Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! (1489 Views)

Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) / Teamapt Nigeria Limited Is A Scamming Organisation / HELP! Who Will Help Us Track These Banks Account Details Scamming Up And Down??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:20am On Jun 21, 2019
I mailed an item from uk to nigeria through dhl on 9th june the estimated delivery date is 13th june 2019, the items in the package are one nokia 6.1 iphone 6 plus and iphone 7,

I belived my package arrived in lagos on 11 or 12th, as item that is supposed to be delivered to me in abuja on 13th jun as estimated, I didn't get any email or call regarding this item from dhl company on 14th, and there was no reply from them until 17th after tracking I was told my item was intercepted by nigeria custom, and has been going through clearance that it will be completed on 19th june 2019, at last it didn't work until 20th june 2019, the result o the over rigged election that was not announced on the proposed day finally out.custom duty including DHL admin fee and storage fee all summed too N50,000 for item total cost is N80,000 that's item total cost plus DHL 50GB pounds cost of shipping.

this issue is fresh and ongoing and I am using this thread to warn you to stay off this scammers..DHL

I understand that they open the content and do a course on the item to know the worth the current cost in the market and to know how to put the subject which is me in the middle and push the panic button,

If it takes 7 days to do custom clearance of 3 cellphones, it must be a schooling and going to church or the three cellphones must be in three 40ft containers.

1 Like

Re: DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! by chumakk: 8:23am On Jun 21, 2019
This happened to my neighbor. They will use custom and drug agency to extort money from you.
Re: DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:28am On Jun 21, 2019
chumakk:
This happened to my neighbor. They will use custom and drug agency to extort money from you.

fedex did exactly same thing to me not up to 2 months ago! I went through hell to get it paid off..

if nigerian custom impound your item, the information should be found in thier websites, but how come its only in dhl website..?
Re: DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! by polymaths(m): 10:20am On Jun 21, 2019
That is why I love buying from Local market. No quality phones that you can not find in Nigeria . if you can afford it. No dhl, FedEx or ups and custom wahala.
Re: DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! by bikerboy1(m): 11:28am On Jun 21, 2019
They tried the same poo with me, but I stood my ground and didn't give them a dime.

My passport and some travel documents was sent from an embassy in SA through them.
When the parcel got to their office in my location, they gave me a call to come and pick it up with an ID, which I brought along.
On getting to their office, they started probing and asking some stupid questions. Who sent...., why did they send...., what is inside....,
The drug enforcement and customs have to scan the documents for security reasons.
I said okay they should go ahead and scan, I'm waiting.
They took it inside after sometime, they brought it out again.
And asked me to open the envelope which I gladly did.
They took my passport opened it and saw Visa inside it.
Long story short...
They asked me to settle them and go...
Out of annoyance I said I don't have any money to settle them, if they are done checking they should give me my documents let me go.

My next plan was to call the embassy in SA to report that they refused to give me my docs and that they are demanding for extra money.

Reluctantly they gave me back my documents and I left.

Most of them are opportunists and greedy. They want to extort you by all possible means.
Re: DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! by mrcoolautofix(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2019
bikerboy1:
They tried the same poo with me, but I stood my ground and didn't give them a dime.

My passport and some travel documents was sent from an embassy in SA through them.
When the parcel got to their office in my location, they gave me a call to come and pick it up with an ID, which I brought along.
On getting to their office, they started probing and asking some stupid questions. Who sent...., why did they send...., what is inside....,
The drug enforcement and customs have to scan the documents for security reasons.
I said okay they should go ahead and scan, I'm waiting.
They took it inside after sometime, they brought it out again.
And asked me to open the envelope which I gladly did.
They took my passport opened it and saw Visa inside it.
Long story short...
They asked me to settle them and go...
Out of annoyance I said I don't have any money to settle them, if they are done checking they should give me my documents let me go.

My next plan was to call the embassy in SA to report that they refused to give me my docs and that they are demanding for extra money.

Reluctantly they gave me back my documents and I left.

Most of them are opportunists and greedy. They want to extort you by all possible means.

they are demanding for N50,000 as a duty for nokia 6.1 plus that cost around N84,000 ON JUMIA but nigerian custom said they didn't hold my item..
Re: DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! by mrcoolautofix(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2019
mrcoolautofix:

they are demanding for N50,000 as a duty for nokia 6.1 plus that cost around N84,000 ON JUMIA but nigerian custom said they didn't hold my item..
but it wont happen I wished I am in lagos, am sure you will see me on 6 pm new cos I will create a reality tv show.

sad that everyone in nigeria is now turning to yahoo in another diamension.

1 Like

Re: DHL is Now A Scamming Tool, Shipers Beware! by Viking007(m): 7:25am On Apr 24, 2021
mrcoolautofix:
but it wont happen I wished I am in lagos, am sure you will see me on 6 pm new cos I will create a reality tv show.

sad that everyone in nigeria is now turning to yahoo in another diamension.
Hi, please how did you go about resolving this?? DHL is currently asking me to pay N151,978. for 2 iPhones and 1 blackberry phone, all used from UK. Like I don't understand, how much does it cost to clear a car?

https://www.nairaland.com/6520803/avoid-using-dhl-own-sanity#101054470

(1) (Reply)

How to get a Police Clearance Certificate – Nigeria / 25 Billion Naira Capitalisation Of Banks In Nigeria / I Need An Exporter Of Ginger Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.