Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome (18055 Views)

Yusuf Bichi Lobbying To Be Nigerian Ambassador To Saudi Arabia After Retirement / Nigeria Elections Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency – NDI/IRI / 2023: I’ll Cease To Be Nigerian If Tinubu Becomes President – Bode Georg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Antoeni(m): 5:30am On Jun 21, 2019
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Chief Mike Ozekhome, has described the just released report on the last presidential and National Assembly elections by the EU Observer Group, The International Republican Institute and the National Democratic Institute, as a damning case of deep-seated corruption in Nigeria.

Ozekhome, who said he was embarrassed to be a Nigerian, alleged that corruption has not only eaten deep into just the electoral process, but also into the entire moral fabric of the society.

“Cancerous and leprous corruption, especially within government circles and among those opportunistic few who control the levers of power and means of production and distribution of scarce national resources, has completely eroded our national ethos and cherished moral values and elevated mediocrity and hypocrisy to high heavens.”

The human rights activist said the electoral process has been horrifically bastardised, monetised, militarised and privatised by the rulers, elite and their prostituting collaborators and allies, both local and international, who see politics as a full time profession and a ‘do-or-die’ and ‘winners-take-all’ occupation.

“The 2019 elections were probably the worst in the electoral history of Nigeria, killing more people and causing more incalculable casualties than any election in Nigerian history,” he claimed.

He alleged that aside the uncontrolled and uncontrollable activities of the Boko Haram insurgents and rampaging herdsmen and the genocidal killings recorded during the three-year Nigerian-Biafran civil war progrom, no event has recorded more mindless cold-blooded killings on Nigeria as did the last elections.

“The Nigerian Situation Room, leading local election observers and monitoring groups, also passed the same damning verdict over the last presidential election that suffered acute lack of integrity, transparency, credibility fairness, freedom and acceptability. The incumbent government was so desperate to win at all costs since it had no credible or viable record of performance to rely on that it threw caution to the wind and militarised the entire elections to its advantage.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/iri-ndi-eu-reports-im-embarrassed-to-be-nigerian-ozekhome/

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Ijawdefender: 5:34am On Jun 21, 2019
2019 election is a sham,but so is 2015. That of 2015 only seems to be credible,because the incumbent accepted defeat. Or do people think Nigerians has forgotton what happened in Kano,Lagos,Rivers,Akwa-Ibom. Jonathan let go doesn't mean the election was credible.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by deomelo: 5:34am On Jun 21, 2019
lol @ ipob embarrassed to be a Nigerian.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by dokiOloye(m): 5:35am On Jun 21, 2019
Even all these "We don't have server".
Tomorrow, "we have a server but we didn't use it".
Its a pismal dismal.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by aolawale025: 5:58am On Jun 21, 2019
Its a shame. Going backwards instead of making progress.
That's reason majority of the youth are fleeing abroad

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by helinues: 6:12am On Jun 21, 2019
Pdp's lawyer... Not surprised

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Antoeni(m): 6:17am On Jun 21, 2019
One of the Most Corrupt SAN in History

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by princechurchill(m): 6:32am On Jun 21, 2019
Antoeni:

Oga he humiliates ur principals in the court room

I guess Festus Kenyamo Otobo is your saint Michel

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by grandstar(m): 6:39am On Jun 21, 2019
Obviously upset that PDP (Atiku) lost the election. undecided

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by nony43(m): 6:42am On Jun 21, 2019
Being a Nigerian is abysmally frustrating in this so called next level

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by HisMajesty1(m): 6:43am On Jun 21, 2019
Story! 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections were worse but of course he wasn't ashamed then because the party he was loyal to won. Mike Ozekhome is partisan, just like Keyamo is, I just wish they both could stop trying to speak on Nigeria's issues with a neutral mien.

14 Likes

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by BeijinDossier: 6:43am On Jun 21, 2019
I am very sure the court will do the right thing and restore the mandate of Atiku

2 Likes

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by tesppidd: 6:44am On Jun 21, 2019
These PDP people sef!

When you steal from a thief, it is often very difficult for them to accept it. E dey pain am well well..

All the time I just sit and imagine to myself how a PDP member or anything that supports PDP could cry about rigging.

And i am like, una see how e dey pain now abi?

9 Likes

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by EternalYouth(m): 6:44am On Jun 21, 2019
why this hypocrite is talking like a saint. The report indicted almost all the politicians in all the major parties, included Atiku your principal. Just stop the crocodile tears! The reports indeed commended the INEC for the high performance despite the corrupts practices of the politicians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by FunkyAlhaji2015: 6:44am On Jun 21, 2019
Someone else should be talking not Mike Ozekhome. When his right hand man conducted the worst election known to man in 2011, everything was fine despite international observers reservations.

His complaining because he no longer has access to the national cake

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:45am On Jun 21, 2019
Nigeria is a sham even!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by GodSaklek(m): 6:46am On Jun 21, 2019
The country is a wack, nothing can never ever work, maybe we should try a regional government maybe things can change, but if it doesn't then we should go our separate ways,we think maybe hausas and fulanis are a fool yet they have infiltrate every section, they have hijacked power away from us,before I don't want Nigeria to disintegrate but now I want yorubas to have their own country, the issue of this country is getting out of hands,sde what we have reduced to as a country around the world,ordinary Togo are chasing Nigerians out of their country, it's finished for this country, the only things we know is to carry Bible and Quran up and down,I wanted to come to Nigeria by December , but I don't think i will never ever set my foot there again with wat am seeing .... Nonsense

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Isobug: 6:47am On Jun 21, 2019
INEC, Where is your server?

3 Likes

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Sunny042(m): 6:48am On Jun 21, 2019
it was chaotic, as a PO in the north, they tormented we the corpers there with irregularities and what have you..

5 Likes

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by martineverest(m): 6:49am On Jun 21, 2019
just look at this lawyer of corruption talking... hypocrites

he is one of the beneficiaries of corrupt system

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by tstx(m): 6:50am On Jun 21, 2019
Nothing concern Buhari...

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature (09011639568)
Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by tunwumi: 6:51am On Jun 21, 2019
How
Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Holybwoy: 6:57am On Jun 21, 2019
G
Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by sleemomymy: 6:58am On Jun 21, 2019
IF HE IS ASHAMED OF BEING A NIGERIAN. HE SHOULD USE THIRD MAIN- LAND BRIDGE AS SKIPPING ROPE. LOl.................... cool cool

4 Likes

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2019
Hmm
Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Greenback: 7:03am On Jun 21, 2019
FunkyAlhaji2015:
Someone else should be talking not Mike Ozekhome. When his right hand man conducted the worst election known to man in 2011, everything was fine despite international observers reservations.

His complaining because he no longer has access to the national cake

2011,the worst?
You a such a big liar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Greenback: 7:04am On Jun 21, 2019
sleemomymy:
IF HE IS ASHAMED OF BEING A NIGERIAN. HE SHOULD USE THIRD MAIN- LAND BRIDGE AS SKIPPING ROPE. LOl.................... cool cool

No sense made

3 Likes

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by CHIGIM: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2019
Antoeni:
he is not one of the corrupted San but the most corrupt of them all and a thief

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by Urchman200: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2019
Ayoefa:
The retarded brainwashed ipob Biafuro monkey is ashamed to be a Nigerian? Well, you are not a Nigerian, you are a citizen of Biafuro.
The level of hypocrisy in Nigeria is staggering, the election of 2019 is not different from all the other elections that I have participated in Nigeria. In 2015 , Jonathan was dashing out money like water, there was so much violence in Rivers that so many had their heads chopped off. Even in Lagos OPC was working for Jona-daft by using violence to on Ikorodu road and other places. I was at the polling booth were pdp was buying votes in the open. Nothing happened in 2019 that did not happen in 2015 except that pdp lost again when they thought they could out rigged the Apc.
but Buhari won ,do u think Buhari will lose then if he was Jonathan?we she continue in our support oooo.
Re: IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:12am On Jun 21, 2019
I can feel his pain, only God knows how much contract money that would have enter his account or even AGF appointment under PDP govt. if you that's well to do is embarrassed to be a Nigerian, what about we the common Nigerians?

I'm more embarrassed that I was created on earth to be a Nigerian, to make the matter worse my parent no japa when their friends left in the 80's. Nigeria is a mess country

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari: I Want APC To Remain In Power For A Long Time / Bawa Is Hale And Hearty - EFCC Issues Statement On Chairman's Collapse / BREAKING: APC’s Aregbesola Wins Osun Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.