Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo (12955 Views)

Rufai Oseni Builds Library And Development Center In His Village In Ogun / Emeka Offor Visits His Village With Heavy Security Personnel / Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by sarrki(m): 4:19am On Jun 19, 2019
THIS MAN WHOSE PICTURE YOU ARE LOOKING AT IS THE GREATEST IGBO MAN ALIVE TODAY. His name is Dr Godwin Maduka, a United States based medical practitioner. On one of his visits to his village, he took a look around and wasn't happy with what he saw and now took it upon himself to singlehandedly transform his community

These are some of his accomplished and ongoing projects.
1, he built two churches, one for the Catholic and Anglican.
2, he built Trinity hospital and maternity which is a 17 story skyscraper.
3, he built over 100 standard bungalows for the poor and the widow.
4, he built immaculate conception international college, 1 and 2, with buses donated to them.
5, he built a police station for maintenance of peace and security.
6, he built a magistrate court.
7, he built a standard market called affor, for the community.
8, built barracks for the civil defense staffs.
9, built two monasteries for churches.
10, built a Civic center for the community.
11, built a post office.
12, built a state highcourt.
13, he provided transformers to boost electricity in the village.
14, built mighty edifices for primary and secondary schools.
15, built a befitting palace for the monarch of his village.
16, built houses for the clerics of the Catholic and Anglican Churches.
17, he built a five star hotel known as " Lion of Africa resort".
This is apart from sponsoring of students and helping many to secure good jobs.

And I dare ask, who do you think his community will think about after Jesus Christ if the person does all these for them?

the truth remains nothing but the truth.
The late Dike di ora nma of Igbo land and Ikemba Nnewi, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu shouted himself hoarse, telling ndi Igbo this same truth of thinking home first because you cannot attract any local or foreign investment if you leave your own area to be a forest while you turn other rough and tough terrain all over Nigeria and beyond into El Dorado. It simply turns logic upside down.

Back in the late forties, the Yoruba elite met with the sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo to complain that this outsiders from across the niger were buying up and developing lands all over the place and sought to stop them. The wise Awolowo simply told his people not to mnd them. That all is well.

And yes, all is now well for the Yoruba, today. The can easily afford to carry placards and tell ndi Igbo to go home. Same story in Kano, Abuja, Ibadan, kaduna and portharcourt.

NDI IGBO CAN'T WE THINK?

WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR WORLDVIEW OF " AKU RUE ULO"? Abi dem do us?
You buy up exotic buildings all over Nigeria and beyond while your village is like an evil forest, yet when you die, your carcass will be brought to be buried there. Can you imagine what the dignitaries that accompanied your corpse to your forest you call village will be saying after the burial? Not too hard to imagine!
They say Diamonds last forever but it's apparent that Dr Godwin Maduka will last more than any diamond in the minds of the people in his community and ndi Igbo in general.
Kudos to this worthy son and it's not as if he is even the richest Igbo man. No way! We have plenty of them but their brains are not with them.

AKU UNU RUE ULO so that our people are directly empowered. Let's not forget like this honourable doctor, na obu aka mere ohia ya awoo uzo.

Need I add here that he has singlehandedly achieved what some state governments in the south east could not, ever since this democracy came to be in 1999.

The pictures are courtesy of our very own ambassador, Bianca Odumegwu Ojukwu.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by sarrki(m): 4:22am On Jun 19, 2019
This is what I expected the onikuje Of Luke land to do

Not even a single borehole

N some people call him savior

The only thing he’s good at is defrauding innocent people

Also doing mojo short clips

Nnamdi Kanu is a fraudster

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by sarrki(m): 4:33am On Jun 19, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu is at same level with herdsmen

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by emamos: 4:35am On Jun 19, 2019
God bless him more

1 Like

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by Nobody: 4:42am On Jun 19, 2019
An American based medical practitioner indeed.

Them the pluck money from tree for America?

What is the annual income of a doctor or nurse or etc to afford doing all these things listed above.

undecided undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by Amhappy(f): 4:50am On Jun 19, 2019
This man is a blessing.

7 Likes

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by majamajic(m): 4:51am On Jun 19, 2019
faceURfront:

What is the annual income of a doctor or nurse or etc to afford doing all these things listed above.

undecided undecided

he is not ordinary doctor , he is working with UN and American government in terms of raw materials to produce medicine, I have been to the village myself, I have that 17 storey building pic on my phone now sef, it's blue in color, u need go there to see, he tared the whole town, I saw the high Court and houses he built for Catholic monks, I saw about 100 units of flat he gave out to people of the town, solar powered electricity, after about 2 hours driving round I decided to go, the village is UMUCHUKWU , in Anambra state just before u enter isuochi abia state, near umunze. he bought the lands from his village people to build what will benefit them, he paid for every piece of land to build hospitals and churches , Nigerians don't know him but he is brain behind medical products under UN and USA, he is a big shot !! ,

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by johnmartus(m): 4:52am On Jun 19, 2019
If this news real then nobody was greater than the man mind you not only among igbo people but in Africa both living and dead one. . This man is greater than Dangote, Adenuga,Author Eze. Last time the president talked about elites how they neglected poor but some people abuse and cursed him Because of the statement. Some people even said he was trying to avoid his responsibility. If those bastard billionaires can emulate maduka nobody will take government serious.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by johnmartus(m): 4:54am On Jun 19, 2019
What's your business in where he got the money from.
faceURfront:

undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by budaatum: 5:06am On Jun 19, 2019
By the labor of hands are great paths cut in forests.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by sarrki(m): 5:10am On Jun 19, 2019
faceURfront:

undecided undecided

Not everyone is a criminal or indulged in fraudulent activities

12 Likes

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by mrvitalis(m): 5:13am On Jun 19, 2019
johnmartus:
If this news real then nobody was greater than the man mind you not only among igbo people but in Africa both living and dead one. . This man is greater than Dangote, Adenuga,Author Eze. Last time the president talked about elites how they neglected poor but some people abuse and cursed him Because of the statement. Some people even said he was trying to avoid his responsibility. If those bastard billionaires can emulate maduka nobody will take government serious.

The number of people author eze has made millionaires would shock u ...webhave different people doing this on differrnet level in igbo land

From the unknown chief who has trained and settled at least 7 boys to people like this

Do i think if igbo land depends on government we would he better than the north ?
98% of anything u see in igbo land is private driven

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by johnmartus(m): 5:25am On Jun 19, 2019
Where is Author Eze village? Can a commoner get access to him just like maduka that provided social amenities for his people? Author eze can only make his family friends and workers millionaires. And same thing goes to Adenuga and Dangote.
mrvitalis:

The number of people author eze has made millionaires would shock u ...webhave different people doing this on differrnet level in igbo land

From the unknown chief who has trained and settled at least 7 boys to people like this

Do i think if igbo land depends on government we would he better than the north ?
98% of anything u see in igbo land is private driven

4 Likes

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by mrvitalis(m): 5:28am On Jun 19, 2019
johnmartus:
Where is Author Eze village? Can a commoner get access to him just like maduka that provided social amenities for his people? Author eze can only make his family friends and workers millionaires. And same thing goes to Adenuga and Dangote.

Go to his village and say this if they wont stone u to death

The money author shares in a month ,no need to even talk to u self

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by BigIyanga: 5:34am On Jun 19, 2019
faceURfront:

undecided undecided
Everybody is not thick-skulled like you. He owns one of the largest pain institutes in the state of Nevada..
https://lasvegaspaininstitutes.com/godwin-maduka-md-pharmd/
He has six locations in Nevada. he’s an anesthesiologist and pharmacist

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by johnmartus(m): 5:38am On Jun 19, 2019
I just see the level of your understanding so there is no sense in arguing with you .
mrvitalis:

Go to his village and say this if they wont stone u to death

The money author shares in a month ,no need to even talk to u self

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by contigiency(m): 5:39am On Jun 19, 2019
I have every reason to doubt this information because they bring up this news every year with the same pictures and the same details. I first read about this 2 years ago and at that time, someone was also questioning why the news with the same information was still being paraded after many years as at that time.

2 Likes

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by mrvitalis(m): 5:40am On Jun 19, 2019
johnmartus:
I just see the level of your understanding so there is no sense in arguing with you .
U have no idea what u are talking about do research then come back
Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by BeautifulMind2: 5:45am On Jun 19, 2019
contigiency:
I have every reason to doubt this information because they bring up this news every year with the same pictures and the same details. I first read about this 2 years ago and at that time, someone was also questioning why the news with the same information was still being paraded after many years as at that time.
His hospital at Umuchukwu

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by BeautifulMind2: 5:46am On Jun 19, 2019
contigiency:
Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by helinues: 5:50am On Jun 19, 2019
God bless him abundantly

1 Like

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by BeautifulMind2: 5:51am On Jun 19, 2019
contigiency:
He is not a politician, what ever Op listed on what he did for his people are facts , below is high Court he built in his home town has been commissioned and operational

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by BeautifulMind2: 5:59am On Jun 19, 2019
faceURfront:

undecided undecided

Godwin Maduka is more than a good doctor. He’s a good businessman as well. He founded the Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Center in 1999 and has seen it expand to a total of six locations throughout Southern Nevada. Each facility is a one-stop destination for a wide array of medical services, including primary care, preventative care, urgent care, radiology, lab work, and even surgery. “ The product we have benefits everybody, regardless of social class,” says Maduka. “It’s helping people.”

The business growth has been dramatic for the doctor, but his journey began on the other side of the world, in Africa. Maduka was born in Nkerehi (later renamed Umuchukwu), a tiny village in Nigeria. He is now its favorite son, after heavily investing his own fortune to reimagine it from the ground up. His projects include homes, apartments, government buildings, classrooms, churches, police stations, a hospital, a gas station, and perhaps most impressive of all, a 17-story building designed for medical research. Maduka also worked with the government to help bring clean water, electricity, and roads to his people.

The story represents an amazing turn of events when looking back on Maduka’s childhood. His family had little money but there was one important factor working in his favor. “I was given a gift,” he says. “Academic brilliance.”

From kindergarten through high school, Maduka was always first in his class. “Almost a 4.0 GPA all throughout,” he adds, while noting he traveled outside his village to pursue his education. He adored his father, an herbalist who was able to heal patients with roots and other forms of natural medicine. When his father passed away, Maduka made an important promise: “I said ‘Dad, I’m going to be a pharmacist and I’m going to be a medical doctor. I’m going to make you proud.’”

He blew through an entrance exam and was accepted to the University of Port Harcourt School of Medicine, about 150 miles away. “But there was nobody to train me,” Maduka remembers. With few options at home, he started thinking about opportunities in the United States when a friend gave him a scholarship form for Rust College in Mississippi.

Maduka was accepted but the scholarship only covered about half his expenses. Fortunately, his younger brother, who had moved to the Nigerian capital city of Abuja, was able to help cover the rest with money made from auto repair work. “He said, ‘Don’t worry. You’re the smart one. Here’s the money. Maybe the family can now have a chance in life.’”

After receiving a little more financial help from an uncle in the air force, Maduka made his way to the United States in 1982. With the pressure on, he graduated summa cum laude in chemistry in a year-and-a-half instead of four - before the money ran out. That led to a scholarship at the Mercer University School of Pharmacy in Atlanta. “I did what I could to sustain myself,” he remembers. “I worked as a security guard. I washed plates in restaurants.”

He earned his Doctor of Pharmacy, found work as a pharmacy technician and was weighing options for medical school when he received a call from the University of Tennessee in Memphis - a school he hadn’t even applied to. Maduka says the university was heavily recruiting minorities following accusations of discrimination and offered him a full scholarship. “Room, board, books, tuition, everything,” he says.

After receiving his Doctor of Medicine, Maduka’s toughest test came in Boston at Harvard Medical School, where he studied anesthesiology, critical care and pain management. “I took the board and passed it with flying colors,” he remembers about earning his medical license. “Written and oral, even with my accent.”

Finally done with school, Maduka relocated to Las Vegas in 1997, based on a recommendation from a classmate. He received a job with Dr. Eugene Chen, was given $8,000 as an advance payment, and found himself working as an anesthesiologist at UMC, Desert Springs, Sunrise and other hospitals throughout the valley.

After a few challenging years, Maduka wanted to expand his scope to cover pain treatment. The first step was starting his own practice in about 700 square feet of empty space at the Red Rock Medical Group. “I had one exam room, one office and one toilet. That’s it,” he remembers. Maduka started marketing himself and business exploded.

By 1999, he was seeing so many patients, it made sense to find a place of his own. He aimed high and took a bank loan to purchase the commercial space near Jones and Flamingo that would become the first Las Vegas Pain Institute. His vision was to have a clinic for himself and then lease the rest of the space out to other medical professionals. He paid the loan off in less than two years and soon the entire building was operating under his umbrella. Despite the challenge of the Great Recession, Maduka was able to open a second location in Henderson. Over the following years, the Las Vegas Pain Institute expanded to the northwest near Centennial, northeast near Nellis Air Force Base and on Sahara near the Strip. A southwest location on Blue Diamond will celebrate its grand opening by the end of 2017.

“There is no other medical center like this,” says Maduka. “We started as a pain management center but after many years, we realized we had to do more for our patients.”

With a depth of services, the Las Vegas Pain Institute offers convenience, often serving as an emergency room alternative for non-critical patients. Maduka says each facility is strategically located near a major hospital to make sure every patient has quick access to whatever care is needed. “We’ll treat you in-house or find you the appropriate specialist,” he says.

Maduka’s new approach even carries over to wearing a business suit instead of a traditional white coat. But the most important factor is offering each patient understanding and empathy. “You can be the best businessman, but if you generally care for folks and have a passion for what you do, it shows,” he points out. “This is a business of healing. This is a business of making people feel better.”

Maduka continues to visit Nigeria about once a year. Despite the improvements made to his native village, there have been plenty of struggles and challenges along the way. The majority of the people are Christian but Maduka says he’s faced resistance from those who don’t understand his vision, including a small Pagan population who perform animal sacrifices in a public stream and follow outdated concepts. “When twins are born, they kill them because they say people shouldn’t be born in multiples of twos. If you have a headache, they say you’re a victim of witchcraft when you might actually be suffering from malaria. This is the kind of stuff we’re fighting.”

The doctor says he’s been the victim of slander and falsely tied to criminal acts by vigilantes. Those allegations were dismissed by Nigerian police following an in-depth investigation. “They accuse me of all kinds of stuff,” he says. “There’s no connection.”

Whether it’s in Nigeria or the United States, Maduka has a valuable role to play in continuing to help others. “I’m here for a purpose. What happened to me, doesn’t happen often,” he says. “From the jungle to Harvard... how often do you see that happen?”

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by muzically(m): 6:04am On Jun 19, 2019
God bless me! I would do more

2 Likes

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by BeautifulMind2: 6:28am On Jun 19, 2019
Many rich men in Anambra are doing a lot to transform their towns

Obijackson
Sir Emeka Offor
Arthur Eze
Innoson
Chicason
Chisco
Tonimas
another Godwin Ezemo of Umuchu the town is different from Umuchukwu
Ifeanyi Ubah and many others, it's very common here

Below is what Godwin Ezemo built in his home town

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 19, 2019
majamajic:

he is not ordinary doctor , he is working with UN and American government in terms of raw materials to produce medicine, I have been to the village myself, I have that 17 storey building pic on my phone now sef, it's blue in color, u need go there to see, he tared the whole town, I saw the high Court and houses he built for Catholic monks, I saw about 100 units of flat he gave out to people of the town, solar powered electricity, after about 2 hours driving round I decided to go, the village is UMUCHUKWU , in Anambra state just before u enter isuochi abia state, near umunze. he bought the lands from his village people to build what will benefit them, he paid for every piece of land to build hospitals and churches , Nigerians don't know him but he is brain behind medical products under UN and USA, he is a big shot !! ,

Then the title of the thread is wrong.

Better still, a brief profile of the man would have sufficed ...which one is medical practitioner.
Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by kingzizzy: 6:36am On Jun 19, 2019
The man wants to singlehandedly turn his village into Dubai

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by majamajic(m): 6:39am On Jun 19, 2019
faceURfront:

Then the title of the thread is wrong.

Better still, a brief profile of the man would have sufficed ...which one is medical practitioner.

he practice medicines
Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 19, 2019
majamajic:

he practice medicines

Ehen, how many people who practice medicine can do what he has done? None. Cumulatively, those projects are worth billions.

My point is, without adding his profile to the fact that he practices medicine is misleading

1 Like

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by majamajic(m): 6:42am On Jun 19, 2019
BeautifulMind2:
Many rich men in Anambra are doing a lot to transform their towns

Obijackson
Sir Emeka Offor
Arthur Eze
Innoson
Chicason
Chisco
Tonimas
another Godwin Ezemo of Umuchu the town is Umuchukwu
Ifeanyi Ubah and many others, it's very common here

Below is what Godwin Ezemo built in his home town

UMUCHUKWU is different from umuchu , Godwin ezeimo I have been to his Porters in umuchu , and his Honeywell hotel in umuchu too, have a drink the pool side of the Porters , Anambra villages are fast improving , guys are bringing money home.

12 Likes

Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by BeautifulMind2: 6:44am On Jun 19, 2019
majamajic:

UMUCHUKWU is different from umuchu , Godwin ezeimo I have been to his Porters in umuchu , and his hotel in umuchu too
I know, read my post
Re: Maduka An American Based Medical Practitioner Transformed His Village-photo by kettykin: 6:46am On Jun 19, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

His hospital at Umuchukwu

The East sef , is it Rolls Royce i am seeing packed ordinarily as if it is keke.

20 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu Denies Tochukwu Okeke's Appointment As SSA To Governor On Secu­rity / National Assembly Members, Others Are Targets Of Kidnapping, Assassination - DSS / Senate Reveals Mtn’s N300bn Proposal As Settlement For Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.