Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Edo Lawmakers Attack: "Open Letter To Governor Godwin Obaseki" - Ogbeide Ifaluyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Lawmakers Attack: "Open Letter To Governor Godwin Obaseki" - Ogbeide Ifaluyi (283 Views)

Ogbeide Ifaluyi-Isibor: "I Am A PDP Member Yet I Am Obidient" / 17 Edo Lawmakers Insist On Sitting / 14 Edo Lawmakers, 18 LG Chairmen, 196 Councillors Defect To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo Lawmakers Attack: "Open Letter To Governor Godwin Obaseki" - Ogbeide Ifaluyi by gistfever: 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2019
@Gistvic.com

Ogbeide Ifaluyi-Isibor, the Coordinator, Dynamic PDP Vanguard in Edo writes an open letter to Governor Godwin Obaseki pertaining the harassment of some members elect . Gistvic Reports.

We could recall, thugs attacked Adams Oshiomhole's Brother, Mr Seidu Oshiomhole on Tuesday alongside 14 other lawmakers-elect in the state during a meeting at an undisclosed location.

According to reports, the meeting was necessitated by the Monday midnight inauguration of nine members of the new parliament and subsequent election of Frank Okiye as speaker.

Ogbeide Ifaluyi-Isibor wrote:

"Dear Gov Godwin Obaseki,

It is a good time to salute your effort in inaugurating the Edo State House of Assembly,it hasn't come without some hiccups and it is our hope that they will be resolved shortly.

As much as I am in perfect simulacrum with some of your actions in the past few days, I will however implore you to resist the temptation of engaging thugs and hoodlums in the course of this battle.

I applauded you very early when you drove these twisted men into their caves when you became Governor, Edo people loved the fact that some sanity had returned to their streets. If we applauded you for keeping them in coolers then, we won't applaud you as we see some of them being resurrected just now only to be used by your government against your opponents.

In my opinion, the harassment of some members elect at some hotel yesterday wasn't necessary. Let's not get deep into the gutters to fight pigs, instead we should bring them to higher grounds and defeat them in the full glare of the public. You can verily use the instrument of the state as Governor to prosecute this battle howbeit in a decent manner, I will plead that you ascend above the temptation to use dirty men in this noble course to defeat the prince of thieves who doesn't know that his time is up.

Let me also add that your media circle be boosted even more,there are some soldiers who were for you back in the days, the Constance Onaiwus,the Jack Obinyans and a host of others should be re-engaged just now to broaden your media chest and elevate your presence.

Lastly sir, do all that's expedient to be done but do all you can to engage thugs NOT. It has never benefited the government or the people and it never will.
Thank you!

Ogbeide Ifaluyi-isibor wrote from inside Ogida barracks."

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/06/edo-lawmakers-attack-open-letter-to.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Osinbajo Discussed With US Vice President, Pence Finally Revealed / VIDEO: Midwest Movement Rejects RUGA Settlement For Fulani Herdsmen / Why Is Tinubu Silent On The Ruga Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.