Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time - Sports (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time (100652 Views)

Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by hoyiilow: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2019
[Chukwueze is the next big thing in African football.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by GodSaklek(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2019
YoungAncient1:
Mikel played every game since joining Middlesborough in January. He left, he wasn't released. Mikel does more for the players even off the pitch. He is still our best passer in midfield and controls the game well. He may not be as fast or mobile as Iwobi is, but he has got a better vision and knows how to hold up play to create a running chance for his team mates. He only lost one ball in the game. Other times, the Burundians needed to foul him first in order to disposes him. He didn't feature so much in the first half, but how well do we play in the first half?
Sometimes, a change is what the game needs not because the guy in there was bad, but because the tactics wasn't working with him inside.

He would have gives the young ones a chance by announcing his retirement before the afcon,assume that @NGSuperEagles was disgraced by 135th ranking Burundi,u won't be saying this,well I don't blame him but a mediocre coach we have by taken him to nations cup,Yaya toure, Drogba, kalou and Co has hanged the boot, don't know why he won't allow young ones to play

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Cajal(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
the only person to blame for the failure of our super eagles to score a single goal in this first half is buhari.....some of you will not agree...but thats just the gospel truth....buhari badluck is affecting every sector and part of this country...just name one thing that has have positive growth since that idiot took power....may God punish buhari and all his supporters
..amen..so shall it be if that is the truth
If it is not...'.then back to the sender'

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by sisisioge: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Sis, where are the girls? undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Go boys...wrong thread. May God help move the girls forward too grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by vickydevoka(m): 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
olatilldend:
This Mikel accent is not Nigerian, not English and definitely not Chinese.. . . . grin
U forget to name Russia

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Ikpongiton: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
wiseone28:
Don't wish them back luck
what do mean?is buhari badluck?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Ossaifamous(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2019
AryaSand:

Move to my area, our power supply schedule right now is from 8am - 3am. 19hrs everyday.
They change it every 2-3months though, but 15hours is guaranteed everyday
Ours is ok but every 6 pm then boom brother go comot am
Annoying thing is, he should v considered the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by UC0UC(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2019
helinues:

Did you watch the match?

Yes I did, the 2rd half. If was not interesting. Even Egypt v Zimbabwe was more interesting compared to that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by KelvinCoaster(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2019
Up Super Eagles

We will surely get 9 points from this group

Hit like if you agree

Share if you disagree

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by quickly: 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
Chiwude:
This Mikel capegoating should stop.
The Captain and every other player did a good job today. We didn't play badly. Mikel held his own in the midfield, his only problem was trying to do too much on the ball. He has to correct this and find his runner on time.
Coach Gernot Rohr called him up because of his experience. There's surely no way Naija losses a midfield battle when you have a press absolver in Mikel.
So please let's stop the Mikel bashing and support our team.

Mikel should be on the bench and come in 2nd half. As mikel
Left improvements you could see the difference b
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by bigiyaro(m): 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
MrCEO69:
saw this same comment on twitter
he wrote it dia
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
LeoFish92:
That assist is one of the best I've ever seen all my life

It's an orgasm inducing assist
A Redondo or Guti kind of Assist!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by nepapole(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
ovokate:

And he did smiley
Yes maam...
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Samunique(m): 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2019
Chukazu:
First time in a long time am seeing Nigerian team running like headless chicken with no purpose.

We are known for our own pattern/brand of football but here we are chasing after Ball and allow Burundi control the pace
Burundi was controlling the game?

You are very biased. !!! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by lextube: 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
Mikel shouldn't be in our first team, he should be coming in as a substitute, and whenever he comes in, he should play as a defensive midfielder, not as an attacking midfielder (he has no business in that department).

Also Gernot Rohr should do well to scout for attacking midefielders. Apart from Iwobi, we lack talents in that department.

Overall we did well, and in my opinion, we have a complete team, that's if Mikel comes in as a substitute and concentrates his effort as a defensive midfielder.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by sirconfidence1(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
dominique:
If only Ighalo had scored that superb goal against Argentina
. Still painful that we lost that match. But Igahlo has been forgiven.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by YoungAncient1: 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
GodSaklek:

He would have gives the young ones a chance by announcing his retirement before the afcon,assume that @NGSuperEagles was disgraced by 135th ranking Burundi,u won't be saying this,well I don't blame him but a mediocre coach we have by taken him to nations cup,Yaya toure, Drogba, kalou and Co has hanged the boot, don't know why he won't allow young ones to play
Same thing neutrals are saying about Messi; that his presence is casting a huge shadow over newer guys like Dybala. No doubt Mikel is not the player he was few years back, but i can bet you we will still complain if Iwobi or any other player starts in that position in the next match. At least, we have seen that before. He has said this will be his last outing for Nigeria so he doesn't over stay his welcome.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by kokan: 9:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
wer is alampasu playing football...or you think national team is where u invite anyhow...
a theophilus afelokhai of enyimba would have done better...
will there not be trainings for him? We clubs see him do well in his country they will buy him. Since his good, he should have been put online

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by stanliwise(m): 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
YoungAncient1:
Same thing neutrals are saying about Messi; that his presence is casting a huge shadow over newer guys like Dybala. No doubt Mikel is not the player he was few years back, but i can bet you we will still complain if Iwobi or any other player starts in that position in the next match. At least, we have seen that before. He has said this will be his last outing for Nigeria so he doesn't over stay his welcome.
Messi should keep overshowding, two of Dybala won't do much.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by TundeeednuT: 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
MrCEO69:

saw this same comment on twitter
lol, you burst him yanch
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by LeoFish92(m): 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
TundeeednuT:
lol, you burst him yanch

So, you've never heard of coincidences right?

Or, what if I'm still the one that made the same comment on twitter?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Rossikk(m): 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
chrmn1:
Akpeyi
Awaziem Troost-Ekong Balogun Aina
Ndidi Etebo
Chukwueze Iwobi Musa
Ighalo

This should be our starting line up next match

You people should not forget Henry Onyekuru, who is also very dangerous.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by deji17: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2019
Tokziby:
Rohr is just a complete fool, I posted this last year after the Croatia game.
. Imagine if Rohr were to be a Nigerian Coach? Most people would have been shouting hire a Foreign Coach by now or accused the Coach of collecting bribe from Mikel.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by TruthinAction: 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
Neo2011:

That goalkeeper unsettled our defence. He was just scared to be on the pitch.

I don't agree. He was our saviour. We would have lost the match.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Chukazu: 10:32pm On Jun 22, 2019
Samunique:
Burundi was controlling the game?

You are very biased. !!! undecided

Nigeria is not known for high tempo (Ganra Ganra )football , Ghana and Cameroon, and the rest of Africa do that.
Ghana calls themselves Brazil of Africa , Cameroon says they are Germany of Africa , but Nigeria is arguably the only contry in Africa that has it very own brand of football, where we mesmerize and bamboozle the opposition unassumingly.

So seeing super Eagles play at a high tempo , in a high altitude temperature simply means the coach was not able to exact and prevail on the opponent to play on our own terms and that also explains why we struggled

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by evy800(f): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2019
olatilldend:
This Mikel accent is not Nigerian, not English and definitely not Chinese.. . . . grin
Chai...I tot I was the only one Tryon to figure out the accent
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by evy800(f): 11:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
kokan:
Alampasu that is far far better is no where to be found. Nigerian and politics eeeh, even football politics Naa waa

Oga o...let them be politicising everything,thank God they won't labor for failure it's there waiting for them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
kokan:
will there not be trainings for him? We clubs see him do well in his country they will buy him. Since his good, he should have been put online
national team nobe trial ground...ur pick your best on good form simple...thats why ihenacho is not here
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Litmus: 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
Chukazu:

Nigeria is not known for high tempo (Ganra Ganra )football , Ghana and Cameroon, and the rest of Africa do that.
Ghana calls themselves Brazil of Africa , Cameroon says they are Germany of Africa , but Nigeria is arguably the only contry in Africa that has it very own brand of football, where we mesmerize and bamboozle the opposition unassumingly.

So seeing super Eagles play at a high tempo , in a high altitude temperature simply means the coach was not able to exact and prevail on the opponent to play on our own terms and that also explains why we struggled

Thought I was the only one that recognised this. Nigeria has or had a style, it was a sort of deceptively slow one,which combined much clever skills. At any moment, if the opposition become complacent because of the way Nigeria would move the ball slowly, sometimes our players even walking, Nigeria would strike. We'd suddenly speed up, sometimes threading the ball amazingly accurately from midfield, splitting the oppositions defences. We used our brains. I miss those days. I think it was Nigerian fans admiration for Ghanian style of play (full of running around furiously) that resulted in Nigeria loosing its way. Fans kept calling our players lazy and slow and so its no wonder coaches made Nigerian players begin to run around like headless chicken. Even so, one still read Nigerian fans criticising the players for not running fast enough. If we don't stop, our players will soon be lurching around like headless goats much less chickens. Problem with Nigerians is they never recognise the good things they have.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 23, 2019
hoyiilow:
[Chukwueze is the next big thing in African football.

He kept making the Burundians "fall under the anointing with his mesmerising moves. I concur.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 23, 2019
Well, Guinea and Madagascar played out a 2-2 draw. That makes the group a whole lot more interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every / Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.