Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Walker Signs 2-year Contract Extension With Manchester City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Walker Signs 2-year Contract Extension With Manchester City (223 Views)

Nigerian Team Signs 2 Brazilians / William Troost-Ekong Signs Contract Extension With Udinese / Rohr Earns Two-year Contract Extension With Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Walker Signs 2-year Contract Extension With Manchester City by Nayo08(m): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2019
Kyle Walker put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension that will keep him at Manchester City until 2024, the Premier League champions announced Wednesday.

"I'm thrilled to have signed a new deal," the right-back said. "Playing for City has been everything I'd hoped it would be and more.

"It was an easy decision. I want to be competing for trophies, playing at the highest level, and I feel I have improved hugely as a player during my time here.

"The club's vision - both on and off the pitch - matches mine perfectly and I’m looking forward to spending the new five years here, hopefully winning more silverware."

News of Walker's extension comes a day after City were linked with a lucrative move to sign right-back Joao Cancelo from Juventus in a transfer that could cost about £45 million.

The England international has appeared in more than 100 matches for City since coming over from Tottenham in 2017, when he became the world's most expensive defender by completing a £53-million transfer.

He has played a pivotal role in helping City win back-to-back Premier League titles, while also hoisting the FA Cup and the Carabao Cup during the club's treble-winning campaign last season.

(1) (Reply)

Payafter Win Games That Would Definitely Put You On The Winning Path / Watch Nigeria Vs Guinea 1-0 Match Highlights And Goals / Trending App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.