Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,166 members, 7,838,991 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Is It Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong? (585 Views)

Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? / Is It Wrong Or I Am Over Reacting / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong? by DaBogu: 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
Is it wrong to marry without parental blessing?!
Re: Is It Wrong? by blackpanthar: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
If you are culturally religious YES it is WRONG.

but IF YOU ARE WISE ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT MARRIAGE HAS NO RULES.... NONE WHATSOEVER... then you have become AWOKEN... stay woke

DaBogu:

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong? by liberalchick(f): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
NO. As a grown man/woman, you should be capable of making a life long and important decision that would only affect YOU, if it turns out to be the wrong one.

If your parents love and trust you, they will come around eventually.

DaBogu:

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong? by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
It is very wrong, I can never marry without their consent.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong? by lilmax(m): 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
its wrong

the best you can do is to make your partner RIGHT in their eyes though

but as for women like toke, tonto and the rest tees, you have to understand your parents are right about them because at that moment you must be a blind man

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong? by okirewaju(f): 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
Yes

Click on my signature and buy airtime, data and subscribe your cable at affordable price
Re: Is It Wrong? by ibkayee(f): 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
It’s not wrong, but depending on the culture it’s a big deal and in some it isn’t

It’s important in Nigeria so it would probably be ideal to have their blessing but I don’t think not having it it alone should necessarily stop the marriage from going ahead. Different people have different family dynamics, relationships with their parents etc.

If you decide you won’t depend on their input or even get any input from them at all for whatever reason, you can still have a successful/healthy marriage, you’re grown after all. This kind of thing is very situation dependent

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong? by DaBogu: 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
It is very wrong, I can never marry without their consent.
How is it wrong?
Re: Is It Wrong? by DaBogu: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2019
wink
ibkayee:
It’s not wrong, but depending on the culture it’s a big deal and in some it isn’t

It’s important in Nigeria so it would probably be ideal to have their blessing but I don’t think not having it it alone should necessarily stop the marriage from going ahead. Different people have different family dynamics, relationships with their parents etc.

If you decide you won’t depend on their input or even get any input from them at all for whatever reason, you can still have a successful/healthy marriage, you’re grown after all. This kind of thing is very situation dependent
Re: Is It Wrong? by DaBogu: 10:24am On Jun 25, 2019
Age correlates with experience, NOT wisdom.

Wisdom requires careful contemplation and distillation of life experiences into actionable nuggets.

Experience without contemplation does NOT produce wisdom.

Let's deify wisdom, NOT old age.

We all know old people who are not wise, and young people who are literally dripping with wisdom.

Experience + Contemplation = Wisdom
Experience - Contemplation = Cynicism

(1) (Reply)

Moment Nigerian Mom Visits Son At His First Job In America / Travelling For Christmas? Would You Like To To Join Us? / Woman And An Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.