Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] (38622 Views)

BREAKING.. 237 Vibrators Recovered From Girls In KWARA NYSC Camp This Morning. / Corper Proposes To Female Soldier In Kwara NYSC Camp (Video) / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by imam07: 6:36am On Jun 20, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:
But Igbos are hailing Saraki they called him the best
those are the ipob weh never sabi or come to Kwara state. All ibos I know in Kwara hate saraki including ibo corpers.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by ephraim18(m): 6:39am On Jun 20, 2019
yikpata camp a death zone no toilet no gud fud. I was there 2014 I was amazed the conditions of the camp hasn't improved despite the hailing saraki and his boy governor. upon the bad conditions of the camp kwara state don't pay copers which is more frustrating I pray the governor will do something about copers in the state. wonder who's even hailing saraki self he did nothing in kwara upon all the time he ruled

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by imam07: 6:39am On Jun 20, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

That he talked is a show of concern and a forward step. The previous governor that was there what did he do? Sanwolu talked about apapa road and it is being fixed. That he even went inside that dirty place is a good example from him. Buhari doesnt talk you all make a noise he doesntm. This one spoke you said it is not by talking. What do you guys axtually want?
Nah yeye person him be. They will not talk about their own bad gov. Nah to dey poke nose in other state affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by ayanbaba2(m): 6:39am On Jun 20, 2019
that's how it's been since...

until the DG came and announced to us all that the camp will be closed in two days time to those "stupid" state officials...

two trucks of bunk frames came in to the camp... also, two borehole were dug. all these within two days ooooo...

they even increased our "meat" then! just to pacify us.

thank God for God! almost bitten by a "brown" snake one "early morning" just by the doorstep of hostel 5!

that camp na jungle!

to my surprise, the next batch confirmed to us that the borehole is not functioning at all.

all these in 2014... na 14c I be

3 Likes

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by jomoh: 6:40am On Jun 20, 2019
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2019
Wailo camp was decent then...
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Cybertext(m): 6:52am On Jun 20, 2019
ayanbaba2:
that's how it's been since...

until the DG came and announced to us all that the camp will be closed in two days time to those "stupid" state officials...

two trucks of bunk frames came in to the camp... also, two borehole were dug. all these within two days ooooo...

they even increased our "meat" then! just to pacify us.

thank God for God! almost bitten by a "brown" snake one "early morning" just by the doorstep of hostel 5!

that camp na jungle!

to my surprise, the next batch confirmed to us that the borehole is not functioning at all.

all these in 2014... na 14c I be

Hmmmm 14c Yikpata? You took the words outta my mouth, we weren't the lucky ones that got a hostel space. We slept in an open hall (boys and girls). Omoh!! that experience is the worst 3weeks ever.

Thank goodness for the stream, na their we dey do our own SAED. grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Staru1(m): 7:00am On Jun 20, 2019
akinhanger:
Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has lamented the condition of the state’s orientation camp for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members, describing it as a “penitentiary…that is not fit for human living”. He said the administration would do something quickly to rehabilitate the camp, beginning with fixing the water and health facilities.

https://all-gists..com/2019/06/kwara-nysc-camp-not-fit-for-human-living-kwara-governor-abdulrazaq-photos.html

yea, I camped there..... but the issue of water borehole was resolved by previous adminstration.... some corps members serving @ ministries were given quarries 4 failing to show up on "Thank You Visit with nysc kwara sic to Niger Lower Basin....
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by fotadmowmend(m): 7:02am On Jun 20, 2019
Yikpata ..... I remember that 3 weeks of horror spent there .... That place is a hell on earth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by GTFOH: 7:04am On Jun 20, 2019
tunwumi:
If his child we be using that place you will see emergency repairs. Please stop talking we want actions.

Thanks
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by israelmao(m): 7:11am On Jun 20, 2019
Kwara State and backwardness is crying for disunity.
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by vanjos: 7:13am On Jun 20, 2019
seunfly:
Honestly anybody that knows kwara state will never praise Saraki, don't get it twisted I'm not in support of Saraki's opponent but certainly Saraki is not human being. He is evil personify who careless about the people he governed but his personal pocket.

His dad ruled kwara by taking people's money from government confer and sharing it by himself while Saraki govern by stealing people's money and sharing it on himself.
The unclad truth!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by TellMeTheTruth(m): 7:14am On Jun 20, 2019
akinhanger:
Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has lamented the condition of the state’s orientation camp for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members, describing it as a “penitentiary…that is not fit for human living”. He said the administration would do something quickly to rehabilitate the camp, beginning with fixing the water and health facilities.

https://all-gists..com/2019/06/kwara-nysc-camp-not-fit-for-human-living-kwara-governor-abdulrazaq-photos.html

All talk and no action
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by gafaardy(m): 7:18am On Jun 20, 2019
This is inhabitable for animal let alone of huma being

1 Like

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Coolgent(m): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2019
I almost die in that concentration camp abi NYSC camp,
I dont even wish my enemy to be poster there.
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by tfelicityk(m): 7:24am On Jun 20, 2019
That is his dream cds project when he served. Thank God he is now the governor of the state. We are yet to perceive his actions soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Kazzman(m): 7:27am On Jun 20, 2019
Haba Oga, I also had a personal experience about life at Yikpata. It's not as how you addressed it, after all there are some Camp that are even more worse than that. We have to be more lenient in the way we paint our image in this country
[quotaae author=jomoh post=79497789]Yikpata camp

A camp in the middle of nowhere. The most obscure NYSC camp I know in in the country.

That place is supposed to be converted into prison or military training camps for jungle combats. Even prisoners will complain.

No water
No toilet
Far from civilization
One single network back then(MTN)

No wonder a Corp member died a batch before mine due to snake bite.

Yikpata too has classrooms converted to hostel called ecomog.

Yikpata is worst. It’s justfew kilometers from river Niger.

The closest civilization to the camp is over a 100km away from the camp site. Even when you get to the entrance of the camp, Apart from the old bus stop, the sign board and the communication mast at the junction, if anyone tells you there are over 3000 Nigerian youths sleeping inside the bush less that 500meters from the road side(where you stand), you’d find it hard to believe. Meaning if you’re standing on the road beside the camp, you won’t see anything to tell you that there are over 3000 people just 500m from that road. That is to tell you how thick the forest jungle around the camp is.[/quote]
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Kazzman(m): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2019
Haba Oga, I also had a personal experience about life at Yikpata. It's not as how you addressed it, after all there are some Camp that are even more worse than that. We have to be more lenient in the way we paint our image in this country
jomoh:
Yikpata camp

A camp in the middle of nowhere. The most obscure NYSC camp I know in in the country.

That place is supposed to be converted into prison or military training camps for jungle combats. Even prisoners will complain.

No water
No toilet
Far from civilization

The closest civilization to the camp is over a 100km away from the camp site. Even when you get to the entrance of the camp, Apart from the old bus stop, the sign board and the communication mast at the junction, if anyone tells you there are over 3000 Nigerian youths sleeping inside the bush less that 500meters from the road side(where you stand), you’d find it hard to believe. Meaning if you’re standing on the road beside the camp, you won’t see anything to tell you that there are over 3000 people just 500m from that road. That is to tell you how thick the forest jungle around the camp is.
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by TalkMyMindToo: 7:32am On Jun 20, 2019
Repair am today and some dirty pig corpers go come scatter am...some people just get dirty for their DNA
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Aldaud(m): 7:34am On Jun 20, 2019
that's how #Saraki distroyed everything in #Kwara #Magida fool is also watching

1 Like

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by kevoh(m): 7:57am On Jun 20, 2019
Aldaud:
that's how #Saraki distroyed everything in #Kwara
#Magida fool is also watching
So Saraki was the one that destroyed the toilets and bathrooms. grin That's interesting.

Meanwhile, most NYSC camps are exactly like this. It's always an eyesore. The corps members mess up the whole place with their I-don't-care attitude. Trust me, some corps members are PIGS in human clothing. If you doubt NYSC camp toilets are these way because of corps members then check out many public toilets in Nigeria. You will find out that the camp is just a microcosm of Nigeria.

The NYSC camp administrators rarely carry out maintenance/small renovation after a batch leaves the camp.

It's easy to lay blame on government whereas the people passing the blame are also culpable.
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Waksdabos(m): 8:02am On Jun 20, 2019
Farakay10:
I did my orientation at Yikpata...it was a bitter sweet experience...Yikpata was hell..but me being a sharp guy, i found my ways around
Guy, what year did you serve? l was at yikpata also. Was a bitter sweet experiences. Camp facilities very poor. 2015 was still a memory.
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Classickj(m): 8:24am On Jun 20, 2019
PVision2020:
Kwara NYSC camp is one of the worst (if not the worst) in Nigeria.
I agree wit you... Serving here, place is worst
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Damfostopper(m): 8:25am On Jun 20, 2019
but Corp members are always fun of saying my camp is the best yen yen yen in Nigeria...... deep down they know they are suffering.....

BTW...... if ur camp is not Iseyin camp, ibadan...... then ur camping in the jungle
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Classickj(m): 8:29am On Jun 20, 2019
jomoh:
Yikpata camp

No water
No toilet
Far from civilization

The closest civilization to the camp is over a 100km away from the camp site. Even when you get to the entrance of the camp, Apart from the old bus stop, the sign board and the communication mast at the junction, if anyone tells you there are over 3000 Nigerian youths sleeping inside the bush less that 500meters from the road side(where you stand), you’d find it hard to believe. Meaning if you’re standing on the road beside the camp, you won’t see anything to tell you that there are over 3000 people just 500m from that road. That is to tell you how thick the forest jungle around the camp is.
100% correct no fence @ all. The place is worst, everything about kwara state is worst
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Rolly22(m): 8:30am On Jun 20, 2019
chrisxxx:
I was there 12 years ago i am surprised that is still the condition. No water as we rely on Fulani to supply us water . Toilet facility was in poor condition. The food na the worst not even when you have the cash to buy.

That shows you Nigeria is Just stagnant. Within this twelve years they have looted away billions that could have been used to fix the camp.
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by chumaxe(m): 8:32am On Jun 20, 2019
Gosj01:
Chai! Good steps!

I sell cheap and super neat laptops.
Where do you reside? I need a laptop of 45k or 50k but with good and attractive specs..... Say 4g ram, 500g hd, core i3 or i5 with b3 span of 4hours..... We can talk via 09024041544
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by Classickj(m): 8:33am On Jun 20, 2019
Farakay10:
I did my orientation at Yikpata...it was a bitter sweet experience...Yikpata was hell..but me being a sharp guy, i found my ways around
baba dat place worst die... No clean toilet, na short put we day do
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by godwinony(m): 8:43am On Jun 20, 2019
Ogun State's camp remains one of the very best if not the best orientation camp in this country. I never felt irritated for one day using the bathroom or toilet during my time there in 2017.. Fully tiled and functional. The accommodation was also great. Neat rooms with electric socket at each bunk.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by dunsin125: 8:45am On Jun 20, 2019
Damfostopper:
but Corp members are always fun of saying my camp is the best yen yen yen in Nigeria...... deep down they know they are suffering.....

BTW...... if ur camp is not Iseyin camp, ibadan...... then ur camping in the jungle
Is the iseyin camp that good
Re: Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos] by suco01(m): 8:52am On Jun 20, 2019
I did my orientation at yikpata camp. The experience was terrible, funny thing was that I never visit toilet na short put we dey aways do...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corper To Rebuild Rashidi Yekini’s Grave (Photos) / Nysc Officially Released Circular For 2015 Batch B Time Table(pic) / 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.