Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Bombastic Expression - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bombastic Expression (298 Views)

Struggling To Remember An Idiomatic Expression / Life: A Bed Of Roses (Realistic Expression of Life) / Order Expression Beat And Papers The Difficulties Of School Assignment Formulati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bombastic Expression by ValentinaSampso: 3:09am On Jun 21, 2019
In the 18th century, i Was a pupil of so many parts. I was a scholar, a debator, a dramatist, and most of all a grammarian.
On one occasion my teacher called me up to write down the simple words "walking about in sleep, but instead I wrote down th word SOMNABOLISM. my teacher cautioned me of my use of big words but I paid no heed.
On the second occasion he called me up to write down the simple words "doublemindedness and forgetfulness ", but instead I wrote down the words DUBLICITY AND OBLIVION... again my teacher cautioned me of my use of big words, but i paid no heed..
On the third occasion, he called me up again to write down the simple words "time and the ringing of bell � , but instead, I wrote down the words EPOCH AND TIN TIN AMBULATION.
At this point in time, my teacher grew very furious, he gave me twelve (12) strong lashes of the cane on my bare-behind which I will never forget.
So ladies and gentlemen, I urge you all to stop the use of big words because if I start the use of big words, you won't be able to understand what I would be saying.

BY PROMULGATING YOUR EXOTIC CATEGALICIANS, AND ARTICULATING YOUR SUPERSTITIOUS SENTIMENTALITY, BEWARE OF PLATTITUDE PENDEROSITIES, LET ALL EXTENPORAL PROPENSITY, BECAUSE AN UNPEMIDATED EXPECTANCE HAS AN INTELLIGIBLE VORACIOUS VERACITY, POMPOUS PROXIMITY, VERBOSITY AND RAPIDITY. In other words, say what you mean, and mean what you say to avoid BOMBASTIC EXPRESSION... Thank you....

. Valentina Sampson
. 21st June 2019
Re: Bombastic Expression by Oyinlicious(f): 5:57am On Jun 21, 2019
Nice write-up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Fiction Writer / Make Good Sales On Okadabooks / White Man In Town (chapter Fourteen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.