Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

Who Do You Wish To Become? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do You Wish To Become? (191 Views)

Talk To A Prophet. What Do You Wish Spiritual Guidance On? / What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? / Share Your Favorite Christmas Songs As You Wish A Nairalander Merry Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Wish To Become? by toyinaremu(f): 8:39am On Jun 19, 2019
Role models are people we aspire to be like. We see them from afar and admire or covet the success they have made. It is absolutely good to aspire to be like someone or do what they're doing but it is also absolutely wrong when you do not want to be like their secret place.

Behind every glory, there's a story. Behind every success, there are failures, disappointments, sacrifices and pain endured before their success were celebrated.

Lord, I want to be like Jesus in my heart, hope you remember that song? The question is how much of God do you have to be like Jesus?

Stop trying to be like Jesus without God. Can you endure the cross, despise the Shame and humble yourself to the point of death?

Your abilities are not enough but your deep connection to the vine is more than enough. You want to be like the Omoniyis without the rugged determination and endless prayers? It is not about your ability to organize programs but it's about the Power backing you up.

You want to be like Pastor Daniel without the fire and the baptism of the Holy Ghost? Never! Remember that these kind does not go out without fasting and praying.

Oh I love mama Jane Arowolo and want to be like her, are you ready to be like her as she travails in prayers? Charity should not be a big deal, I will do like Daddy Busari. But without selfless commitment and little or no concern for self, it'll only become a wish.

Writing is my hobby but when it becomes a ministry, how committed can you be, ask the likes of Penocraft, Evang. Bisola Longe, the Dunamis, Daddy Diyaolu and host of others before you wish to be like them.

Oh you think Mr. Aremu is a man of many parts without the fueling of the Spirit?

I did not mention these names to hype anyone but to make this as practical as possible. If you want to be like someone especially in the Christian world, then you have to understand that you have to firstly be like Him who called them.

Hear me, you cannot be faithful if you don't believe in His faithfulness, you cannot be righteous without His righteousness.

Stop believing in your abilities and start panting for more of Him to be like Him. If wishes were horse, beggars would have more of them. Don't wish to become like them, pay the price to become like them if that's what you were cut out for.

(1) (Reply)

This Month In Prophecy. / The Mystery Of Your Feet. / Brotherhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.