Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees (13289 Views)

Adeleke Proscribes NURTW, Other Road Transport Unions In Osun / UK Government Dissolves, De-registers Nnamdi Kanu’s Indigenous People Of Biafra / Breaking News!! Federal Government Dissolves ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Realdeals(m): 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, on Monday named a 13-man committee to coordinate the activities of road transport trade unions in the interim.

The interim road transport management committee is Barrister Sunday Olufemi Adeniyi,

A statement by Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Kunle Somorin also stated that the mandate of the Road Transport Associations’ Interim committee is basically to review the operations of the unions and make recommendations on how the unions could be better organized to support the developmental agenda of the state.

The Interim Committee is expected to educate and create awareness amongst the stakeholders in the sector on the need to ensure peaceful conduct at all times and avoid any activities that could undermine peace, security, and safety of life and property in the state.

The other terms of reference for the transport committee are to institute disciplinary procedures/actions against any conduct or behaviour that could undermine public peace and harness the revenue potential of the road transport for enhanced internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and identification and addressing of any issue(s) that may improve the overall performance of the transport sector in the State.

The members of the committee are: Hon. Kunle Adeyemi, Hon. Afolabi Afuape, Mr. Aremu Babatunde, Hon. Olaitan Asekun, Mr Jokotade Taofeek Kashimawo and Hon. Kunle Mudashiru.
The others are Hon. Sule Abbas, Hon Razaq Adetokunbo (Legelege), Mr Lekan Oguntayo. Hon Yaya Fadipe and Hon. Kayode Fabiyi. Engr. Tunji Akinosi is to serve as the Secretary of the Committee.

Gov. Abiodun urged the committee to make recommendations for consideration of the Government on the way forward for these unions.

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigeria-news-today/2019/06/19/ogun-state-government-dissolves-transport-unions-sets-up-interim-committees-for-transport-unions/

lalasticlala
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
The Interim Committee is expected to educate and create awareness amongst the stakeholders in the sector on the need to ensure peaceful conduct at all times and avoid any activities that could undermine peace, security, and safety of life and property in the state.
This is a very good and welcome development from the Governor.

God bless Ogun state.
God bless Nigeria.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Heineken(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
OK
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Richdad50(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
shocked
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by RomeoEmpire(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
What do i even know?
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by CoolOg: 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
The union members who stood by the governor during campaign and election as Chief security officers and bodyguard are already eyeing the post. The people who will be chosen already knw themselves. Efele of Ijebu and co

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
RomeoEmpire:
What do i even know?
Abi now!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Businext: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2019
cheesy
Use and dump
After they don use them win election. Na so Oshiomhole use okada people after ban them for city. I support that one sha grin
I wonder why transport unions are so strong in the West whereas their park buses are scrap! Even when you see their NURTW houses, e be like Doctors Houses or Nurses Houses or NBA Houses grin
Have you seen transport companies in South and East? Tear rubber, TV, radio, confirm. Or even for North central, check out Casmag or Others

#saynotounprogressiveunions

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Bossontop(m): 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2019
undecided
Hmmm.....make agberos (Tinubu boys) no go start dey burn government house oo

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by TundeeednuT: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2019
Tinubu won't be happy o

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Alejobs: 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
We may be anonymous but not robot
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by erifeoluwasimi(f): 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2019
grin this is so welcomed. But managing the road transport workers should be done effectively. Mimiko once dissolved ACOMORAN but it didn't last. I hope this one does
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Legendguru: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2019
oh
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by abel1030: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2019
Igbega ipinle ogun, ajose gbogbo wa ni meaning upliftment of ogun state concern all of us.
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by seborrhic: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
Businext:
cheesy
Use and dump
After they don use them win election. Na so Oshiomhole use okada people after ban them for city. I support that one sha grin
I wonder why transport unions are so strong in the West whereas their park buses are scrap! Even when you see their NURTW houses, e be like Doctors Houses or Nurses Houses or NBA Houses grin
Have you seen transport companies in South and East? Tear rubber, TV, radio, confirm. Or even for North central, check out Casmag or Others

#saynotounprogressiveunions
Dont lie.
It's the same crappy buses everywhere.
Mumu tribalist

9 Likes

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Businext: 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
seborrhic:

Dont lie.
It's the same crappy buses everywhere.
Mumu tribalist

Na wa so which tribe I come be na
You know if I be your uncle,
I mean your father's brother
Where you don travel go
Which buses you don enter
And how old are you
"We may be anonymous but not robots"
Mind yourself
Have you entered ABC bus or G. Agofure or GIGM or Sunny Erus or Muyi Line?
Oya kneel down say sorry
Tribalism stain your mouth there

#saynotosupportingblindly
#saynotolies
#saynototribalism
#saynotobigotry

Shior

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by olahajayi(m): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
Those guys still dey for road dey tear ticket o.
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by IDnoble1: 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2019
I think those people called NURTW contribute to the present hardship in the country, the amount you spend moving within the state nowadays can be somehow alarming . If you calculate the amount you spend on public transportation you will see that it not a small stuff.
Why do we have to indirectly pay the agberos without any benefits.
They will neither repair roads for us nor contribute in any positive way to the society and still we keep paying them everyday.
Sincerely, I don't always blame some people calling the nation a zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Kenog4real(m): 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2019
Businext:

Na wa so which tribe I come be na
You know if I be your uncle,
I mean your father's brother
Where you don travel go
Which buses you don enter
And how old are you
"We may be anonymous but not robots"
Mind yourself
Have you entered ABC bus or G. Agofure or GIGM or Sunny Erus or Muyi Line?
Oya kneel down say sorry
Tribalism stain your mouth there

#saynotosupportingblindly
#saynotolies
#saynototribalism
#saynotobigotry

Shior

Lol, so you think that union has anything to do with ABC and CO you just mentioned. The union disturbs the so called crappy bus as seen everywhere in Nigeria(talking from experience). No state is left out

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Ahmeduana(m): 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2019
post=79485503:

This is a very good and welcome development from the Governor.

God bless Ogun state.
God bless Nigeria.
BUT IS NOT GOOD FOR OYO STATE, BA? undecided
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Dwayne564: 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2019
... only to re-negotiate better percentage and place their own people in the union

Amosun did the same
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by wallex1983(m): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
This man is not prepared to rule at all
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by ideynl1: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
The same people who criticized Seyi Makinde of Oyo state will now hail Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state.

All because of different political platforms.
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Bostin(m): 7:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
Thank God my Uncle is among , I'm so happy for him . Omo Ogun Ise ya
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by Born2Breed(f): 8:25pm On Jun 19, 2019
Politicians knows that these transport union or Agberos are their backbone. You must remove the old and bring in the new regime who will support you in next election.

The mistake Ambode made was not breaking the wings of MC and co then replacing them with his own thugs.

Obaseki did same too.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by fedora04: 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
I had often asked what the unions use the money they collect to do

Do they have a credit scheme for members or retirement scheme. Who really are the beneficiaries of this monies.

I just can't imagine they generate so much everyday and unaccounted for.They don't fix roads. Neither do they fix their parks.

EFCC should begin to pry into this matters.

My tots
Re: Ogun State Government Dissolves Transport Unions, Sets Up Interim Committees by jamezman(m): 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ahmeduana:

BUT IS NOT GOOD FOR OYO STATE, BA? undecided

Shay u dey mind dem APC internet warriors....
Also zombielizing about..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Agrees To Buy 300,000 BPD Of Crude For 20 Years From NNPC / 'Buhari Investigate Aregbesola': Osun Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Pensions / Reps Bill: President Risks Impeachment Over Late Cabinet Formation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.