Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,668 members, 7,840,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court (23370 Views)

Oyegun: Jonathan Not Among Screened Presidential Aspirants / 2023 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan Not Declaring - Reno Omokri / Ebenezer Babatope: I Asked Jonathan Not To Hand Over To Buhari In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Bewiseedet(m): 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
eakenbor:
Then why can't the court summon the former president to come testify as a witness for or against that assertion?
even i u summon him he will not come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Doyin2(m): 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
Goodluck Jonathan deserves trial for corruption.
.Is the N400m his personal money?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by igwefivestar(m): 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
ITbomb:
He asked the court to check all transactions carried out under the N400m,

So what is stopping the court from checking how the money was spent and save us all this media drama
abi o!
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by wirinet(m): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lanre4uonly:
National assignment(s)?
The list of the national assignment(s) ought to be mentioned by him so as to back up his claim.
Abeg ask him if the national assignment was budgeted for by the national assembly, and ask him how the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party was given national assignment instead of party assignment.
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by wirinet(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
Oghidi:
A then governor built a house worth of 12 billion naira and he was not interogated, 400m to 12b is what? Corruption in d highest order... Live this guys alone we know d truth of this country none of the so called head in any of the governmental agency is free. I have Signed out jare
You better apply to be his lawyer and give this argument in court. Maybe the judge might just find him innocent because he "stole" or laundered N400 when another person was laundering N12 billion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by BENEAMATA: 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
jonathan paid you a then equivalent of $2000,000 from his personal money to handle a project / task best known to you on behalf of the federal republic of nigeria ? his own money ? anyway , matter in court for now.by the way please , how much is the president's salary in four plus two years ?
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by charlycharles(m): 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
eakenbor:
Then why can't the court summon the former president to come testify as a witness for or against that assertion?
Go n summon Him nah. Abokki
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by ejimatic: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
silverbirdng:
A former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh, Thursday told the Federal High Court in Abuja that the N400m alleged money laundering was paid to him by former President, Goodluck Jonathan.

He, therefore, denied that it was given to him by the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd).

Metuh explained that Jonathan paid him the money to execute some National assignment for the Federal Government.

Giving evidence on behalf of his company, Dextra Investment Ltd which is the second defendant in the suit and the account where the N400m was paid into, the ex-spokesperson of the PDP told Justice Okon Abang that he could not consider the money for act of any unlawful purpose because it came from the then president.

Metuh recalled that he held a meeting with Jonathan where various issues and challenges facing the country were discussed and, it was on the basis that Jonathan made the N400m available to him to carry out the national assignment.

Further, that the money could not have been for an unlawful purpose because he was helping and contributing to stabilizing the then government because then-president Jonathan was elected on the PDP platform.

Metuh specifically dismissed allegations that the money was channelled to him through Dasuki. “I did not receive any money from Col. Sambo Dasuki. Dasuki represents one of the finest and most brilliant military officers ever produced in the Nigerian military. He has had a distinguished career, served a lot of government and finally served as National Security Adviser for this country, under former president Jonathan.

“Up till May 29, 2015, no individual or group had ever questioned Dasiki’s integrity not to talk of been charged or arrested for any unlawful act. I am not aware of any criminal charge against Dasuki or any unlawful act until we lost government in 2015.

“As I am talking on oath before this court now, I can say categorically that Dasuki has not been interrogated, charged or convicted for any act relating to me and my company.

“The N400m was paid into my account by the then president and I did not conceal or disguise the money and it was not transferred out of jurisdiction”.

It was on this premise, he also urged the court to take a look into the list of disbursement carried out in cash and in cheques.

Metuh also dismissed the insinuation that the N400 million was meant to fund the PDP. He, however, disclosed that at the period under review, the PDP was rich to the tune of N33bn, with N12bn generated from sales of nomination forms and N21bn raked from fundraising.

But Justice Abang adjourned the matter to June 24, 25 and 26 for further cross-examination.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/ex-president-jonathan-not-dasuki-gave-n400m-metuh-tells-court/
That was how they wasted 16 years with corruption and treasury looting.They later came back with economic solutions of Nigeria's problem in 2019 election. The tears of the masses will make their end more worst. than their beginning and all the loots will vanish in their eyes....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by j1mmy: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
EFCC is for yahoo boys stealing penny penny not for criminals who loot the treasury!
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Icon79(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nigeria is definitely not mature enough to be an independent country. A country where the President can put hands in the treasury and disburse N400m at his whims. In the United States, the President can't spend a penny without a congressional authorization!

The best thing that can happen to Nigeria is to be colonized by the United States, Canada, or Germany. Or else, Nigeria will remain the zoo forever - Zoological Republic of Nigeria!

O pari

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
ERockson:
This Metu will jail GEJ at all cost. Remembered he called him as a witness the other time. Trust Igbo at your peril

Is metuh ibo?
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Born2Breed(f): 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nonsense and ingredient.

Still waiting to hear what two bullion vans was doing at Tinubu house during election period ....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by texazzpete(m): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
ITbomb:

So what is stopping the court from checking how the money was spent and save us all this media drama

You think it is legal for the President to give a private individual 400m of Taxpayers funds?

Why do you think Metuh keeps mentioning GEJ? He knows GEJ has been given de facto immunity by PMB, so he's a safer subject to rope in than Dasuki
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Geometrix(m): 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=texazzpete post=79553048]

You think it is legal for the President to give a private individual 400m of Taxpayers funds?

Why do you think Metuh keeps mentioning GEJ? He knows GEJ has been given de facto immunity by PMB, so he's a safer subject to rope in than Dasuki
[/quote

it's not what you or anyone thinks, it is outcome of the presidential system of government we practice in Nigeria and in particular reference; the security vote that the president is authorised to spend without any check and balance
I bet you what the current government under president buhari in its re election is no where that sum
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Geometrix(m): 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
texazzpete:

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Geometrix(m): 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
I am of the opinion that if we desire a change, then let it be holistic. The current government is spent and are still spending money outside the appropriation bill because of the weakness of our laws.
I expect the APC government in fulfilment of the change/next level they promised us to pursue/abolish the security vote of a thing both at the federal and state level instead of witch hunting the previous actors of the last government while they are committing the same crime/corruption presently.
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Ghokes(m): 11:29am On Jun 22, 2019
The court needed to have asked Olisa Metuh if he held any federal appointments back then that he would be asked to carry out national security assistance
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by seunmsg(m): 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
ITbomb:

Before checking how the money was spent, he should first tell us the nature of the National assignment Jonathan paid him for. We are also interested in seeing a copy of the contract award letter, contract agreement and the certificate of no objection from BPP. If he can produce all these documents, we can then start talking about how the money was expended on the “national assignment”.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by deomelo: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2019
Unigrad:
The national assignment nor get name?
Since the money was given to you for national assignment, why not mention it for us to hear.

Presidents shouldn't be handing over public funds to private political parties for National assignments. Political parties are private entities and they shouldn't be anywhere near public funds or conducting any national assignment on behalf of Nigerians.

This is how these thoughtless, crooked and corrupt people blatantly insult our collective intelligence.

very laughable and sad at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Handover Of Electoral Materials In Ibadan / Olusegun Mimiko Visits Fayose In Ekiti State (Photos) / Okonjo Iweala’s Village Groans After 7 Years Without Electricity Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.