Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

18 Killed In Fresh Zamfara Bandits Attack As Gov Jets Off To Dubai - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18 Killed In Fresh Zamfara Bandits Attack As Gov Jets Off To Dubai (256 Views)

Travelers Defeat Zamfara Bandits, Kill One, Retrieve 2 AK-47 Rifles / We Charge Zamfara Bandits N6000 For Sex Per Night - Sisters / Fresh Zamfara Attack: 42 killed, Villages Razed Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Killed In Fresh Zamfara Bandits Attack As Gov Jets Off To Dubai by EkunKekere: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2019
18 killed in yet another attack in Zamfara
June 21
17:53

Gunmen have killed 18 persons in some communities in Tsafe local government area of Zamfara state, according to Muhammad Bawa, emir of Tsafe.

The emir made the disclosure while receiving Kabir Mai-Palace, house of representatives member representing Gusau/Tsafe federal constituency, on Friday.

The emir said the attackers invaded Bamamu, Danmale and Sako communities, Thursday evening and killed 18 persons.

He added that they came with over 50 motorcycles, shooting sporadically in the air.

The emir thanked the lawmaker for the visit and his concern for his people.

Earlier, Mai-Palace had described the attack as unfortunate and worrisome.

He said: “I had earlier visited general hospital, Tsafe to sympathise with the victims who are receiving treatment.

“Security is the major area I am giving priority to, it is very disheartening the way these bandits are attacking our communities. If I go back to Abuja, I am going raise these issues in the house with the aim of finding solutions to the problems.

“As a representative of the people, I don’t have any commitment beyond the interest of my people. l am also going to present this incident to the Governor, Muhammad Matawallen-Maradun.”

The lawmaker, however, urged the people of the state to remain calm and continue with prayers to seek God’s intervention to end the problem.

The killings happened a week after 34 persons were shot dead in the state. Efforts to contain the insecurity in the state have not yielded the desired result.

On Sunday, Bello Mutawalle, the governor, announced that he would be heading to Dubai to learn ideas on tackling banditry.

https://www.thecable.ng/18-killed-in-yet-another-attack-in-zamfara

OAM4J Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: 18 Killed In Fresh Zamfara Bandits Attack As Gov Jets Off To Dubai by Nukilia: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2019
Some people will call it propaganda or lies but the sad fact is the increased level of insecurity all over the nation is alarming. How did Nigeria get to this stage?
Re: 18 Killed In Fresh Zamfara Bandits Attack As Gov Jets Off To Dubai by Nbote(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2019
First things first, Let dem enjoy d next level... Den secondly I remember d military claiming to have banned motorcycles.. I want to also believe there are military checkpoints in d state with all d deployment of personnel d govt claims is now in d state. So where do d bikes pass thru..? D air?
Re: 18 Killed In Fresh Zamfara Bandits Attack As Gov Jets Off To Dubai by Kingosytex(m): 7:15am On Jun 22, 2019
the governor jets off to dubai being very confident that no man-made attack can be fall his family because they are highly guarded spiritually, physically, economically e.t.c while the people he is meant to protect are at the mercy of the herdsmen ===> bandits, gun men...

will northern nigeria ever recover from this mess?

the answer is a capital NO!

(1) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Man Slumps, Dies While Playing Football 9 Months After His Mother / A 70 Years Old Man Has Been Arrested For Raping A 5 Years Girl / NNPC APTITUDE TEST PAST QUESTIONS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.