Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (10710 Views)

Reported Killings In Nigeria: Breakdown Of Affected States, Geopolitical Zones / Buhari, Sultan, Monarchs From 6 Geopolitical Zones Meet In Aso Rock / The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Bridget95(f): 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
tuniski:

SW is 60% Muslim only Ondo and Ekiti are majority Christians.

North central is 50:50.
Benue, plateau and Taraba are 95% Christians while kogi and Nassarawa are 50/50.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by tuniski: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Bridget95:
Benue, plateau and Taraba are 95% Christians while kogi and Nassarawa are 50/50.

Taraba is not north central but north east. However, plaateau is 70:30 christain : muslim. Benue similar pattern with plateau. Kwara,kogi and Niger are muslim majority. Nassarawa 50:50 that is about it why FCT is open to all.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by tuniski: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Bridget95:

By the way, Taraba is 65:35.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
Amanismone:
even Yoruba knows there are more Christians in south west.

In fact 5 out of 6 governors are Christians
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Adeniyii2017: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
Amanismone:
even Yoruba knows there are more Christians in south west.

In fact 5 out of 6 governors are Christians
You are right except the you can’t judge Yoruba political views based on religion. We don’t operate like that. The fact that we have 5 Christians as governor does not necessarily mean Christians are the majority. That might work in the north though.
What binds Yoruba together is not religion, it’s culture. And yes, Christians are far more than Muslims.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by TooMuchStuff: 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

You are right except the you can’t judge Yoruba political views based on religion. We don’t operate like that. The fact that we have 5 Christians as governor does not necessarily mean Christians are the majority. That might work in the north though.
What binds Yoruba together is not religion, it’s culture. And yes, Christians are far more than Muslims.

Oga that concept of what binds yoruba together is fast becoming outdated. Checkout how many Yorubas Muslims ladies marry Christians compare to how many Christian yoruba ladies marry Muslims Yorubas and what religion do the male offspring from those marriages subscribe to. You will be amazed how deceptive that concept turn out.

Don't be deceived. It's because Muslims Yorubas are noisy tiny minority who enjoy quick political empowerment from fulanis of the north Muslims that make them like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Adeniyii2017: 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Oga that concept of what binds yoruba together is fast becoming outdated. Checkout how many Yorubas Muslims ladies marry Christians compare to how many Christian yoruba ladies marry Muslims Yorubas and what religion do the male offspring from those marriages subscribe to. You will be amazed how deceptive that concept turn out.
You have a good point when it comes to marriage, it is only expected because in this part of the world, religion still plays a very strong role in marriage as a whole.
However, when it comes to political views, upbringings, associations, relationships, unions.. it has little to no effect compared to other regions. This is because we are naturally peaceful and getting more civilized. Infact, it’s even getting stronger. So the more civilized, exposed and educated you are, the more liberal you get. Which is what you see when you compare the SW or the South in general to the North. A good example is Oluremi Tinubu who happens to be a full blown pastor and her husband is a Muslim who many Imam adore. Please note, I’m not saying it’s perfect yet but we are getting.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

thank you for your honesty. But by how many percentage? For example 99% Bini's are Christians the remaining are traditionist
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by nicerichard05: 11:43am On Jul 09, 2019
Bibidear:
who told u yorubas are majorly muslims.........except u go to osun and oyo,i wont argue on that.......yorubas are majorly christians.......muslims are only many in politics,aside that....south west are majorly christians

MADAM ITS BEEN A WHILE OOO. CHAI OVER 4YRS
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2019
south west isn't 60% Muslims.

Christians are majority in Lagos, ondo,ogun and ekiti. Even in osun and oyo Christians are 40% each of the states unlike ondo and ekiti where Christians dominate.

I think you are joking In middle belt own. Christians are the majority there
Why is he joking about north central? Niger,kogi,kwara are all Muslim majority states even Nasarawa have a large number of Muslim.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
General0847:

Taraba is north east? Which LGEA school did you attend?
You for be born and bread in sambisa forest na. You are ignorant.
No,you are the ignorant one here.Taraba is a state located in North East Nigeria.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
This is pretty dumb. We should just tweet at buhari to add this on the census. Better yet we should be askikg citizenship question as well.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by adekolaelect(m): 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
Christians dominate southern Nigeria and the middle belt.

They are gradually outnumbering the Muslims in north east that's why boko haram was created.

In the next 100 years, Nigeria will be a Christian nation. We need to evangelise more and win ! more souls for God
see your life and you are the first to cry Islamization agenda.ask your self if this tread is opposite to what you are masturbating here.now today Nigeria is no more secular state I like this kind of treading it will always exposes how evil you people are !!!! But painting & pretending yourself as if not religions bigot .

Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Bibidear(f): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2019
nicerichard05:

MADAM ITS BEEN A WHILE OOO. CHAI OVER 4YRS
yes,hope u are fine
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by tiwiex(m): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
Christians dominate southern Nigeria and the middle belt.

They are gradually outnumbering the Muslims in north east that's why boko haram was created.

In the next 100 years, Nigeria will be a Christian nation. We need to evangelise more and win ! more souls for God

Abeg, leave religious beliefs and choices alone. Which one be evangelise? It's all this belief in conversion that has led to global conflicts. Leave people and their beliefs alone bro.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by nicerichard05: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
Bibidear:

yes,hope u are fine

i am gud. i wanna send u a pm
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Bibidear(f): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2019
nicerichard05:

i am gud. i wanna send u a pm
my email isn't accessible anymore.i forgot the password
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Cosbyrich: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

I am Yoruba and I know we have more Muslims especially in Oyo,Lagos,Osun,Kwara(no Kwaran sees himself as either MB or North,just plain Yoruba),Ogun state is kind of split, than Christians.Ondo and Ekiti are predominantly,Christians.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by nicerichard05: 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
Bibidear:

my email isn't accessible anymore.i forgot the password

send me an email nicerichard05@yahoo.com
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Bibidear(f): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
nicerichard05:

send me an email nicerichard05@yahoo.com
sent u my number
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by 4element: 7:20am On Nov 20, 2019
It is easy to know the majority in south west by simply google it out.. Christians are the majority in south west.

Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by weownlagos: 8:26am On Nov 20, 2019
Let's start from the north.

North West
:75% Muslims, 25% Christians

North East:

55% Muslims, 45% Christians

North central

75% Christians, 25% Muslims

In southern Nigeria

Southwest

65% Christians, 35% Muslims

Southeast

99% Christians, 0.5% Muslims

South south

95% Christians, 5% Muslims.

You can counter it with proofs
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by eas01: 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
freg2000:

Meaning killings, cultism and idolatry are firmly rooted in areas where the entire populations are almost Christian

meaning bokoharam, failed leadership, poverty, economic leeches, pedophilia, babarism are all located in the majority muslim states.
Re: Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria by Dedetwo(m): 9:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
Let's start from the north.

North West
:75% Muslims, 25% Christians

North East:

55% Muslims, 45% Christians

North central

75% Christians, 25% Muslims

In southern Nigeria

Southwest

65% Christians, 35% Muslims

Southeast

99% Christians, 0.5% Muslims

South south

95% Christians, 5% Muslims.

You can counter it with proofs

Southwest
45% Christians, 55% Muslims

Southeast

99.5% Christians, 0.5% Muslims

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Agencies Move To Enforce 24 Hours Port Operation / Buhari: Lack Of Employment Major Contributor To Insecurity / Dave Umahi: Lagos-Calabar Expressway To Be Completed In 8 Years Under Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.