Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France (53367 Views)

2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup: Round Of 16 Fixtures Confirmed (full List) / Fifa World Cup Qatar 2022 Round Of 16 Fixtures / The 2019 African Cup of Nations draw concludes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by Brightest04(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2019
Iam very very optimistic,the final score line is going to be Germany 0 Nigeria 2.Yes,I can see the Falcons flying high above the sky and the scoffers looking in surprise with their mouths wide open.

3 Likes

Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by olayincar(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2019
Sensimilla:

German women are not like their men and Nigeria women are not like their men

Nigerian men have not crossed round 16 before but the women have reached final several time and even won the cup

German women are ranked 2nd in the world, stronger than there men team

Wait o.. Who has enter final several times?
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by panmunium(m): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2019
No need of watching the match I better concentrate on the men's side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2019
That our No. 10, Rita Chikwelu, is it a Man or Woman?
cos I dey always confuse seeing his/her face.
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2019
panmunium:
No need of watching the match I better concentrate on the men's side

people were expecting France to destroy our girls on the pitch, but they were surprisingly put to shame.

the penalty awarded to France was a clear Football Robbery on us.

#Believe.
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by agamaruf: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2019
Why the coach is not playing Rasheedat Ajibade?
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by Horus(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_OpPfIx3H8

Super Falcons In Tears As they qualify for FIFA Women's World Cup Round of 16 In Their Hotel
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by khalids: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2019
The girls have done well......there are 195 countries in the world and to get to last 16 is an achievement in its self
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by Treasure17(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2019
Temptee101:

You are being economical with the truth

"Not difficult task" but "impossible task"
Lol. The unthinkable happens in football bro.
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by Conceptman: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2019
The falcons lack good accurate passing and no clean dribble, they can't distribute a pass to oshoala which makes it difficult to find a goal and without a goal there is no winning, the keeper is a very good one but how far can she defend when our defense Is so weak .
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by Ikeh01(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2019
They may win the Germans.
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by winnah(f): 11:13am On Jun 21, 2019
KingsleyBuubba:

Don't be in a hurry to count us out

i'll come back for this post after the match....

who say we cant do it....with team work we are better than them....
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by panmunium(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2019
MrNipplesLover:

people were expecting France to destroy our girls on the pitch, but they were surprisingly put to shame.

#Believe.
Germany is more brutal than France. I cross my fingers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by ubcandid(m): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
MrNipplesLover:

#Believe.

Nigeria only got that result against France because they chose to "park the bus". Going into the game, with France already qualified and Nigeria having more to play, if we were a sound team the level of pressure we soaked in should have been the reverse. France rested some key players and when they came in the second half - it was evident that the gulf in class between the two teams was so large.

Germany and USA are the two kings of female football, France wouldn't want to face any of them. We've gotten to our trough. The girls are coming back and DENNERBEY IS A SCAM.
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
panmunium:
Germany is more brutal than France. I cross my fingers

agreed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
ubcandid:

Nigeria only got that result against France because they chose to "park the bus". Going into the game, with France already qualified and Nigeria having more to play, if we were a sound team the level of pressure were soaked in should have been the reverse. France rested some key players and when they came in the second half - it was evident that the gulf in class between the two teams was so large.

Germany and USA are the two kings of female football, France wouldn't want to face any of them. We've gotten to our trough. The girls are coming back and DENNERBEY IS A SCAM.

"Parking Bus" - Defensive game is part of football. a team can pull up this format when playing against a tougher/better opponent.

the Falcons were playing to get a point [a draw match] to get a total of 4 points in the group, which would undeniably guaranty next stage. Luckily, they got there, despite losing. flaws from other teams, though.

yes, falcons are no match for Germany, but, what I wanna see tomorrow is a touch match on the Germans.

I would still feel excited with a narrow victory for Germany.
if we win [luckily], then, my day is made.

I hail you, bro.
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by ubcandid(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=ubcandid post=79539606]
Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by ubcandid(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
MrNipplesLover:

"Parking Bus" - Defensive game is part of football. a team can pull up this format when playing against a tougher/better opponent.

the Falcons were playing to get a point [a draw match] to get a total of 4 points in the group, which would undeniably guaranty next stage. Luckily, they got there, despite losing. flaws from other teams, though.

yes, falcons are no match for Germany, but, what I wanna see tomorrow is a touch match on the Germans.

I would still feel excited with a narrow victory for Germany.
if we win [luckily], then, my day is made.

I hail you, bro.

Yeah, but such play set are usually accompanied by counter attacks, you can't just sit back and defend, aimlessly throwing the ball back at your opponents and giving them opportunities to try new ideas. That's why our attckers got wired out, no feeding and aimless clearances wearing them out.

Truth be told the Falcons have always been unlucky being placed in tough groups but on the other hand their level of exposure in this tournament and growth rate is at a high level of decline, most surprisingly is that the team is made up of veterans and foreign based pro's. I hope they win as a patriotic Nigerian, but if I am staking you know where the money would be. I just hope they keep the score line slim, there was a past World Cup were they lost by a single goal to China, Germany and Sweden in the group stage, maybe they can replicate that performance.
Truth be told I am tired of stunted growth affecting our football teams with abundance of talent, it's painful - look at how the argentine girls were playing with little international exposure.
I am also looking up to a miracle tomorrow like you, I pray we get it.

1 Like

Re: Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France by Felixabel(m): 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
Felixabel:

Abeg them nor sabi anything jare dem go collect 3-0
I said this here that Nigeria will collect 3-0 and it happen, correct score for the gamblers free odd wasted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Sniffer Dog Checked Messi And Suarez’s Cars After Bomb Threat / Nigeria Vs Kenya : AWCON 2016 (4 - 0) On 26th November 2016 / Lionel Messi Spotted Doing His Grocery Shopping In Miami USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.