Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Lagos Will Use Mobile Courts For Traffic Offenders - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Lagos Will Use Mobile Courts For Traffic Offenders (588 Views)

I Need A Car For Bolt/ Uber ( I Will Use My Land As Collateral) / FRSC To Charge Motorists N50,000 Penalty For Traffic Light Violations In 2020 / Traffick offenders made to clear grasses as penalty for traffick offence(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Will Use Mobile Courts For Traffic Offenders by Naijautonews: 8:35am On Jun 19, 2019
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has recently disclosed the desire of his government to establish a special court to try traffic offenders in Lagos State. He also revealed what he plans for immediate punishment to ensure everyone's obeying the laws. Read details here!

Over the last weekend, the newly elected governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu made it known that traffic offenders would be tried in special courts within the state.

The governor believes that the special courts will be created in the state soon and anybody found guilty of traffic laws will be punished accordingly at every point of contravention.

Nobody will be spared by the government regardless of societal status. Every motorist must adhere strictly to the laid down traffic rules and regulations.

The traffic situation in some parts of Lagos surely needs draconian measures to put road users into check

In a statement from Gboyega Akosile, the deputy chief press secretary made it known that the governor reiterated this on Sunday, during an interdenominational thanksgiving service organized by Lagos chapter of Christian Association of Nigeria at the headquarters of the Deeper Life Bible Church at Gbagada, Lagos.

The governor was quoted in a statement, saying:

"We want the people to obey Lagos traffic law. We want them to understand that they are not the only road users who have right of way. If you want my government to finish well, don’t drive against the traffic."

Sanwo-Olu administration is obviously not taking traffic situation in Lagos State with levity

"We are working with the Acting Chief Judge of the state to set up special mobile courts that will dispense judgment on traffic offences. Any offender would be made to serve the punishment immediately, which could be in the form of compulsory community service. We are declaring zero tolerance for disobedience to traffic rules."

The governor believes that with the support of the residents of Lagos State, the desire to achieve “Greater Lagos” project will be realized.

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/lagos-mobile-courts-4091

Re: Lagos Will Use Mobile Courts For Traffic Offenders by Anonymous4: 9:26am On Jun 19, 2019
My Danfo people

(1) (Reply)

Honda Power/sport Bike For Sale / Tokunbo Camry XLE 2004 In Lagos @1,600,000 Only.. Cheapest Deal Ever. / E350 4matic Upgraded To 2016 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.