Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). (7340 Views)

Who Can Write A Good SOP (statement Of Purpose) For School Admission? / Guide To Writing Visa Sop (statement Of Purpose). / How To Write A Personal Statement Or Statement Of Purpose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
Standard and meaningful visa SOP example is hard to find these days. All you get is some copy pasted and repeated stuff in each SOP samples you find on the internet. I personally went through hundreds of visa sop samples but couldn’t find anything different in all of them.

Visa SOP is the most crucial part of your student visa application and visa officers are highly interested in reading your honest statement of purpose. So, if you copy paste content from someone else’s visa SOP, then they will figure out it really well. I get this question asked a lot: how to write a statement of purpose? I will explain.

2 Likes

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
I will begin by introducing what SOP really is, and why it is important to your visa application.

The full form of SOP is “Statement of Purpose”.

SOP simply means stating your purpose for your student visa application.

Visa SOP (Statement of Purpose) is all about sharing your experiences and giving a firm statement and/or a reason why you are eligible for any particular country where you want to study. So, my experiences and your experiences and reasons won’t be the same as yours and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
Writing an SOP is all about you introducing yourself as a qualified visa candidate, who should be allowed into a particular country, proving your point about why you are perfect fit for their country and why their country is perfect fit for you.

Be honest and pour out all of your passion in writing that one paragraph. That one paragraph can change your life. Don’t take it lightly. Don’t take it for granted.

In order to write straight to the point SOP, first off, list down the things you want to write in one piece of paper. Then, start explaining those points in quite professional and convincing manner.

2 Likes

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by kajoula(m): 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
Good Insight

2 Likes

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
Updated list

Why you would like to study in this Country?

What are your educational goals?

Why have you not chosen to study in your homeland?

How will this program benefit your employment opportunities in your own land?

What are the ties you have in your home country?

If you’ve been out of school for more than 2 years, provide your resume: this should not be a problem, especially to our graduates.

Add job experience and possible reasons for your study gaps.

Speak about what selling factor lead you to choose this specific university (facilities, infrastructure etc.)

If possible, mention a professor or two that you know of and compliment their works.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 8:28am On Jun 22, 2019
In order to write a straight to the point SOP, you should first list down the things you wish to point out in one paper. Then, start writing out the information in a convincing and professional manner; we can assist you to restructure it, if you find this difficult.

1 Like

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2019
Just a click (action) can tremendously affect your life beyond your imagination.

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 11:55am On Jun 22, 2019
SOPWriter:

Firstly, I will not want to state our problems without the root cause; specifically, biasness is attributed to most living things, even other lower animals. Despite the reward obtained through this act, there are indirect harms it feeds us with. Definitely, you will be wondering how that applies to your Canadian Visa application! Oh, my friend, it does apply to everything you do….. You just have not discovered it yet and I will be glad to reveal this to you.
In the post I emboldened earlier, there are two objects (Inability to evaluate and see through the mirror) that explain where our troubles are coming from: these two works together and could be, taken to be identical, however, there exist a disparity firmly resisting their articulation, but above all, our attitude of prejudice needs to be laid aside.
To clarify, I will speak on each object:

INABILITY TO EVALUATE
Our problem, specifically attributed to this part of the world, is that we do things based on luck; we believe in doing our imaginable best while we leave the best to God, you feel should never rest (sounds funny or harsh), let us try embrace the truth sometimes. Before applying for your visa, you are expected to know all requirements and makes sure you meet it: basically, focusing on f1: you should have a current admission, financial ability (available balance and assets that assures steady income), a statement of purpose that answer all necessary questions about you and your goals, reason for country, course, and school.
To summarize, once you have this, you can proceed to your application but that still does not mean you are qualified, until you “see yourself through the mirror”.

SEEING YOURSELF THROUGH THE MIRROR
When you look at yourself through that mirror, all you see is an image that reflects your physical structure, in contrast, when the image is broken, you see yourself in different point; the broken mirror picks and reflect the body part that faces it: when applying for your visa, you need to see yourself as that beast of a VO, who is looking for every slight opportunity to deny you, with this in mind:
1) You will not contradict yourself in your IMM form.
2) You will not fill your IMM form accurately and write something slightly different in your SOP.
3) You will not change your career path and never state it in your SOP
4) You will not submit an insufficient available balance, hoping for miracle.
5) Your CV will be identical with your IMM form.
6) You will not state unnecessary things that will raise eye ball while writing your SOP.
7) Your letter of intent will specifically explains your intention.
8 Your financial breakdown will not contradict your statement.
9) You will not make funny mistake that will question your already acquired degree certificate.
10) Your will not question your purpose of visit (depict immigration).
I have taken my time to provide this with the best of my knowledge, and from my perception about people’s cases and experience, and I hope you will learn from this write up. I am not a traveling agent, but a writing services provider. Notwithstanding, I consider this necessary to enlighten my fellow Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by Pkay28(f): 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
SOPWriter:
Updated list

Why you would like to study in this Country?

What are your educational goals?

Why have you not chosen to study in your homeland?

How this program will benefit your employment opportunities in your own land?

What tied do you have to your home country?

If you’ve been out of school for more than 2 years, provide your resume: this should not be a problem, especially to our graduates

Add job experience and possible reasons for your study gaps.

Speak about what selling factor lead you to choose this specific university (facilities, infrastructure etc.)

If possible, mention a professor or two that you know of and compliment their work.

Nice one SOP writer. Thank you for doing this.
Please in the SOP, is it necessary to state the study gaps there or in the LOE or the Resume? Thank you
Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
Pkay28:

Nice one SOP writer. Thank you for doing this.
Please in the SOP, is it necessary to state the study gaps there or in the LOE or the Resume? Thank you
Yes, it is important.
In addition, you should brand yourself by stating what you've been doing. It could be training, employment, or voluntary community service.
However, either of the two (SOP or LOE) could bear this. You just need to avoid repetition of points.

3 Likes

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by Pkay28(f): 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
SOPWriter:

Yes, it is important.
In addition, you should brand yourself by stating what you've been doing. It could be training, employment, or voluntary community assistance.
However, either of the two (SOP or LOE) can bear this, you just need to avoid repetition of one single point.

Thank you so much for this, you're greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
Pkay28:

Thank you so much for this, you're greatly appreciated.
You're welcome!

1 Like

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 7:45am On Jun 29, 2019
Measures that should be taken while drafting a SOP include:

The main reason behind choosing the target course should be defined clearly.

What were the subjects that made the students opt for the particular course?

Are you part of any activity that would further increase your knowledge of the course that you have chosen?

Why have you chosen this particular university? What attracted you to it?

1 Like

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by Pkay28(f): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2019
SOPWriter:
There are certain measures that the students must take while writing a statement of purposes which are:

The main reason behind choosing the target course should be defined clearly.

What were the subjects that made the students opt for the particular course?

Are you part of any activity that would further increase your knowledge of the course that you have chosen?

Why have you chosen this particular university? What attracted you to it?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by nicerichard05: 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2019
what is the diff between SOP and LOE
Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
nicerichard05:
what is the diff between SOP and LOE
The theme of a SOP is geared towards the first time visa applicants. In this case, the applicant will more likely talk about how the advance studies is going to complement past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope. In addition, various other topics will be addressed such as capability to finance your studies and living cost, why particular program, why Canada, why particular institution, etc.

The theme of a LOE is geared more towards the re-applicants (whose visa application was earlier rejected). In this case, the applicant will start first-half of the letter by explaining what went wrong in previous applications and on what ground it was rejected. It should also include the way you have been able to address the previous problem in your preceding application.

1 Like

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
SOPWriter:

The theme of a SOP is geared towards the first time visa applicants. In this case, the applicant will more likely talk about how the advance studies is going to complement past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope. In addition, various other topics will be addressed such as capability to finance your studies and living cost, why particular program, why Canada, why particular institution, etc.

The theme of a LOE is geared more towards the re-applicants (whose visa application was earlier rejected). In this case, the applicant will start first-half of the letter by explaining what went wrong in previous applications and on what ground it was rejected. It should also include the way you have been able to address the previous problem in your preceding application.

@ nicerichard05, Kindly inform me if you have any more question.
Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by nicerichard05: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
SOPWriter:

OK THANK. I AMA ACTUALLY A FIRST TIME APPLICANT AND I HAVE WRITTEN AN LOE. SHOULD I CHANGE THE TITLE TO SOP?
KINDLY SEND ME UR EMAIL. SO I CAN SEND U MY LOE
Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
nicerichard05:

OK THANK. I AMA ACTUALLY A FIRST TIME APPLICANT AND I HAVE WRITTEN AN LOE. SHOULD I CHANGE THE TITLE TO SOP?
KINDLY SEND ME UR EMAIL. SO I CAN SEND U MY LOE
It depends on what you have written in your SOP. if it contains information that are supposed to be in your SOP then you can go ahead.
You can send me a PM via Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
SOPWriter:
WRITING YOUR STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Although there are multiple ways to demonstrate passion throughout your statement of purpose, it helps to always take an enthusiastic tone when writing about your experiences. Don’t mention anything negative in your statement of purpose, such as a poor mentor, a graduate student who mistreated you, or a nasty grant application reviewer. In addition, don’t speak badly of any collaborators, as it reflects poorly on you and the collaborator may even have a relationship with the individuals reviewing your application. You also shouldn’t complain about applying a faulty method to your experiments or creations. And of course, you don’t want to complain about difficulties with your work that might show you are not committed and easily give up. Just stay positive and share your excitement for the journey that led you to graduate school.

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by temmysammy: 8:19am On Aug 03, 2019
this is a nice write up, am a first time applicant, sir are u saying LOE is for re-applicant ?
Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2019
temmysammy:
this is a nice write up, am a first time applicant, sir are u saying LOE is for re-applicant ?
Absolutely!
Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 8:45am On Aug 29, 2019
SOPWriter:
I have decided to take my time to correct the rife practices of my fellow countrymen, regarding the common mistakes they make in their statement of purpose: I have reviewed much numbers of SOP and I could discern what is ubiquitous, therefore the necessity I have laid on myself for this selfless address. Aside the tips I have benevolently stated on this forum, I see the need to be of adequate assistance to as much as possible numbers of persons who will appreciate this kindness, by adhering to these corrections.
So, I will list out these ‘common mistakes’, then point out the bloopers:

UNNCESSARY PIECE OF INFORMATION: Although this is not only practiced among Nigerians (I have sighted this fault in other nationality citizens as well.); we tend to state things that are completely irrelevant to our application. A Nairalander once sent me his SOP, before he did; he was bravado of his piece, saying he only needed me to see how good he was. To cut the long story short, he sent me his SOP, and I was flabbergasted to see “I own an apple laptop valued $1,000, two iphones that worth $500 each, making $2,000. U of R is a good school, as they will help me look for Job when I graduate with first class. Canada is a good place where you earn a good standard of living, unlike Nigeria, where people live in poverty”. I stared for ten seconds, especially after considering how he had boasted of his SOP. “My people”, learn to stay on point, stop stating things that have nothing to do with your studies!

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE LENGTH BUT THE VALUE OF INFORMATION: This is mostly applicable to Nairalanders (the guy I used as an example above made use of 3 pages), you will hear something like “I wrote a superb SOP of 4 pages, three thousand words”, and when you read through their SOP; all you will see are piece of information that will shoot them in the leg: it is the value of details that matters, and not the lengthiness of a written/typed piece.

WRONG USAGE OF GRAMMERS: it could be funny sometimes while reading some SOP; many applicants turn to overnight Grammarians; then starts filling up their SOP with words that is completely inapplicable in a writing context; wrong usage of words, bad grammatical structure, counterfactual spellings, etc. They completely forget they could be communicating with a native speaker who might be familiar with these words and get irritated: Use the words you are familiar with, grammars are not mandatory, effective communication is.

I took 30 minutes of my precious time to write this short piece, and I hope it assist someone to attain his/her goal.

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by tosiiNO: 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hello please can I pm you? [quote author=SOPWriter post=81715412][/quote]
Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2019
tosiiNO:
Hello please can I pm you?
We are always at your service!
Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by SOPWriter: 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
Josh Writing Services

Re: Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:27am On May 08, 2023
Are you finding it exhausting to put together your application/admission documents? Put your worries aside. At PatPhil Nigeria, our skilled experts provide you with the best application writing services:

• STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

• PERSONAL STATEMENT

• RESUME/CV

• LETTER OF EXPLANATION

• LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION

• ADMISSION ESSAY

• COLD EMAIL

• WAIVER REQUEST LETTER

Call/watsapp 08112658211

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State University Of Science And Technology Post Ume Date Is Out / Lol..seriously This Got Me Thinking(pics) / Ekiti Assembly Condemns Indiscriminate Sacking Of University Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.