Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool (999 Views)

Patoranking Builds Mini Football Stadium In Lagos / Onyi Echegini Wins Award For The Best Player In US Women's University Football / Best Football Stadium In Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool by codekanle(m): 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
It rained so much at Western Michigan University that its football stadium turned into a swimming pool

It rained so much at Western Michigan University that its football stadium turned into a swimming pool
By Erin Davis and Brandon Griggs, CNN

Posted at 2035 GMT (0435 HKT) June 20, 2019

Heavy rains flooded Western Michigan University's football stadium early Thursday.
Heavy rains flooded Western Michigan University's football stadium early Thursday.
(CNN) — Rainy days are all fun and games until a football stadium looks like it should be hosting a sailboat race.
Buckets of rain overnight in Kalamazoo, Michigan, turned Western Michigan University's Waldo Stadium into a muddy lake by Thursday morning.
The floodwaters overwhelmed the campus drainage system and water began to fill the football stadium, nearby baseball stadium and surrounding parking lots. To protect nearby buildings from damage, the football's field pumps were shut off Thursday morning -- hence, the stadium pool -- said WMU spokeswoman Paula Davis.
A university staffer posted pictures of the flooded gridiron to Facebook, adding, "Waldo stadium can start holding rowing competitions."

By Erin Davis and Brandon Griggs, CNN

Posted at 2035 GMT (0435 HKT) June 20, 2019

(CNN) — Rainy days are all fun and games until a football stadium looks like it should be hosting a sailboat race.
Buckets of rain overnight in Kalamazoo, Michigan, turned Western Michigan University's Waldo Stadium into a muddy lake by Thursday morning.
The floodwaters overwhelmed the campus drainage system and water began to fill the football stadium, nearby baseball stadium and surrounding parking lots. To protect nearby buildings from damage, the football's field pumps were shut off Thursday morning -- hence, the stadium pool -- said WMU spokeswoman Paula Davis.

A university staffer posted pictures of the flooded gridiron to Facebook, adding, "Waldo stadium can start holding rowing competitions."
The National Weather Service issued a flood advisory Thursday morning for Kalamazoo, updating it to a flood warning by the afternoon. As many as 4 inches of rain fell on the city, the NWS said, and by the looks of the small lake in Waldo Stadium, the entire area may have looked like a waterlogged sponge.
Similar flooding happened at the stadium in October 2017, canceling a game between the Western Michigan University Broncos and the Zips of the University of Akron.
Thankfully, no sporting events were scheduled for WMU's stadium this week, although the school probably faces a major cleanup operation.
Davis said the situation was under control by Thursday afternoon.
"At 11 am we turned the pumps back on and we are lowering the water in the stadium," she told CNN in an email. "You can now see the fields."

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/06/20/us/western-michigan-football-stadium-flooding-trnd/index.html?utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_content=2019-06-21T03%3A00%3A26&r=https%3A%2F%2Fl.facebook.com%2F

Re: Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool by netpro(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
If this is Nigeria, insults will flying up and down online.
Re: Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool by ajapz(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
God is indeed wonderful.. Sometimes i dey imagine how these galloons of water are being heard up in the sky.
Re: Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool by Andersonjr(m): 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
NFL football pitch
Re: Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool by Olorunnim: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
ajapz:
God is indeed wonderful.. Sometimes i dey imagine how these galloons of water are being heard up in the sky.
You wouldn't understand if you keep attributing Everything to God
Re: Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool by ajapz(m): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
Olorunnim:
You wouldn't understand if you keep attributing Everything to God

Should i attribute it to Devil angry angry
Re: Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool by simonlee(m): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
ajapz:

Should i attribute it to Devil angry angry
Attribute it to Amadioha!

go school una no gree grin

Re: Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool by simonlee(m): 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
ajapz:
They are ''heard'' up in the sky by Sango!

Afonja!!! grin

Re: Western Michigan University Football Stadium Turned Swimming pool by ajapz(m): 8:45am On Jun 25, 2019
simonlee:

Attribute it to Amadioha!

go school una no gree grin
Mumu!! grin
If e reach to toss a beautiful girl, u go attribute am to God but because its weather u want to show urself that u actually went to secondary school.
You still dey wear pant dey run around the street When i left the four walls of the university. I'm also science inclined, so i don't need u to teach me about Condensation.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking : Juventus Have Officially Signed Matthijs De Ligt InA Deal Worth £67.5 / Get Betting App That Cost Almost 40k To 50 On Playstore For Less Than 2k / Save A Dying Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.