Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,850 members, 7,820,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised (806 Views)

Photos Of People Attacked In Rivers State Today Viewers Discretion Advised!! / INEC Okays Manual Accreditation Due To Issues With Card Reader / Photos From Sambisa Forest: Viewers Discretion Strictly Advised! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by paddylo1(m): 5:10am On Oct 05, 2010
[size=14pt]Stick to Issues, IBB Advised[/size]

[size=14pt]Former Military President and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential aspirant, General Ibrahim Babangida, has been advised to stick to issue-based campaign and not to tilt back to his all-too-familiar ambush method to score cheap points against political opponents.[/size]

Dati, a chieftain of the Plateau State branch of PDP, was reacting to accusations by Babangida, who was reported to have alleged that President Goodluck Jonathan has been using state powers to pull down his billboards and signages.
The former Plateau commissioner described President Jonathan as a leader who has religiously pursued Late President Umaru Yaradua’s maxim of the rule of law. “He is just a humble man of destiny brought onto the coveted platform of Nigeria’s political limelight by the will of the Almighty God.
“His humane and God-fearing disposition has endeared him to a new generation of Nigerians who crave for a departure from the merry-go-round of the past,” Dati said.

He is respected the world over for his zero tolerance for corruption, adherence to the rule of law and due diligence in the discharge of his official duties and responsibilities.”
[size=14pt] He called on the former military leader to exercise some restraints in enjoying his new found freedom, having been effectively subdued by past administrations that were well aware of his insatiable appetite for mischief, and the collateral damage therein.
“IBB’s track record of intolerance to ‘mere mortals’ who dared to express their constitutional rights is still fresh in the minds of Nigerians. Indeed the doses he administered to his close allies like Chief MKO Abiola and Gen. Vatsa brings to mind, the adage that ‘with friends like this, who needs an enemy? Come to think of it, what does IBB hope to achieve by seeking to create mountains out of molehills in a political contest where aspirants have a fair chance of winning?” Dati asked.
[/size]

[size=14pt]“The timing of this unbridled attack is suspect, coming as it where, on the eve of our country’s independence and the celebration of Nigeria’s silver jubilee. The mischief intended is only obvious, a trade mark of the ---- genius. If the tables were turned, one would have been struggling with the trumped up charges of ‘sabotage and threat to public peace’ a popular mantra of the ‘locust’ years,”[/size] he added.
He said Nigerians are not fools and that nobody could take them for a ride anymore, adding: “They know quite alright who has the worst records of human rights abuses and brought the country to its current low ratings which President Jonathan is earnestly and passionately trying to address and redress.

“Whatever happens during the current Presidential campaign, the choice of Nigerians is quite apparent and the likely losers are getting desperate, akin to the proverbial drowning man ready to clutch the blade of a sword to stay afloat.”
[size=14pt]He further called on IBB to enjoy the level playing ground offered by President Jonathan, which he couldn’t offer. [/size]

http://www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=184403
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by paddylo1(m): 5:13am On Oct 05, 2010
[size=14pt]He called on the former military leader to exercise some restraints in enjoying his new found freedom, having been effectively subdued by past administrations that were well aware of his insatiable appetite for mischief, and the collateral damage therein[/size]

So true. . Who ever heard of IBB aka Independence Bomb Blast,make any noise during the years of Abacha,OBJ or even Yaradua?

Insatiable appetite for mischief indeed
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by jamace(m): 9:22am On Oct 05, 2010
I will say it again that IBB is tired with his 50 bedroom mansion and the next abode suitable for him is KIRIKIRI.
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by paddylo1(m): 12:08am On Oct 06, 2010
^^

But will the dumb ones on Nairaland that are his fans understand that

God help us survive till 2020 and by then all these old fools like ciroma,IBB will be long gone
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by egift(m): 2:17am On Oct 06, 2010
Interesting. Here is my cup for measuring Nigerian politicians - If OBJ or President JEGA cannot trial IBB - then they are all the same. Chikina grin
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by paddylo1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2010
^^
Believe u me IBB will meet his waterloo. . .sooner rather than later. . .and not later than Dec 2011. . .

Him whom the gods want to destroy,they first make mad. .
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by tonyset: 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2010
Tell ibb that the cup he used in measuring to another will be used to measure for him angry
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by egift(m): 12:35am On Oct 07, 2010
paddy_lo:

^^
Believe u me IBB will meet his waterloo. . .sooner rather than later. . .and not later than Dec 2011. . .

Him whom the gods want to destroy,they first make mad. .

I personally want IBB behind bars if he is found guilty - same way I want every corrupt politician. But I cannot support GEJ if he do exactly the same thing others did and get persecuted. If it is comfortable for you to look the other way because it serves your interest, sorry I can't be a part of it.

Put it rightly: Mr. President did not handle the 1st Oct Bombing rightly - he should man up and own his responsibilities and not blame it on opponents while hanging out with known militants to enjoy coffee in the Villa and a TV reality show on NTA afterward, just to bend us in believing "its not MEND" after they have even accepted they did and apologized for the lose of lives.  grin
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by paddylo1(m): 1:27am On Oct 07, 2010
egift:

I personally want IBB behind bars if he is found guilty - same way I want every corrupt politician. But I cannot support GEJ if he do exactly the same thing others did and get persecuted. If it is comfortable for you to look the other way because it serves your interest, sorry I can't be a part of it.

Put it rightly: Mr. President did not handle the 1st Oct Bombing rightly - he should man up and own his responsibilities and not blame it on opponents while hanging out with known militants to enjoy coffee in the Villa and a TV reality show on NTA afterward, just to bend us in believing "its not MEND" after they have even accepted they did and apologized for the lose of lives.  grin

U are being simplistic. . GEJ as President has to consolidate the amnesty programme started by yar adua by the way
His meeting with ex-militants in Abuja is a non issue cause yar adua met with them even when they were still blowing up pipelines

The issue is that u cannot blame an email address for bombing abuja
The faces thatr are associated with that email have come out and said its not them that did the bombing

so it remains to be seen but the logical conclusion is that it is henry okah in conjuction with criminal elements in Nigeria
paid by rogue politicians like ibb,atiku and dokpesi. . we shall see. . the truth will come out and IBB will be shamed
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by egift(m): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2010
paddy_lo:

U are being simplistic. . GEJ as President has to consolidate the amnesty programme started by yar adua by the way
His meeting with ex-militants in Abuja is a non issue cause yar adua met with them even when they were still blowing up pipelines

The issue is that u cannot blame an email address for bombing abuja
The faces thatr are associated with that email have come out and said its not them that did the bombing

so it remains to be seen but the logical conclusion is that it is henry okah in conjuction with criminal elements in Nigeria
paid by rogue politicians like ibb,atiku and dokpesi. . we shall see. . the truth will come out and IBB will be shamed

Here is the problem with most of his supporters here (like you too) on this matter:
- Militants (except for the few freedom fighters - most are common criminals)  they now have conference meeting in Aso Rock Villa - Is GEJ telling our Youth to aspire to blow up things to also get invitations - Its a sad example

- You put the cart before the horse. Making arrests and blaming of your opponents before getting a single security report or analysis is very wrong and jeopardizes your future efforts on that issue.

- If you believe Atiku/IBB (interestingly only your opponents) are criminals prosecute them independently - instead of hiding behind a National tragedy to witch-hunt them.

- Why arrest Dokpesi when you don't have anything against him (ok, I see, he was celebrating the Vuvuzela he expected Okah to send from South Africa to change the story of MEND).

- He told us 18hrs he know those behind it, THE TRUTH? He doesn't. So he lied - is he going to apologize - Never (Oga is always right).  grin grin grin
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by paddylo1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
Here is the problem with most of his supporters here (like you too) on this matter:
- Militants (except for the few freedom fighters - most are common criminals) they now have conference meeting in Aso Rock Villa - Is GEJ telling our Youth to aspire to blow up things to also get invitations - Its a sad example

That is the price we have to pay to keep the oil flowing,its funny the likes of u in one hand shout oh the amnesty is not working. . blah blah bla. .then in the same breadth accuse the president of meeting ex-militants. . .which one is it?. . we all know that since the amnesty of last year oil production has more than doubled to over 2.2million barrels a day. .
Yaradua met with this same ppl while they were blowing up pipelines,before they accepted the amnesty,OBJ met with asari dokubo,the military chiefs at the time also came out to say the problem needed to be solved politically as there was no military solution

so its dis-ingenious to suggest the president is wrong by meeting these ex militants. . i dont know about u but i like that am not hearing stories about bombings in niger delta anymore over here. . .cause back then we heard bombing,sabotage stories like once a week

and it is also for the benefit of the Nigerian economy

- You put the cart before the horse. Making arrests and blaming of your opponents before getting a single security report or analysis is very wrong and jeopardizes your future efforts on that issue.

- If you believe Atiku/IBB (interestingly only your opponents) are criminals prosecute them independently - instead of hiding behind a National tragedy to witch-hunt them.

If dokpesi is implicated he must be arrested. . .u fail to realize that this issue is an international one. . .when evidence starts coming from SA against okah,and linking him to dokpesi pls dont still say they werent responsible
There is nothing wrong in arresting dokpesi for interrogation
again u talk as if the president is not better served by having a successful celebration. . u should ask yourself who stands to gain more from disrupting the party?

The point is the president does not need a bomb blast in front of the world on OCT1 to get an excuse to persecute opponents thats just ridiculous
there is the $12billion dollar oil windfall that can be used against IBB
there is the corruption case against ATIKU in the USA that can be used against ATIKU

only a non thinking person will believe otherwise

- Why arrest Dokpesi when you don't have anything against him (ok, I see, he was celebrating the Vuvuzela he expected Okah to send from South Africa to change the story of MEND).

Have u asked yourself why dokpesi is so quiet?. . who told u there is nothing against him. . .even in the USA the police can arrest u for interrogation during a murder investigation,and hold u all day. . .u will then continue to be interrogated for as long as they suspect u
so what exactly is your problem?. .is Dokpesi above being arrested and interrogated?

- He told us 18hrs he know those behind it, THE TRUTH? He doesn't. So he lied - is he going to apologize - Never (Oga is always right).

I suggest u wait till the investigation is done. . .there is a difference btw knowing who did it and proving who did it
I expect forensic experts from the UK and USA are already in the country,and they have already established the Explosives were shipped from outside the country

so just relax lets see what happens and how the investigation pans out. . .
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by seanet02: 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2010
paddy_lo:

That is the price we have to pay to keep the oil flowing,its funny the likes of u in one hand shout oh the amnesty is not working. . blah blah bla. .then in the same breadth accuse the president of meeting ex-militants. . .which one is it?. . we all know that since the amnesty of last year oil production has more than doubled to over 2.2million barrels a day. .
Yaradua met with this same ppl while they were blowing up pipelines,before they accepted the amnesty,OBJ met with asari dokubo,the military chiefs at the time also came out to say the problem needed to be solved politically as there was no military solution

so its dis-ingenious to suggest the president is wrong by meeting these ex militants. . i dont know about u but i like that am not hearing stories about bombings in niger delta anymore over here. . .cause back then we heard bombing,sabotage stories like once a week

and it is also for the benefit of the Nigerian economy

If dokpesi is implicated he must be arrested. . .u fail to realize that this issue is an international one. . .when evidence starts coming from SA against okah,and linking him to dokpesi pls dont still say they werent responsible
There is nothing wrong in arresting dokpesi for interrogation
again u talk as if the president is not better served by having a successful celebration. . u should ask yourself who stands to gain more from disrupting the party?

The point is the president does not need a bomb blast in front of the world on OCT1 to get an excuse to persecute opponents thats just ridiculous
there is the $12billion dollar oil windfall that can be used against IBB
there is the corruption case against ATIKU in the USA that can be used against ATIKU

only a non thinking person will believe otherwise

Have u asked yourself why dokpesi is so quiet?. . who told u there is nothing against him. . .even in the USA the police can arrest u for interrogation during a murder investigation,and hold u all day. . .u will then continue to be interrogated for as long as they suspect u
so what exactly is your problem?. .is Dokpesi above being arrested and interrogated?

I suggest u wait till the investigation is done. . .there is a difference btw knowing who did it and proving who did it
I expect forensic experts from the UK and USA are already in the country,and they have already established the Explosives were shipped from outside the country

so just relax lets see what happens and how the investigation pans out. . .

paddy lo i am enjoying you and your posts, we need to sound it into ENEMIES OF PROGRESS like kobo,enigift and IBB chorts of EVIL practices, they can not hold us to ransom
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by paddylo1(m): 3:04am On Oct 08, 2010
seanet02:

paddy lo i am enjoying you and your posts, we need to sound it into ENEMIES OF PROGRESS like kobo,enigift and IBB chorts of EVIL practices, they can not hold us to ransom

Thanks. . .the evil one must never be allowed to rule our country NIGERIA again. . .cause that would mean we are all collectively in bondage in that country
Re: Stick To Issues, Ibb Advised by paddylo1(m): 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2010
bump. . . cheesy cool

(1) (Reply)

Aba: Descent To Beastiality(2 / Jomo Gbomo - Is The Presidency Chasing A Ghost ! ! ! ! / Only In Nigeria: 1st Mfg Firm In Bayelsa, An Oil Prod. State, Commence Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.