Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Volvo S60 N Honda Eod - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo S60 N Honda Eod (6056 Views)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / 2005 Volvo S40 Or 2005 Volvo S60 For E-hailing Business / At Cross Road Ebetween Volvo S60 & Nissan Altima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by valarinz: 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2019
thebigkendo:

Well you won't blame me for the preconceived notion..
You are alway "aggressive" anywhere volvo is mentioned with a negative wink.. So I thought it was th usual

I'm a jealous lover, I love my Volvos.

Seems I have some concubines sha, Ford edge and the Lexus IS, ES, GS

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by Conner44: 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
RZArecta2:
hehehe grin shít car

If the only thing that makes the accord ‘shitty’ is the ball joints then it’s a compromise anyone can decide to live with so far as you check it once a year.

cc Readonee35L

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by HRtechnique: 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
valarinz:

I asked you a question and you ignored.
Don't be petty.

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by RZArecta2(m): 10:36pm On Jun 22, 2019
Conner44:

If the only thing that makes the accord ‘shitty’ is the ball joints then it’s a compromise anyone can decide to live with so far as you check it once a year.

cc Readonee35L
don't worry, I drive something way worse cool
Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by thebigkendo(m): 7:40am On Jun 23, 2019
valarinz:

grin grin grin
I though you like being different.. IS & ES are too common mehn.. GS not so common
Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by Okuda(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
localfrank:

Make person no lie, e be like den use ugly designs swear for that automaker. The recent models(XC90) may look better as you said but when you compare to that from other automakers(Acura MDX, Audi Q7, e.t.c) Volvo still looks very trashy. I may never understand why anyone will buy a Volvo. No matter how good they are when it comes to functionality and reliability, there are other brands that are as functional and as reliable with better looks.

i wanted to give a robust reply but i looked and saw you are a female. i forgive you. the fact that newer models of volvo cars isnt in nigeria at the moment doesnt mean that they domt know what hey ar doing. the whole of western europe , buying a volvo is on the same par as buying an audi. infact newer model volvos has more respect that audi as people who buy them are working class family men who have managerial positions in their places of work. what peugot is to the nigeria army is what volvo is to the european working class men in top positions.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by Okuda(m): 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
nurey:

The first and most important thing in car sales is quantity, forget all that quality crap luxury cars preach. if you are not able to meet up with certain tresh-holds in car sales you are gone.

Honda is not crap and as a company they have stood the test of time, Honda engineering is not mate of Volvo, when it was swedish, when it was under Ford and finally when it was under Chinese. your Honda is crap statement is blasphemy.

Your Volvo doesn't have more luxury than honda, S60 has cloth option, navigation is optional, no massage seat nor fridge, I don't know what luxury the S60 carry from heaven to earth that the Accord EX-L isn't fitted with, you can enlighten me I wish to learn.

In the first place you aren't supposed to abuse a vehicle. Anyway your S60 won't take Abuse more than an Accord. The accord has a bullet proof engine, the leg works are solid shocks, spring, bushings etc and the shaft gives signs before it gives way. the only negative thing about accords is just the shaft and you should be only worried if you buy Chinese knockoffs.

The first ever accord was made in 1976 while Volvo S60 started in 1999 that's 23years difference. Respect your elder as a Volvo user, the Accord is not mate of Very Odd Looking Unidentifiable Vehicular Object (VOLUVO)

fiendi grin

i thought you know a thing or two about automobiles. I was wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by nurey(m): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
Okuda:

i thought you know a thing or two about automobiles. I was wrong.
so after a month you just waking up to give a robust reply?
Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by Okuda(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
nurey:

so after a month you just waking up to give a robust reply?

i did not know threads expires itself after months of the last reply.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by nurey(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
Okuda:

i did not know threads expires itself after months of the last reply.

if you want to counter my claim please do so without fear, we are all here to learn, give data and analysis to backup your claim. It's simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by valarinz: 9:32am On Jul 24, 2019
shocked
Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 24, 2019
localfrank:

Every vehicle looks good in a 3d design. This is what I see when I look at an XC90. Imagine this rubbish in 2019 like a 2003 Honda CRV

You know nothing about vehicle designs, looks or a beautifully designed vehicle when you see one. I am starting to think it's more of an eye defect. No insults intended at all, I am just wondering out loud..

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by diportivo: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
so

Jon snow full here grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by Okuda(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
nurey:

if you want to counter my claim please do so without fear, we are all here to learn, give data and analysis to backup your claim. It's simple as ABC

fear of what? Volvo cars may not be in the best taste for africans or nigerians at this moment doesnt mean theu are not doing big things. infact the company is far way ahead in r and d than their counterparts in europe. I am not sure what agreement they have with their chinese owners but in design starting from 2013 has been top notch and that not withstanding their build quality has been great from time on. That alone (build) is what attract their customers to them. Do you know that the xc90 was rated the safest SUV in 2017? what this means is that there is a high chance you would not die if you have an accident in that car. you are comparing the first accord to the s60? thats a no go area as at the time they "volvo" were inventing the seat belt where was honda and its likes?

I am sure you should have also heard about their technological breakthrough in their trucking systems? a rat would turn a volvo truck steering, that is how heavyweight that tech is. I understand sometimes geography determine our taste. You need to be in an xc90 from 2015 above to understand what build quality and tech is. I would not say any of these about a honda and i have nothing against them per se. i have been in both and i am a car enthusiast and i know good from perfect. Nothing fascinates about a honda/toyota car as its all cheap plastic inside. after a few years of use, the interior begins to disintegrate and look very worn out.

honda may be doing well in America,Asia and Africa but doesnt mean that Volvo does not have their base amd its not small in the least. the whole of western and parts of eastern europe have their fair share of volvo users and recently from 2015, they have been breaking american grounds also.

in the end its a matter of choice but it would be dishonest of you to make comparisons based on just one sided sense of judgement of whatever you think you know about the two brands.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by valarinz: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
Okuda:

fear of what? Volvo cars may not be in the best taste for africans or nigerians at this moment doesnt mean theu are not doing big things. infact the company is far way ahead in r and d than their counterparts in europe. I am not sure what agreement they have with their chinese owners but in design starting from 2013 has been top notch and that not withstanding their build quality has been great from time on. That alone (build) is what attract their customers to them. Do you know that the xc90 was rated the safest SUV in 2017? what this means is that there is a high chance you would not die if you have an accident in that car. you are comparing the first accord to the s60? thats a no go area as at the time they "volvo" were inventing the seat belt where was honda and its likes?

I am sure you should have also heard about their technological breakthrough in their trucking systems? a rat would turn a volvo truck steering, that is how heavyweight that tech is. I understand sometimes geography determine our taste. You need to be in an xc90 from 2015 above to understand what build quality and tech is. I would not say any of these about a honda and i have nothing against them per se. i have been in both and i am a car enthusiast and i know good from perfect. Nothing fascinates about a honda/toyota car as its all cheap plastic inside. after a few years of use, the interior begins to disintegrate and look very worn out.

honda may be doing well in America,Asia and Africa but doesnt mean that Volvo does not have their base amd its not small in the least. the whole of western and parts of eastern europe have their fair share of volvo users and recently from 2015, they have been breaking american grounds also.

in the end its a matter of choice but it would be dishonest of you to make comparisons based on just one sided sense of judgement of whatever you think you know about the two brands.

Ma nigga!!

2 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by nurey(m): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
Okuda:

Thank you for the lecture sir, every car maker has its own breakthrough. I am not comparing Volvo to Honda, I am merely comparing a 2003 Accord to 2003 S60.

If we start with Honda achievement in the Aircraft industry, outboard engines, powerbikes don't you think NL would crash.

And yes Volvo has been a pioneer in car safety and other tech aspects nobody can refute that.

3 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by thebigkendo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
nurey:

Thank you for the lecture sir, every car maker has its own breakthrough. I am not comparing Volvo to Honda, I am merely comparing a 2003 Accord to 2003 S60.

If we start with Honda achievement in the Aircraft industry, outboard engines, powerbikes don't you think NL would crash.

And yes Volvo has been a pioneer in car safety and other tech aspects nobody can refute that.

Fixed grin grin
Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by valarinz: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
thebigkendo:

Fixed grin grin

Wetin u fix biko
Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by thebigkendo(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2019
valarinz:

Wetin u fix biko

Fixed again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by valarinz: 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
thebigkendo:

Fixed again grin grin grin

Lol, u win

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by thebigkendo(m): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
valarinz:

Lol, u win

Make i fix am again? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by Okuda(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
nurey:

well, to be honest both of them had nothing that interests in terms of features. but if you talk of build then il say the volvo beats it to it. In design, I would give it to the eod. I remember when that car came out, it was like nothing else could beat it.

3 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by OgaKazeem(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2019
thebigkendo:

i swear U no well kan kan hehehe just dey fix everythinf. abeg fix this one too

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by thebigkendo(m): 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
Okuda:

well, to be honest both of them had nothing that interests in terms of features. but if you talk of build then il say the volvo beats it to it. In design, I would give it to the eod. I remember when that car came out, it was like nothing else could beat it.

End of discussion grin grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by valarinz: 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
Okuda:

You're quite honest sha

Mr Nurey up there will still argue this your comment...if not for anything but to correct your comment about the Volvo having anything good about it
Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by valarinz: 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
thebigkendo:

Abeg, no ooo

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by nurey(m): 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
Okuda:

I agree with you not because of Valarinz but because you have said the truth.

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by diportivo: 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2019
I still do not get

how a point in this argument will be that the s60 started in 1999 and the accord started in 1976

I stopped reading after that undecided

as if it wasnt something that evolved into the s60,and then the s40 before it and so on and so forth

in size,the 03 accord and the 03 s60 are not in the same category....

where exactly is the fair comparison

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by winner915: 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Okuda:

Wow......this is insightful and interesting

2 Likes

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by OgaKazeem(m): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
diportivo:
I still do not get

how a point in this argument will be that the s60 started in 1999 and the accord started in 1976

as if it wasnt something that evolved into the s60,and then the s40 before it and so on and so forth

so what is VAR saying o jare eyin ti cartalk VAR

1 Like

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by nurey(m): 6:40am On Jul 26, 2019
diportivo:
I still do not get

ANSWER: If you were in the market for a TV and you saw Sony WEGA Triton and a QASA TV both of same specifications and same price which would you choose?

ANSWER: The S60 was built on the P2 platform and least car year of manufacture is 1999 and no predecessor only related to other vehicles of that era/platform.

ANSWER: The Volvo and other Volvo related vehicles are Executive cars. Please look at Volvo in the 1980s to mid 90s and see what their executive vehicles look like.
The S60 been an Executive vehicle should have more luxury than the Accord presumably.

ANSWER: You can always share your unbiased comparison, you and others alike have a right to their own opinion and like I always say I am always willing to learn new things

Thank you

Re: Volvo S60 N Honda Eod by diportivo: 7:24am On Jul 26, 2019
OgaKazeem:

so what is VAR saying o jare eyin ti cartalk VAR

u need to get in touch with me ogbeni grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apple iCar And iMove Concept Car / Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise / Car Odometer Measurement Information You Might Not Be Aware Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.