Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

Open Heaven Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heaven Daily Devotional (546 Views)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 14/09/2017) He Deserves Your Thanks / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(sun. 03/09/2017) Divine Order / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(mon. 28/08/2017) Builders For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 7:51am On Jun 18, 2019
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 18TH JUNE 2019

THEME: IN NEED OF DELIVERANCE?

MEMORISE:

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. Acts 10:38

READ: Luke 4:18-21

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Captivity describes the halted and confined state of an individual, community or nation by an external power. This term also denotes the state of people under the bondage of sin and demonic oppression. Only Jesus Christ has the power to set people free from all forms of captivity. Deliverance happens when a person is rescued from forces of bondage or overwhelming circumstance focuses on captives, prisoners of war, slaves, debtors, suspected criminals, condemned sinners and the oppressed, who are often treated with great cruelty and indignity. Another focus of deliverance is individuals dominated by forces of darkness. Sadly, many people are suffering because they do not know they are in bondage or see that they need deliverance they do not know they are in bondage or see that they need deliverance. Irrespective of the form of deliverance that is needed, the good news is that Jesus Christ was specially anointed for the purpose of setting captives and prisoners free. Isaiah 61:1-3 prophesied it, and we see the manifestation of its fulfilment in today’s Bible reading.

Living in oppression is especially pathetic because it is practically impossible for anyone in this state to make any progress in life or be delivered through self-help. Stagnation, disappointment, failure, fruitlessness, sickness and misfortune are all possible indications that a person needs deliverance. I prophesy to anyone experiencing such evil conditions that you shall be delivered today in Jesus’ Name.

There is hope for your deliverance because there is a powerful Savior and Deliverer who is able and willing to deliver you-His name is Jesus. All power in heaven and on earth belongs to him.

Everyone and everything is subject to his authority; even demons are powerless before Him. Once He speaks, demons obey, and at the mention of His Name, they flee and people are delivered. Once again, I decree in the Name of Jesus, receive deliverance from every form of bondage now! Do you need deliverance? The first step is to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and join a living church. You must then make every effort to avoid self-destructive acts of immorality and sin. Finally, brethren, call upon the Name of Jesus by faith, relying on His word in Romans 10:13, which says:

“ For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Do this and you will begin to enjoy the liberty that Christ gives. Hallelujah!

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please set me free from any evil captivity I am in today, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 18-19
Lamentation 2:19-3:24

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 13: I AM A VICTOR

• Yes, I know I am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror
Much stronger than all my foes

CHORUS
Jesus loves me and I love Him
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By His Blood, His Name, His Word

Stronger than demons I am
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am

Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for
I have life abundantly

Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled

By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed

No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer

Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home

• Jesus loves me and I love Him
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah

• Jesus loves me Halleluyah
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Halleluyah, Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2019
[19/06, 10:16] Pastor Ghana: OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE:
WEDNESDAY 19TH JUNE, 2019.

THEME:
THE SURE ANTIDOTE FOR LACK.

MEMORISE:
The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself. Proverbs 11:25

READ:
Luke 6:27-38

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

The greatest challenges confronting most people all over the world today is how to meet daily financial needs. In many cases, the inability to settle essential bills has led to broken homes, stress, sickness, mental illness and even suicide. Poverty seems to have driven a great number of misguided people into vices like gambling prostitution, gangsterism, drug peddling, human trafficking and other serious illegal activities. However, God is not unmindful of our financial situations and troubles; rather. He is moved by compassion to prosper His obedient children. God’s desire for His children to enjoy all-round prosperity is revealed to us in 3 John 1:2, which says:

“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

I keep telling my children that our Father’s ultimate desire is to see that we are all blessed. God wants us to dwell in His blessings and not live at the mercy of unbelievers. Indeed, the more wealth the Lord releases to us, the more His kingdom on earth will be expanded. Don’t believe those who tell you that you are not supposed to be wealthy as a follower of Christ. This is a false doctrine. God’s word says that you are to lend to nations and not borrow (Deuteronomy 15:6), adding that His blessings make us rich and add no sorrow (Proverbs 10:22). The Bible also says in Psalm 35:27b

“Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.”

However, before you can take possession of your divine wealth, you need to use certain keys that will separate you from poverty and bring you to the realm of unprecedented riches in God. Luke 6:38 tells us that giving is the expressway to prosperity and the antidote to poverty, as it deals with poverty in a way that permanently eliminate lack in a person’s life (2 Corinthians 9:6). Let us some key points here. First and foremost, according to Luke 6:38, giving draws blessings to the giver. Secondly, while we are not expected to be frivolous with money, we must not conserve more than necessary, to the extent that it prevents us from fulfilling our obligations to God or helping the poor and needy. Proverbs 11:24 says:

“There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.”

May God reward you abundantly for your past, present and future labor of love in his vineyard in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to honor You with everything I have, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Numbers 20-21
Lamentation 3:25-60

AUTHOR:
PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 1:
THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS

• There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
• Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

• There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.

• There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.

• There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!

• There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
[21/06, 05:41] Pastor Ghana: OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 20TH JUNE 2019

THEME: MORE THAN CONQUERORS.

MEMORISE:

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:5

READ: Revelation 12:9-11

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

To conquer is to overcome and have dominion over a person, territory or kingdom. It therefore follows that a conqueror or overcomer is someone who has been able to defeat or overpower a person, territory or kingdom to the point of surrender. The word “conqueror” is also a military term which describes a person who has come out victorious from a war or conflict situation. Who then is our adversary? The answer is found in Ephesians 6:12, which says:

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Through this verse we understand that our greatest enemy is the devil and his kingdom. As mere mortals, it is absolutely impossible to consider overcoming the devil in any form of contest. However, we speak of being conquerors on the basis of God’s declaration concerning us in 1 John 4:4, which says that God in us is greater than everyone in the world. Furthermore, we have the confidence to confront our enemies because God’s Spirit assures us in Romans 8:31 that if God is for us, no one can successfully stand against us. Indeed, regardless of the challenges we face in life, we are more than conquerors through the love of Jesus (Romans 8:36-37). Obviously, Jesus is the ultimate conqueror and overcomer. He fought for us, and through His conquest, we are more than conquerors, having obtained victory over the devil without having to fight him.

The Bible records many examples of winners and conquerors, but the greatest of them all is our Lord Jesus Christ. He triumphed over the devil in two spectacular ways that are worthy of mention. Firstly, in Matthew 4:1-11, Jesus faced the devil in a most crucial contest of self-control, knowledge, wisdom and power, but He overcame, giving the devil a technical knockout through the power of God’s word. Secondly, the devil masterminded the unwarranted arrest, orchestrated the sham trial, and inspired the wicked execution of our Lord, not knowing that Christ would totally destroy him through His subsequent death and resurrection (Hebrews 2:14, 1 Corinthians 2:7). Colossians 2:15 says,

“And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”

When Jesus died, he went to hell, where He captured the devil and freed the captives. He paraded the devil and his cohorts in an open show of shame, confirming His supremacy over the kingdom of darkness. No matter how hopeless your situation may be or fierceness of the battle against you, I decree that your enemies will be disgraced and you will be victorious, in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, make my enemies submit themselves to Your presence in my life, and let every gate blocking my progress open unto me of their own accord, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 22

Ezekiel 3:61-4:16

HYMN 13: I AM A VICTOR

For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror
Much stronger than all my foes

CHORUS
Jesus loves me and I love Him
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By His Blood, His Name, His Word

Stronger than demons I am
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am

Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for
I have life abundantly

Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled

By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed

No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer

Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home

• Jesus loves me and I love Him
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah

• Jesus loves me Halleluyah
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Halleluyah, Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2019

DATE: FRIDAY 21ST JUNE 2019

THEME: THE MISSIONARY CALL.

MEMORISE:

When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord. Luke 5:8

READ: Acts 13:1-5

1Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.

4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

5 And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.

Over the years, I have always used every possible opportunity I get to remind my children that soul-winning is not an option for a Christian, it is a necessity. Although God has made provision for the salvation of mankind, the Holy spirit declares in Romans 10:13-15 that sinners may not have access to salvation unless preachers are sent. This highlights the importance of answering the call to missions. The call of God refers to God summoning individuals or groups of people to Himself for the purpose of fellowship and service, both in this world and in eternity. A great example of this is the call of the disciple s by the Master in Mark 3:14, which says:

“And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,”

The call of God may be tied to a specific place, task or vocation in life, and it might also be of a general nature. For example, God called Abraham, Moses and Jeremiah for specific purposes (Genesis 12:1-3, Exodus3:4, Jeremiah 1:5), and after Christ’s successful ministry on earth, He called all His disciples to accomplish the general mission of reaching out to the whole world (Matthew 28:18-20). The primary mandate of the Church is to reach out to all the nations of the earth with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, teaching and baptizing them in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. This is our Great Commission. Referring to our mandate, an author once wrote, “it was a Jew who brought the Gospel to Rome; a Roman who took it to France; a Frenchman who took it to Scandinavia; a Scotsman who evangelized Ireland; and an Irishman that in turn made the missionary conquest of Scotland. No people have every received the Gospel except at the hand of an alien”.

It is critical to note that every member of the Church has an obligation to preach the gospel, because our Lord said in Mark 13:10:

“And the gospel must first be published among all nations.”

Soul winners are not born; they are made out of ordinary individuals who possess a yielded spirit, commitment to do God’s will, compassion for lost souls, and a deep sense of God’s calling. I pray that you will not disappoint God’s grace upon your life, and that you will become an incurable soul winner in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please help me to fulfil my calling as a soul winner in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 23-25
Lamentation 4:17-5:22

HYMN 15: MUST I GO, AND EMPTY-HANDED

1. “Must I go, and empty-handed,”
Thus my dear Redeemer meet?
Not one day of service give Him,
Lay no trophy at His feet?

Chorus:
“Must I go, and empty-handed?”
Must I meet my Savior so?
Not one soul with which to greet Him:
Must I empty-handed go?

2. Not at death I shrink nor falter,
For my Savior saves me now;
But to meet Him empty-handed,
Thought of that now clouds my brow.

Chorus:

3. O the years in sinning wasted;
Could I but recall them now,
I would give them to my Savior,
To His will I’d gladly bow.

Chorus:

4. O ye saints, arouse, be earnest,
Up and work while yet ’tis day;
Ere the night of death o’ertake thee,
Strive for souls while still you may.
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2019

WEDNESDAY 10TH JULY 2019

SIN GIVES A BAD IDENTITY

MEMORISE:
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

READ: Revelations 22:14-15
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

After Cain murdered Abel his brother, a mark was placed on him, which illustrates the bad identity that sin gives. Genesis 4:15 says:

“And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.”

Nobody knows the nature of the mark that was placed on Cain; all we know is that it was meant to identify Cain so that those who met him would not kill him. Some Bible scholars suggest that this mark was given to ensure that Cain did not die cheaply, thereby preventing him from receiving a full does of the penalty of his sin. Irrespective of the nature or purpose of this mark, one thing is certain: Cain’s sin gave him a bad identity on the whole earth.

From today’s memory verse we understand that sin puts the mark of the devil’s ownership upon every sinner. Revelation 22:15 further reveals that in God’s sight, a sinner has the identity of a stray dog. Stray dogs are seen outside and are known to be dirty, promiscuous and aggressive. Sin is so terrible that it deforms the image of a person created in God’s image to the level of a dog! No wonder we see the people of this world manifesting the characteristics of dogs today. It is because their minds have been deformed by sin, so they are just manifesting the nature of the image they now possess in them. Some have even gone so low to indulge in unspeakable acts. Sin really leaves a terrible identity on anyone who yields to its control.

Are you caught in the web of sin? Has sin warped your mind so terribly? Is your life overshadowed by the bad identity given by sin? I have good news for you today: no matter how horrible the identity sin has placed on you is, Jesus Christ can remove it today with His blood. All you need to do is to surrender your life to Him as He calls all people to reconcile with God the Father through genuine repentance. When you do this, He will give you a brand new identity (2 Corinthians 5:17-18). Have you been saved by grace? Never return to your vomit of sin like a dog would (2 Peter 2:21-22). Sin will deform your new identity in Christ and change your standing with God. Is that sinful act really worth that much to you? Can the pleasure you derive from it compare to the joy of your salvation and the hope of glory you have in Christ Jesus? Don’t listen to the devil when he says that it doesn’t matter and that no consequence will follow an act of sin. It’s all a lie! Sin does give a bad identity, so run away from it.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, by the precious Blood of Jesus Christ, please remove every horrible identity of sin from my life and grant me a brand new identity as Your child.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 28
Ezekiel 14:12-15:8

HYMN 6: HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS FOR THE CLEANSING POWER?

• Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?

Refrain
Are you washed in the blood,
In the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb?
Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow?

2. Are you walking daily by the Savior’s side?
Do you rest each moment in the Crucified?
Refrain

3. When the Bridegroom cometh will your robes be white!
Will your soul be ready for His presence bright,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Refrain

4. Lay aside the garments that are stained with sin,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb;
There’s a fountain flowing for the soul unclean,
O be washed in the blood of the Lamb.
Refrain
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2021
*OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*DATE: MONDAY 21ST JUNE 2021*

*THEME: REMEMBER ME, O LORD I*

*MEMORISE:*
For he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant. Psalm 105:42

*READ: Nehemiah 13:13-14*

13 And I made treasurers over the treasuries, Shelemiah the priest, and Zadok the scribe, and of the Levites, Pedaiah: and next to them was Hanan the son of Zaccur, the son of Mattaniah: for they were counted faithful, and their office was to distribute unto their brethren.

14 Remember me, O my God, concerning this, and wipe not out my good deeds that I have done for the house of my God, and for the offices thereof.

When God remembers a positive promise He has made concerning an individual, the fellow is in for a pleasant surprise. Luke 1:73-75 confirms this. In Genesis 8:1, the Lord remembered Noah and every living thing with him in the ark. When God remembers His mercy, He abandons judgement, provided the fellow has genuinely repented (Ezekiel 33:13-16).

Another good thing about this divine remembrance for salvation is that the process is simple. You only need to genuinely turn away from wickedness to godliness. In other words, repent. In Luke 19:8, Zacchaeus demonstrated this, by saying:
*“…Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.”*

Immediately after, Jesus said salvation had come to him and his household. How pleasant would it be, if every unsaved soul reading this devotional today, would cry to Jesus now and say *“Lord remember me for Your salvation”.*

When God remembers the good deeds of an individual, the fellow is in for a celebration. Nehemiah knew this and leveraged on it. He asked God to remember his good deeds of building the broken wall of Jerusalem and repairing the gate that was burnt by the enemies of God’s people. It was the good deeds of Abraham, according to our memory verse of today, that earned his descendants the mercies of the Almighty God. God always remembers the good deeds of His people. (Hebrews 6:10).

Beloved, since God cannot forget the good deeds of His people, it is only wise to start and continue doing good. Nehemiah could only be bold to ask God to remember him for his labor because he had done good deeds concerning the house of God. What will God remember you for: good deeds or acts of wickedness?

*ACTION POINT:*
Begin to perform random acts of kindness to people around you. This would please God and cause Him to remember you.

*BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 1-9.*

*AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE*

*HYMN 18: PASS ME NOT, O GENTLE SAVIOR.*

1. Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

o Refrain:
Savior, Savior,
Hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

2. Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.

3. Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.

4. Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee,
Whom in Heav’n but Thee.
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
Always put the summary at the end nice though

1 Like

Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 8:34am On Jun 22, 2021

*DATE: TUESDAY 22ND JUNE 2021.*

*THEME: REMEMBER ME, O LORD II.*

And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb. Genesis 30:22

*READ: 1 Samuel 1:17-19*

17 Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of him.

18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.

19 And they rose up in the morning early, and worshipped before the LORD, and returned, and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the LORD remembered her.

When we say God always remembers, we do not mean that He forgets things or people. ‘God remembers’ means that He has decided to do something. Our Bible reading for today says God remembered Hannah. God could not have forgotten her because she and her family went to Shiloh every year to worship Him (1 Samuel 1:3). When God remembers an individual in need, his or her problems will become history. Rachel in today’s memory verse had been barren for years. When God remembered her however, she gave birth to the choice son of Jacob- Joseph. When God flooded the earth, Genesis 8:1 says:
*“And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged;”*

Beloved, like Noah and his family came to understand, there are conditions for God’s remembrance. One, you must be godly even among the preserve generations of men. It is said that now, many ‘Christians’ have become ungodly with the excuse that the world is perverted. At the end of time, Noah will be a witness against such people (Matthew 24:37-39). Despite the immoral state of his world, Noah remained godly. No wonder he found grace with God, and was described as a just and perfect man (Genesis 6:8,9). Two, God must see in you the intent to worship Him before He can remember you for good. Our God is a prudent investor (Genesis 8:20-22).

Hannah, in spite of her state of barrenness, was a devout woman who followed her husband in the worship of Jehovah. It was on one of such occasions that God remembered her and gave her a prophetic proclamation through His priest, which came to pass before the next Shiloh programme. For God to remember you, you must be consistent in His worship. The bible says that it is good to worship the Lord (Psalm 92:1).

As you worship the Lord this year, the Almighty will remember you for good in Jesus’ name. As long as you live in holiness you will experience divine remembrance, in the mighty name of Jesus.

*PRAYER POINT:*
Father, remember me today. Lord, please bring to manifestation all Your promises concerning me, in the mighty name of Jesus.

*BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 10-17.*

*HYMN 16: O GOD OUR HELP IN AGES PAST.*

1. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.

2. Under the shadow of Thy throne
Thy saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
And our defense is sure.

3. Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting Thou art God,
To endless years the same.

4. Thy Word commands our flesh to dust,
“Return, ye sons of men”:
All nations rose from earth at first,
And turn to earth again.

5. A thousand ages in Thy sight
Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.

6. The busy tribes of flesh and blood,
With all their lives and cares,
Are carried downwards by the flood,
And lost in foll’wing years.

7. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Bears all its sons away;
They fly, forgotten, as a dream
Dies at the op’ning day.

8. Like flow’ry fields the nations stand
Pleased with the morning light;
The flow’rs beneath the mower’s hand
Lie with’ring ere ’tis night.

9. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Be Thou our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home.
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 9:50am On Jun 23, 2021

*DATE: WEDNESDAY 23RD JUNE 2021*

*THEME: THE NAME OF THE LORD*

Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 124:8

*READ: Philippians 2:9-11*

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

When we call on the name of the Lord, we remind Him of what He has done in the past, which He is capable of doing over and over again. At such when we call Him by the name that is associated with some specific wonderous deed of His, He is moved to repeat what He did initially and in a greater dimension. Each name of the Lord describes some of His attributes and what He is capable of doing among the children of men. For example, the Lord’s name-Jehovah-Nissi- meaning the Lord is my banner (as in a war) speaks to the words *“hath sworn that the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation”* (Exodus 17:16). When you are confronted with a need that only God can meet and you call Him by His name- Jehovah-Jireh, you are reminding Him of His miraculous provision of a ram according to Genesis 22:13-14.

When you call on the name of Jesus Christ in faith, you get miracles. This is because the name of Jesus Christ has been highly exalted, according to today’s text.

For example, the Almighty God sent an angel to announce to Joseph what name the miraculous child should bear- that is, Jesus, and gave the reason for it.
For he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21

The greatest thing the name of the Lord Jesus Christ does to humanity is the work of salvation. The Bible says:
*“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”* Acts 4:12

The name of the Lord is a strong tower, it is a shield and a sure defense against demonic attack. When someone is genuinely associated with the name of the Lord, the fellow will live a victorious life without limitation. The Bible also says:
*“And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;”* Mark 16:17

Every knee bows and every tongue confesses that Jesus is Lord (Romans 14:11). This is the reason those who are genuinely saved cannot be attacked successfully by demons. My prayer is that as many as are reading this devotional today are delivered from all forms of demonic oppression in the name of Jesus Christ. However, whoever wants that name to work for him or her must surrender to the Lordship of the Owner of the name.

Father, let every evil knee and tongue bow to the Lordship of Jesus Christ concerning my life, home, work and business in Jesus’ name.

*BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 18-22.*

*HYMN 1: ALL HAIL THE POWER OF JESUS NAME.*

1. All hail the pow’r of Jesus’ Name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem,
And crown Him Lord of all!

2. Ye chosen seed of Israel’s race,
Ye ransomed from the fall,
Hail Him Who saves you by His grace,

3. Let every kindred, every tribe,
On this terrestrial ball,
To Him all majesty ascribe,

4. Oh, that with yonder sacred throng
We at His feet may fall!
We’ll join the everlasting song,
And crown Him Lord of all.
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 9:10am On Jun 24, 2021

DATE: THURSDAY 24TH JUNE 2021.

THEME: MY PEACE I LEAVE WITH YOU.

MEMORISE:
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

READ: John 14:27
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Nothing tangible can be achieved in a chaotic atmosphere, organization, family or mind. This is why peace is very important. There are factors that can guarantee peace in the life of an individual, particularly a child of God. The first is genuine salvation. Sin brought about the trouble that man encountered right from the Garden of Eden. Proverbs 28:1 says:
“The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.”

Thus, whoever desires peace must seek the Author of salvation, Jesus Christ. We see this in our memory verse for today, as well as in Matthew 11:28, in which Jesus says:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

Apart from being born again (John 3:3,5), we must learn the ways of the Lord. He said that we should take His yoke of meekness upon ourselves and learn it through Him. Another thing we must learn is contentment, 1 Timothy 6:6says godliness with contentment is great gain. Many people lack peace because they are not content with what they have. It is unfortunate that many so-called children of God are guilty of this; they dabble in some ungodly acts just to gain the material things of this world. Believers must beware! As good as wealth is, it does not satisfy.
Ecclesiastes 5:10 says:
“He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.”

We can obtain contentment by simply enjoying the blessings of God as they come and giving glory to Him for them (Ecclesiastes 5:18-20; Psalm 103:1-5). Philippians 4:5-6 cautions believers thus:
“Let your moderation be known unto all men……. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”

In this Scripture, we see other factors necessary to obtain peace. You have to be moderate in your lifestyle, without being anxious for anything. You must also learn to cast your cares upon God because He is more than able to take them up for you.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, let Your peace that passes all understanding rule my heart from today, in the mighty name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 23-30.

HYMN 27: WE ARE NEVER NEVER WEARY OF THE GRAND OLD SONG.
1. We are never, never weary of the grand old song;
Glory to God, Hallelujah;
We can sing it loud as ever, with our faith more strong;
Glory to God, Hallelujah!

Refrain:
O, the children of the Lord have a right to shout and sing,
For the way is growing bright, and our souls are on the wing;
We are going by and by to the palace of the King!

2. We are lost amid the rapture of redeeming love
We are rising on its pinions to the hills above;

3. We are going to a palace that is built of gold;
Where the King in all His splendour we shall soon behold;

4. There we'll shout redeeming mercy in a glad, new song,
There we'll sing the praise of Jesus with the blood-washed throng,
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2021

DATE: MONDAY 28TH JUNE 2021.

THEME: HEARTITUDE

MEMORISE:

And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, Luke 17:15

READ: Luke 17:15-19.
15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,

16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.

17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?

18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.

19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

Our title is a coinage of the words ‘heart’ and ‘gratitude’ meaning a heart of gratitude. God can perform miracles in the life of anybody; all He demands is gratitude thereafter. Anyone who lacks gratitude will ultimately miss everything good in life, and may not be blessed again. We see this in the story of the ten lepers Jesus healed in our Bible reading for today. Jesus asked:
“….Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.”

Although Jesus healed ten lepers, it was the one who returned to testify that was made whole. While the attitude of the other nine couldn’t take them beyond their healing, the one who returned to give thanks got not just healing but wholeness. Jesus certified him as permanently healed. You too can receive perfect miracles if you show gratitude to the one and only miracle worker- Jesus Christ.

Some wise children of God even give promissory gratitude by vowing to do one thing or the other in anticipation of their miracles and it works for them. Hannah is a good example; she promised God that if He would give her a male child, she would gratefully dedicate him to God. In the end, she got more than she asked for- six children in all (1 Samuel 2:21).

This is the direct opposite of a so-called Christian who God blessed with a big business opportunity, then picked offense when a man of God suggested that He should thank God. He eventually lost the opportunity. You must cultivate the habit of worshipping God for who He is, thank Him for what He has done in the past, in anticipation of what He will continue to do. He is Jehovah El-Shaddai- the God who is more than enough for all situations. Never trivialize even the miracle of sleeping and waking, among others. You will be more thankful when you see people who cannot ease themselves without medical aid.

When you are grateful to God, you will receive even more blessings of the One from whom all blessings flow. The best way of saying thank you to God for His provision is by giving your life to Christ. You can also show gratitude by paying your tithes consistently (Malachi 3:10). As you do, the Lord will bless you mightily in Jesus name.

PRAYER POINT:
Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name (Psalm 103:1).

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Nehemiah 4-6.

HYMN 19: PRAISE HIM, PRAISE HIM, JESUS OUR BLESSED REDEEMER.

1. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
Sing, O Earth, His wonderful love proclaim!
Hail Him! Hail Him! Highest archangels in glory;
Strength and honor give to His holy Name!
Like a shepherd, Jesus will guard His children,
In His arms He carries them all day long.

o Refrain:
Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of His excellent greatness;
Praise Him! Praise Him! Ever in joyful song!

2. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
For our sins He suffered, and bled, and died.
He our Rock, our hope of eternal salvation,
Hail Him! Hail Him! Jesus the Crucified.
Sound His praises! Jesus who bore our sorrows,
Love unbounded, wonderful, deep and strong.

3. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
Heav’nly portals loud with hosannas ring!
Jesus, Savior, reigneth forever and ever;
Crown Him! Crown Him! Prophet, and Priest, and King!
Christ is coming! over the world victorious,
Pow’r and glory unto the Lord belong.
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 8:24am On Jun 30, 2021

*DATE: WEDNESDAY 30TH JUNE 2021.*

*THEME: MATERIAL PROSPERITY IS UNRELIABLE.*

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36

*READ: Revelation 3:14-19.*

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Many times in the Scripture, Jesus warns believers against the lust of the world. As Christians, we are enjoined to set our affections on heavenly things so that we would not be drawn into covetousness. Our memory verse today poses a great question that every believer must reflect on.

Beloved, whet is your spiritual state today? In today’s Bible reading, our Lord accused the Church in Laodicea of being lukewarm; they were neither hot nor cold. What could have been carried away by their material prosperity. Unfortunately, the Church today is just like the one in Laodicea; services have now become jamborees and we have ministers who are not genuine. Jesus described the Church in revelation 3:17 as *“…. wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:”* This tells us one thing: if not properly managed, material prosperity could be very dangerous.

It may be easier for a person to fast when he barely has something to eat, than when his or her kitchen is loaded with all sorts of food. I remember many years ago when my meal was one finger of plantain per day. In those days if I dared eat two in a day, I would have to fast the following day. It takes the grace of God and strong determination to fast when your storehouse is full of assorted food. In the same vein, it may not take a long time for a woman to dress up for Church service on Sunday morning when all she has is just two pairs of shoes. However, when she has to choose matching shoes among many pairs, she may end up struggling to get to church on time. If King Solomon could ask God to take away the vanity of riches from him, how much more should we (Proverbs 30:7-9).

God called on Adam after he had sold himself to Satan and the three main temptations in history- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. He responded by saying he was hiding because he realized that he was naked. He was right: riches without God is spiritual unclothedness. Beloved, don’t be deceived. Only Jesus Christ can satisfy; nothing else can- not even the possession of the whole world.

Father, please set me on fire for You so that I may remain hot even until Your second coming.

*BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Nehemiah 9-10.*

*HYMN 11: I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR.*

1. I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

o Refrain:
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

2. I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their pow’r when Thou art nigh.

3. I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.

4. I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.

5. I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2021

DATE: THURSDAY 1ST JULY 2021.

THEME: THE BREAD OF LIFE INDEED.

MEMORISE:

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:54

READ: Mark 14:22-24.

22 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

23 And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.

24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Jesus offered His body to His disciples and by extension to us His present-day apostles. An invitation to a Holy Communion Service is an invitation to come and partake in the life of the Life-Giver. The body of Jesus was broken for us and so, when we partake in the Lord’s Super, we are eating Jesus’ body which is meat indeed (John 6:48-50). Whoever eats His body has eternal life.

The significance of the Lord’s Supper resides in its value. The value of a meal is determined by how much you put into it. To give us the Lord’s Supper, Jesus Christ had to pay a great price by shedding His blood on the cross. The Lord cannot pay such a great price only for us to remain in the congregation of the dead. After so great a price has been paid for such a meal, we must reap the benefits of life to its fullest. Jesus said:
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10

The Holy Communion meal positively affects our body, soul and spirit. When you partake in the life-giving meal comprising the broken body of Jesus Christ, value is added to your life. No matter how empty or meaningless life may have seemed, partaking of the Holy Communion meal gives you new life- ensuring that you can have a better life, go further and achieve greater things.

To access the benefits of Holy Communion Meal however, you must first accept and acknowledge Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then begin to live by the commandments of the One who paid the supreme price for the salvation of your soul.

You must however be careful not to partake of this meal unworthily (1 Corinthians 11:27-29), as doing so would bring condemnation. This is why many are weak and sickly in the congregation. In order not to partake of the meal unworthy, you must do a self-examination and ensure that you do not have a lifestyle of sexual immorality and other sins.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let the broken body and the blood of Jesus Christ, avail for me in all areas of my life in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Nehemiah 11-12.

HYMN 29: WHAT CAN WASH AWAY MY STAIN.
1. What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

o Refrain:
Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,

2. For my pardon, this I see,
For my cleansing this my plea,

3. Nothing can for sin atone,
Naught of good that I have done,

4. This is all my hope and peace,
This is all my righteousness,

5. Now by this I’ll overcome—
Now by this I’ll reach my home—

6. Glory! Glory! This I sing—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
All my praise for this I bring—
Re: Open Heaven Daily Devotional by greatstephenho(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2021
*OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.*

*DATE: FRIDAY 2ND JULY, 2021.*

*THEME: OCCUPY UNTIL HE RETURNS.*

“And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.”
(Luke 19:13)

*READ: Joshua 13:1-6 (KJV)*

1. Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed.

2. From Sihor, which is before Egypt, even unto the borders of Ekron northward, which is counted to the Canaanite; five lords of the Philistines; the Gazathites, and the Ashdothites, the Eshkalonites, the Gittites, and the Ekronites; also the Avites;

3. From the south, all the land of the Canaanites, and Mearah that is beside the Sidonians, unto Aphek, to the borders of the Amorites;

4. And the land of the Giblites, and all Lebanon, toward the sunrising, from Baalgad under mount Hermon unto the entering into Hamath.

5. All the inhabitants of the hill country from Lebanon unto Misrephothmaim, and all the Sidonians, them will I drive out from before the children of Israel;

6. only divide thou it by lot unto the Israelites for an inheritance, as I have commanded thee.

Jesus’ parable in the memory verse of today was directed to the disciples who He was preparing for the Great Commission in Mark 16:15-16. They were to occupy until His return.

Sometimes, we think the word ‘occupy’ means ‘to keep busy’ alone; it is more than that. We must not keep ourselves ‘busy’ doing nothing substantial.

To understand the important of Christ’s command in Luke 19:13, we must look at the Bible reading of today.

The Lord assessed the occupation of the Promised Land under Joshua’s leadership as below His expectation. This should be food for thought for the Church today.

Joshua 13:1 says:

Now Joshua was old and sricken in years; and the Lord said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed.

Joshua became old and did not have the required energy to lead the battle against the inhabitants of the land which God had given to the children of Israel.

In the same vein, when Jesus Christ said that we should go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature, He was actually saying that we should occupy the land so as to establish His reign on earth. It is beyond keeping ourselves busy just for the sake of it.

The questions now are “Are we really occupying while awaiting Jesus’ second coming?” “Can we say we are occupying both the geographical and spiritual landscape and atmosphere of the world?” “What can we show for all the millions we are spending on missions and evangelistic efforts?” “Have we paused our efforts to occupy the nooks and crannies of the kingdoms of this world like the disciples of old?” We must always remember that our mandate is to make disciples of all nations.

Beloved, we must not lose ground any more. As a matter of fact, we must recover the grounds we have lost.

We must summon courage to go after the enemy and recover the kingdoms that once belonged to the Church and the cathedrals that have been turned to dens of sin.

Christian nations that have become secular must be revived and brought back to the light of the gospel of the Son of the Living God. May the Lord help us.

*ACTION POINT:*
You must be active in spreading the gospel to the whole world and win back institutions and nations for the Lord our God.

*AUTHOR: PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE.*

*BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:*
Nehemiah 13

*HYMN 8: HO! MY COMRADES, SEE THE SIGNAL*

Ho! my comrades! see the signal,
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing,
Victory in nigh!

REFRAIN:
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,”
Jesus signals still,
Wave the answer back to heaven,
“By Thy grace we will.”

See the mighty host advancing,
Satan leading on;
Mighty men around us falling,
Courage almost gone.
See the glorious banner waving,
Hear the trumpet blow;
In our Leader’s Name we triumph
Over every foe.

Fierce and long the battle rages,
But our help is near;
Onward comes our great commander,
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!

(1) (Reply)

Cute Photos Of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And His Family On Vacation / According To The Law, Did He Steal From Me ?(pictures Proof) / Keep Seeking And Learning About God, And Eventually He Will Reveal Himself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.