Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Leadership And Philanthropy: Extolling The Virtues Of Hon Chief Clement Okezie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leadership And Philanthropy: Extolling The Virtues Of Hon Chief Clement Okezie (289 Views)

Clement Onyemelukwe: 'Father Of Electricity’ In Nigeria Died At 86 (Photos) / Extolling The Arakunrin Akeredolu Led Administration On Financial Prudence And A / Extolling The Arakunrin Akeredolu Led Administration On Financial Prudence And A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leadership And Philanthropy: Extolling The Virtues Of Hon Chief Clement Okezie by chuksahamefule: 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
In the words of Burgess Owens, an American Athlete…..”I believe that my worth is not measured by what I do, by the honors that are bestowed upon me, or by material wealth that I might obtain. Instead, I am measured by the courage I show while standing for my beliefs, by the dedication I exhibit to ensure my word is good, and the resolve I undertake to establish my actions and deeds as honorable”.

Indeed, leadership entails a call to service, but dedication and commitment to service, with undeterred sacrifice to humanity remains a rare virtue which is only upheld by a few individuals.

Hon Chief Clement Okezie Erondu will no doubt go down in the annals of our history as a state, following his philanthropic decision to submit to a 50% cut on his entitlements as a Transition Committee Chairman in Aba South LGA, in the midst of his health challenges then which required massive attention and funds.

This quintessential and indefatigable leader of immeasurable qualities and capabilities chose to align with the philosophy of our amiable governor, Dr Victor Okezie Ikpeazu in moving the state forward, and further pledging to contribute his quota wherever his attention was needed.

In the light of the above, it can be ascertained, with every bit of sincerity that there are only few individuals with such rare virtues, and who could go as far as putting the interest of their state above their personal interest and welfare.

As every individual jostle for recognition and appointments in the new government of our amiable state, as pioneered by Dr Victor Okezie Ikpeazu, I humbly submit that the attention of the governor be drawn to such significant situations where leadership and philanthropy played out in the most magnanimous and appreciable manner.

According to Vince Lombardi, an American football player, coach, and executive in the National Football League “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand”. Hon Chief Clement Okezie Erondu is one of those rare virtues who gave proper and appreciable account of themselves when they had opportunities to work in various capacities.

In a nutshell, I have confidence in the ability of Hon Chief Clement Okezie Erondu to deliver, having successfully served Aba South LGA and indeed, the state in various capacities. I believe our state can only reach it’s desired heights if the best individuals who have the interest of our state at heart, as against their personal interest and welfare, are chosen to join hands with our ever performing governor in moving the state forward.

Long live Aba South LGA!
Long live Abia State!!
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!

(1) (Reply)

ACF Backs FG On Almajiri. / South West Govs Discuss Security Challenges In Ibadan Tomorrow / Boko Haram In Nigeria: What Is The Government Not Telling Us - Jekwu Okoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.