Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Choose One: SNIPER Or A Golden Sausage? End Suicide On Campus! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Choose One: SNIPER Or A Golden Sausage? End Suicide On Campus! (312 Views)

Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) / Schools Can End Suicide Through Counseling — Expert / The Ordeal And Triumph Of A Female Colleague On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choose One: SNIPER Or A Golden Sausage? End Suicide On Campus! by StudentsNG: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
Given A & B, which would you choose?

Some hints
—————
- You’d need B if your life is full of crap, and rightly so B would help you ward off insects � that bug the hell outta you.

- You’d need A if life is sweet, for God’s sake who would refuse a ‘golden’ sausage? Me neither. I Dey mad?!

According to the news, another student of University of Nigeria Nsukka just committed suicide and it got me wondering. When has killing one’s self become a trendy choice? Not again!

The problem with Nigeria is Nigerians. Starting from the mad man on the street to the wisest man on the pulpit. We are only after ourselves. We only cry when it hits us personally, we hate ourselves and discourage our young and cover the rest of dirty shit in our lives with pride. #Sniper is not the problem!

We have erudite professors of claimed ‘repute’ and titles littered in our poorly funded institutions many of whom have conducted researches in ‘heaven knows what’ yet non could conduct a simple study within campuses to find why some promising young men are opting for B where A should be everyone’s dream? Leaders, civil society groups, churches on campus, student bodies, and ... ? The list goes on. I won’t dare mention NGOs, those are for political rallies only!

The leading class instead of instructing for an inquiry is banning a product that is otherwise useful for cleaning ants � infested homes? Listen y’all carefully people: no one drinks sniper by accident. It is neither Fanta nor does it taste like coke. It is not Dr Iguedo either!

Someone should tell the VC at UNN to go fucking conduct a study on his students. Someone somewhere inside an office is frustrating the hell outta these kids pushing them to kill themselves. Sniper is just a means to an end!

Nigeria banned importation of rice, cars, etc. But we still have more than enough of those hitting our ports. Senseless is he who thinks banning a product is the only visible solution to solve a societal and behavioural problem!

For God’s sake I have a masters degree in Public Policy. Banning doesn’t work and have never worked anywhere let alone in a country with porous borders!

✍️
Wilfred Okwudili.
———————-
Should the VC or anyone be willing to research this and want partnership of some sort or require consultancy, do contact me. Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Download FUNAI Post UTME Past Questions And Answers For Free / Benefits To Study In Canada / Why You Should Not Let Anyone Notice Your Debit Card Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.