
OAUTemitayo:
Which illegality did you see in Lagos Assembly?
Where did you see Lagos Assembly?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by Saltoflife: 9:14am On Jun 18, 2019
Governors are always a problem to subordinate
When I become governor I no go be like this.
I am teaching digital marketing for those interested on whatsap. ..it may take weeks o. But if you're ready hop in or slide in my whatsap. Now
Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by fikiman7000(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2019
Are these oshiomole vs obaseki news real?? If yes I'll like to see how it will end...sweet years ahead in Nigeria politics grin
Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by chinavs9ja(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2019
Hmmmmmmmm

Kindly get your own website today...check my signature
Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by martineverest(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2019
they think Edo is Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by Brightology2(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2019
Hahhahahhahahahhaa
Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by gfraety: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2019
scam people
Re: Edo Assembly Members-elect Report Obaseki To Buhari, Oba Over Inauguration by elewele2019: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2019
DO YOU DESIRE TO OWN A VERY GOOD FOREIGN USED LAPTOP WITH WARRANTY?

THEN YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE…

We have top brands such as Hp, Mac, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, Asus, Acer and lots more.

Buy now at affordable price.

HURRY NOW…ONLY SERIOUS BUYERS!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Writes Secondus, Invites PDP National Officers For Investigation / Boko Haram: Buhari Vows To Find Missing Chibok Girls / Oyetola, His Deputy Dragged To Court Over Oath Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.