Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot (27178 Views)

Tite steps down As Brazil Coach after World Cup Exit / World Cup Qualifier Ends As Brazil Try To Deport 4 Argentine Players Mid-Match / 'I Want Argentina' - Neymar, As Brazil Goes Through To 2021 Copa América Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by Aystarz: 11:04am On Jun 19, 2019
Eastlink:
Scotland and Argentina must end in a draw to kill off the best loser chances of Group D. If Scotland wins Argentina, then they will qualify by virtue of their fair play and less booking record. A single goal by the Scots will tally the -2 goal of the Super Falcons, so fair play will count at the end.
The same scenario will play in Group E with Cameroon vs New Zealand, where a victorious teams books the fourth best loser spot.
So the best chance of the Super Falcons is that both matches between Argentina vs Scotland on one hand and that of Cameroon vs New Zealand should end in a draw.
Also we should hope Chile doesn't defeat Thailand by a 3 goal margin.
My take.

I can wager neither of those games would end in a draw. And Thailand? Chile would wipe the floor with that ragtag excuse of a women's team.

Dennerby had no business losing that game to France, VAR, the referee or whatever excuses we're making for him. 79minutes of intense pressure and he couldn't switch things!!! Inept managers - he and Rohr.

3 Likes

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by IamPatriotic(m): 11:04am On Jun 19, 2019
seyoops4u:
quote me later, they'll still scale through

Let me quote you now smiley smiley smiley...you they may go through, depending on the Chileans game with the weeping ladies of the tourney Thailand, Chile may beat them 5 nil or more and that will end their (Falcon's) aspiration in the tourney
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by nepapole(m): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2019
blowjohn:

Oga go check BBC sports.
When the second penalty was taken, the French players, about 3 of them had encroached into the box 18 .
But the VAR didn't pick that up.
Ok...my bad... Dint notice that . I only wanted to make 1 thing clear which is the fact that the girls dint even deserve to have a point in that match. They were woeful.
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by nepapole(m): 11:08am On Jun 19, 2019
hardbody:

You are an aspiring data analyst abi, at this rate pray you qualify as one. Your analytical skills are very questionable. Argue with your keyboard please.
Ok, Mr perfect...
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by shevchenko(m): 11:14am On Jun 19, 2019
Watch the penalty France vs Norway
The keeper was off the line

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by tiwiex(m): 11:18am On Jun 19, 2019
ReubenE:
It is always if they do that, and this other do this....then they will qualify.

How come our teams are not always part of those that are suppose to do a certain thing for others to qualify??

I know Super Eagles in AFCON 2019 will repeat this same process

Isn't that fun. Makes us more interesting and dramatic. Imagine still discussing your possibility when others have to play? E be like say na u dey play those matches. For us, this round is the whole world up. Knockouts stages and no further feedbacks. Enjoy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by nauto11: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2019
There is no need let them come and dance shaku
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by junglej: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2019
nepapole:

Which biased? That thing was a clear yellow card offence and also the keeper goofed.. So there was no bias. Nigeria doesnt even deseeve to qualify.

See this one, okay the yellow card was on point like u said, the keeper goofed like you said, but do you understand the new rules? The teams are supposed to be outside the eighteen yard box until after the ball was played. Did you see where the French players were?

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by nepapole(m): 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2019
junglej:

See this one, okay the yellow card was on point like u said, the keeper goofed like you said, but do you understand the new rules? The teams are supposed to be outside the eighteen yard box until after the ball was played. Did you see where the French players were?
Yes, i have admitted the error in my comment after someone corrected me....i dinnt see that part but we should be honest with ourselves, the girls have not been good enough.
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by ghuzy01: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2019
Galaticos444:
Even if they eventually qualifies dey ar certainly coming home in d next round cos they ar meeting germany not 4getting dat 2 of falcons players ar suspended 4d match
Stop being negative, it's 11 its players against 11 players.more so the suspended players will be replaced by substitutes so no big deal

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by blowjohn(m): 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
nepapole:

Ok...my bad... Dint notice that . I only wanted to make 1 thing clear which is the fact that the girls dint even deserve to have a point in that match. They were woeful.

OK. Now, did u notice that we didn't want to attack thru out the match? Unlike against Korea?
Would u have predicted that France will only be able to score just one goal against us?
I agree that the attacking prowess of this crop of falcons is perhaps the worst in a long time if u can still remember the days of mercy akide and Co.
But u have to give it to the defence that really frustrated the French women's team.
In the end cheating is cheating. A draw wud have guaranteed us a place in the next round, whether we crash out later or not.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by blazer2018: 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2019
blowjohn:

The main issue there is Thailand. It's like they came to collect goals in the tournament.

As in ehn....how they qualified for the World Cup still baffles me.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by majamajic(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2019
IamPatriotic:
VAR has stopped them from qualifying, short and simple! ki won maa bo nile....

they will qualify !!

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by nepapole(m): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
blowjohn:

OK. Now, did u notice that we didn't want to attack thru out the match? Unlike against Korea?
Would u have predicted that France will only be able to score just one goal against us?
I agree that the attacking prowess of this crop of falcons is perhaps the worst in a long time if u can still remember the days of mercy akide and Co.
But u have to give it to the defence that really frustrated the French women's team.
In the end cheating is cheating. A draw wud have guaranteed us a place in the next round, whether we crash out later or not.
wanting not to attack is the reason for my comment. Also they could not hold the ball, complete passes. That was frustrating.
i agree with you that the defence was rili good . but still , we should not be looking for these kind of excuses. Decisions wont always go your way.
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by dapadawee: 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
VAR victimize Africa Representative. ...................in all world cup competition

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by stieyven(m): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2019
seangy4konji:
We will scale through...

The ladies did a good job against France especially that defense.. That attack is just like aiyegbeni and nwanacho in womens jersey.

If we can go through?

We will reach final..

PS no more ojoro referee or amadiouha will strike in France ooo.
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by KevMitnick: 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2019
Prolonging the day of reckoning... They'll still meet a wicked team like Germany even if they qualify. Only a great miraculous upset will suffice... undecided

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by blowjohn(m): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2019
nepapole:

wanting not to attack is the reason for my comment. Also they could not hold the ball, complete passes. That was frustrating.
i agree with you that the defence was rili good . but still , we should not be looking for these kind of excuses. Decisions wont always go your way.

That's also the point I was trying to bring out. They purposely didn't want to attack because am sure the coaches knew that if they did france will overpower us and the scoreline wud be completely different.

Definitely if we get past this stage it's gonna be back to attacking football, unless perhaps we face a team like Brazil or Germany.
I agree that they are always throwing the ball away.
In fact it's so bad that the habit prevents us from getting into the opponents box 18.
Naija politics won't allow sports blossom. People having their own players and leaving the more talented ones to waste.
Same thing for the super eagles.
No single player in the super eagles is worthy of that jersey.
Maybe iwobi.
No individually skilled players. No one that can match the skills of kanu or okocha or amokachi etc. Just run and shoot players.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by femi4: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Nigeria and Chile will take the last 2 slots.

Cameroon and Scotland are going no where

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by Litmus: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2019

Let me quote you now smiley smiley smiley...you they may go through, depending on the Chileans game with the weeping ladies of the tourney Thailand, Chile may beat them 5 nil or more and that will end their (Falcon's) aspiration in the tourney

New Zealand is playing rubbish too, Cameroon should beat them.

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by Mrjo(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Abfinest007:
to tell how tough d game is even Brazil qualify as best losers
is not that Brazil you have in mind this one is female Brazil
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by thunderbabs: 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2019
They should just goan board plane home coz they will still be beaten even if they are allowed into the next round, so why waste time energy and resources

African teams are underdogs at the world cup.... Local champions
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by JOTE(m): 3:56pm On Jun 19, 2019
miteolu:
THEY WILL QUALIFY THAT ONE IS VERY SURE

OUR GIRLS WILL GET THE LAST SLOT BECAUSE GROUP E & F

3rd from group D will qualify unless they play draw

we only have to wait for 3rd from group E & F
that's the only hope we have
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by mecks07(m): 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
nepapole:

Which biased? That thing was a clear yellow card offence and also the keeper goofed.. So there was no bias. Nigeria doesnt even deseeve to qualify.
. Pls permit me to tell you to shut up.
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by robosky02(m): 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2019
FIFA

F - football

I - is not

F - for

A - africa

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by chinchum(m): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2019
Rubbish analysis ! Scotland must not beat Argentina.A draw is the only favourable result. And the other 2 results. Thailand must beat chile or lose by not more than 2 goals margin. and finally New Zealand must win by 1-0, (no other type of win is good, not even 2-1) or at worst play a draw game.
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by femi4: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
JOTE:

3rd from group D will qualify unless they play draw

we only have to wait for 3rd from group E & F
that's the only hope we have
Don't be surprise if you see goaless draw.
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by nepapole(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2019
mecks07:
. Pls permit me to tell you to shut up.
Permission granted.... Life's simple.
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by nepapole(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
blowjohn:

That's also the point I was trying to bring out. They purposely didn't want to attack because am sure the coaches knew that if they did france will overpower us and the scoreline wud be completely different.

Definitely if we get past this stage it's gonna be back to attacking football, unless perhaps we face a team like Brazil or Germany.
I agree that they are always throwing the ball away.
In fact it's so bad that the habit prevents us from getting into the opponents box 18.
Naija politics won't allow sports blossom. People having their own players and leaving the more talented ones to waste.
Same thing for the super eagles.
No single player in the super eagles is worthy of that jersey.
Maybe iwobi.
No individually skilled players. No one that can match the skills of kanu or okocha or amokachi etc. Just run and shoot players.
Right!

1 Like

Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2019
femi4:
Nigeria and Chile will take the last 2 slots.

Cameroon and Scotland are going no where

Scotland is 1-0 up and their chances of qualifying shines brighter than Nigerian falcons.

I hope Argentina scores and they draw.

Sinde falcons lost to France, I haven’t heard or seen them tweeting and uploading photos on Instagram.

Modified...Scotland 2-0 Argentina

Scotland 3-3 Argentina...final score
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by alomeda600(m): 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2019
Falcons destiny is with cameron
Re: World Cup:super Falcons’ Chances Of Qualifying Reduce As Brazil Take Second Slot by shevchenko(m): 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
Aystarz:

I can wager neither of those games would end in a draw. And Thailand? Chile would wipe the floor with that ragtag excuse of a women's team.

Dennerby had no business losing that game to France, VAR, the referee or whatever excuses we're making for him. 79minutes of intense pressure and he couldn't switch things!!! Inept managers - he and Rohr.
Slave mentality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Betfuse / Pogba To Return To Training And To Partner With Bruno Fernandes / AFCON 2019: CAF Takes Final Decision On Use Of VAR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.