Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? (3051 Views)

‘He Was One Of Nigeria’s Greatest Artists’ – Shehu Sani Mourns Mohbad / Garba Shehu: Those Calling For Secession Are Nigeria’s Greatest Problem / Osinbajo In Germany, Says Grand Corruption Nigeria’s Greatest Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Generalpatton: 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
I think its the relatively unknown colonel e.a etuk who was the brain behind all the victories of colonel adekunle.below is a brief history about him.

Notes on key commanders during the siege of Owerri

FEDERAL NIGERIAN SIDE

Colonel E.A. Etuk (rtd)

Throughout this essay I have referred to this fine officer as “Etuk.” In some publications he is referred to as “Utuk” but I have used “Etuk” because that is what was used in the most recent official Army publication on the Civil War. Colonel EA Etuk (rtd) [N415] was admitted to the “Boys Company” (Nigerian Military School) in 1954 at age 14. In 1958, he graduated from NMS and was a soldier at the officer preparatory school at Apapa in Lagos. He was selected for further officer cadet training at Fort Dix in New Jersey, followed by six months of cavalry and armored training at Fort Knox in Kentucky, both in the United States – as part of the USAAF Officer Leadership Training program of that era. He was commissioned Second Lieutenant in June 1963, underwent further training and was welcomed home in 1964 by then Defence Minister, Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu.

Etuk served as a subaltern in the 4th Battalion at Ibadan under the late Lt. Col. Abogo Largema. As a Captain he was deployed to the 2nd Brigade at Apapa under the late Brigadier Zakaria Maimalari. During the count down to the war he rejected an invitation by Colonel Effiong to return to the eastern region to fight under Ojukwu. He was subsequently a staff officer (operations), charged with weapons acquisition under Lt. Col. Iliya Bissala at AHQ and went on arms purchasing missions abroad for Nigeria at the onset of the civil war. In October 1967, Lt. Col. Bissala prevented then Lt. Col. Murtala Mohammed from drafting Etuk to the 2nd Division for the disastrous Onitsha assault river crossing. However, he was later literally “hijacked” by Lt. Col. B.A.M. Adekunle and deployed to the 3rd Division as the Officer Commanding the 8 Battalion in Calabar. After battalion operations in the Calabar-Itu-Ikot-Ekpene axis he was redeployed to Port Harcourt as Commander, 16 Brigade. As a Field Major, he took part in the successful 3MCDO campaign for Port Harcourt along with officers like Lt. Col. Filemon Shande, Lt. Col. Pius Eromobor, Major George Innih, and (initially) Adaka Boro, among others.

After the fall of Port Harcourt, Etuk was tasked (as a Field Lt. Col.) with the capture of Owerri as part of “Operation OAU”.

As the commander of the subsequently beleaguered 16th Brigade, he emerged among all the Nigerian field commanders of the civil war as the most highly thought of by his Biafran opponents. According to Madiebo,

“….. the enemy force at Owerri which was the [16] Brigade under a young Calabar officer called Utuk [Etuk], was easily the best fighting unit fielded by Nigeria throughout the war. Right from Port Harcourt, and particularly at Afam, it had become obvious that the Brigade was a force well led. Inside Owerri, they fought with extraordinary courage, flexibility and determination. The withdrawal of the Brigade from Owerri was tactically tidy and well planned and executed. Without doubt no other Nigerian Brigade could have withstood for more than a month the punishment the enemy [16] Brigade absorbed with patience for over four months. Only that Brigade could have got out of Owerri under the circumstances.”

After the Owerri debacle, Lt. Col. Etuk was temporarily appointed Garrison Commander for Port Harcourt before returning to command the newly reinvigorated 16 Brigade under the new 3MCDO Commander during “Operation Tail Wind” – the final offensive of the war. His second-in-command this time around was Captain Buhari, a former NCO and concessional commissioned officer who had distinguished himself during the Owerri breakout.

However, Madiebo is not the only former Biafran military leader to complement Etuk. When the war finally ended in January 1970, after Ojukwu and Madiebo had fled into exile, Etuk joined then Colonel Obasanjo for a meeting with the Biafran high command, which was going through the process of surrendering. After the formal introductions, Colonel Joe ‘Hannibal‘ Achuzia, who mostly commanded the Biafran ‘Republic of Benin’ Division but had faced Etuk in battle at various times in Port Harcourt and Owerri, asked,

“Are you the Etuk who gave us all these headaches and all these troubles?”

Etuk later privately hosted former Biafran Chief of General Staff and COS (DHQ) Major General Phillip Effiong for a meal. Effiong reportedly said:

“You, this boy, you gave us headache.”

Tdarkside
Metaphysical
Sarrki
Seunmsg
Kahal
Indispensable85
Kingkakaone
Kenone
Mrvitalis
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by BlackfireX: 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
Etuk ko. Ukwu ni...

Rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by raumdeuter: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
Benjamin Black Scorpion Adekunle the conqueror of Biafra

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Rednaxelot: 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
raumdeuter:
Benjamin Black Scorpion Adekunle the conquror of Biafra
seconded

Benjamen Maja Adekunle aka The Black Scorpion.

Ekun oko Biafra

Ojukwu can also attest to that

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by MetaPhysical: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
Generalpatton:
I think its the relatively unknown colonel e.a etuk who was the brain behind all the victories of colonel adekunle.below is a brief history about him.

Notes on key commanders during the siege of Owerri

FEDERAL NIGERIAN SIDE

Colonel E.A. Etuk (rtd)

Throughout this essay I have referred to this fine officer as “Etuk.” In some publications he is referred to as “Utuk” but I have used “Etuk” because that is what was used in the most recent official Army publication on the Civil War. Colonel EA Etuk (rtd) [N415] was admitted to the “Boys Company” (Nigerian Military School) in 1954 at age 14. In 1958, he graduated from NMS and was a soldier at the officer preparatory school at Apapa in Lagos. He was selected for further officer cadet training at Fort Dix in New Jersey, followed by six months of cavalry and armored training at Fort Knox in Kentucky, both in the United States – as part of the USAAF Officer Leadership Training program of that era. He was commissioned Second Lieutenant in June 1963, underwent further training and was welcomed home in 1964 by then Defence Minister, Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu.

Etuk served as a subaltern in the 4th Battalion at Ibadan under the late Lt. Col. Abogo Largema. As a Captain he was deployed to the 2nd Brigade at Apapa under the late Brigadier Zakaria Maimalari. During the count down to the war he rejected an invitation by Colonel Effiong to return to the eastern region to fight under Ojukwu. He was subsequently a staff officer (operations), charged with weapons acquisition under Lt. Col. Iliya Bissala at AHQ and went on arms purchasing missions abroad for Nigeria at the onset of the civil war. In October 1967, Lt. Col. Bissala prevented then Lt. Col. Murtala Mohammed from drafting Etuk to the 2nd Division for the disastrous Onitsha assault river crossing. However, he was later literally “hijacked” by Lt. Col. B.A.M. Adekunle and deployed to the 3rd Division as the Officer Commanding the 8 Battalion in Calabar. After battalion operations in the Calabar-Itu-Ikot-Ekpene axis he was redeployed to Port Harcourt as Commander, 16 Brigade. As a Field Major, he took part in the successful 3MCDO campaign for Port Harcourt along with officers like Lt. Col. Filemon Shande, Lt. Col. Pius Eromobor, Major George Innih, and (initially) Adaka Boro, among others.

After the fall of Port Harcourt, Etuk was tasked (as a Field Lt. Col.) with the capture of Owerri as part of “Operation OAU”.

As the commander of the subsequently beleaguered 16th Brigade, he emerged among all the Nigerian field commanders of the civil war as the most highly thought of by his Biafran opponents. According to Madiebo,

“….. the enemy force at Owerri which was the [16] Brigade under a young Calabar officer called Utuk [Etuk], was easily the best fighting unit fielded by Nigeria throughout the war. Right from Port Harcourt, and particularly at Afam, it had become obvious that the Brigade was a force well led. Inside Owerri, they fought with extraordinary courage, flexibility and determination. The withdrawal of the Brigade from Owerri was tactically tidy and well planned and executed. Without doubt no other Nigerian Brigade could have withstood for more than a month the punishment the enemy [16] Brigade absorbed with patience for over four months. Only that Brigade could have got out of Owerri under the circumstances.”

After the Owerri debacle, Lt. Col. Etuk was temporarily appointed Garrison Commander for Port Harcourt before returning to command the newly reinvigorated 16 Brigade under the new 3MCDO Commander during “Operation Tail Wind” – the final offensive of the war. His second-in-command this time around was Captain Buhari, a former NCO and concessional commissioned officer who had distinguished himself during the Owerri breakout.

However, Madiebo is not the only former Biafran military leader to complement Etuk. When the war finally ended in January 1970, after Ojukwu and Madiebo had fled into exile, Etuk joined then Colonel Obasanjo for a meeting with the Biafran high command, which was going through the process of surrendering. After the formal introductions, Colonel Joe ‘Hannibal‘ Achuzia, who mostly commanded the Biafran ‘Republic of Benin’ Division but had faced Etuk in battle at various times in Port Harcourt and Owerri, asked,

“Are you the Etuk who gave us all these headaches and all these troubles?”

Etuk later privately hosted former Biafran Chief of General Staff and COS (DHQ) Major General Phillip Effiong for a meal. Effiong reportedly said:

“You, this boy, you gave us headache.”

Tdarkside
Metaphysical
Sarrki
Seunmsg
Kahal
Indispensable85
Kingkakaone
Kenone
Mrvitalis

Thanks for inviting me to talk on a matter concerning SE. In case you were not aware, Ibos in Nairaland banned me from talking about their region. Ordinarily, and to respect the ban, I would not have said a word about this article but since an invitation like this is a voluntary solicitation for my input then I do not consider it ordinary at all, I am hereby returning the honor and giving my full input on this article.

First, I say may the souls of the gallant soldiers that served their various fatherlands on both sides of the dispute rest in peace.

Second, no one who put up show of gallantry and bravery in the war should be dismissed as anything but a hero and a brave warrior. War is not for simpletons. In the old days of yore when men go to war they scheduled it so that they will minimize suffering and hardship on the manpower at the fore front. Therefore wars were not fought during planting season or hunting season. You needed men in the field to plant crops and in forest to bring meat, you needed the iron for farming implements, not for forging swords, axe, machettes, daggers and arrows and darts or guns. With time and due to better means of farming and hunting, it was no longer necesaary to schedule wars and we started having spontaneous wars. It was reported that during Dahomey, Oyo wars if they were still on battle field when rains started Commanders on Gezo side will call for cease fire to allow return to farmlands. When they did not stop they would raid farmlands along the way to sustain supplies.

Biafran war was spontaneous, not well thought out. The cause was legitimate, the implementation was disastrous. The disasters came primarily from two sources - supplies and timing!

Third, in a war certain resources are key to success but here I will mention just one because it keys into your topic. Native help on enemy side! This resource is the make and break of all scopes in security and peace engagements.

The defeat of Yoruba by Fulani was possible because Afonja, himself Yoruba, marched against Oyo with Yoruba Baloguns. The counter-defeat of Fulani by Yoruba was also possible because when Ibadan captured the enemy camps they would set free the Fulanis but slaughter the Yorubas amongst them. They recognized without the Yorubas Fulani was not a match.

Colonel UTUK (Etuk) is a native in the Biafran territory. If he did not lead the front who else should?

So the mention that he led the advance force into territories in Biafra should not be the herald point for his heroism.

None of the Baloguns who led Afonja into Oyo is a hero today, nonetheless no Emir can sit on Ilorin throne without their say so and approval.

Utuk's heroism should come from patriotism and ideology. Bring him into political limelight through his political feats, and no just because he used his knowledge of terrain to assist invasion against his land.

Its a good topic and Colonel Utuk deserve good mention acknowledging his ideology and patriotism.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Generalpatton: 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Thanks for inviting me to talk on a matter concerning SE. In case you were not aware, Ibos in Nairaland banned me from talking about their region. Ordinarily, and to respect the ban, I would not have said a word about this article but since an invitation like this is a voluntary solicitation for my input then I do not consider it ordinary at all, I am hereby returning the honor and giving my full input on this article.

First, I say may the souls of the gallant soldiers that served their various fatherlands on both sides of the dispute rest in peace.

Second, no one who put up show of gallantry and bravery in the war should be dismissed as anything but a hero and a brave warrior. War is not for simpletons. In the old days of yore when men go to war they scheduled it so that they will minimize suffering and hardship on the manpower at the fore front. Therefore wars were not fought during planting season or hunting season. You needed men in the field to plant crops and in forest to bring meat, you needed the iron for farming implements, not for forging swords, axe, machettes, daggers and arrows and darts or guns. With time and due to better means of farming and hunting, it was no longer necesaary to schedule wars and we started having spontaneous wars. It was reported that during Dahomey, Oyo wars if they were still on battle field when rains started Commanders on Gezo side will call for cease fire to allow return to farmlands. When they did not stop they would raid farmlands along the way to sustain supplies.

Biafran war was spontaneous, not well thought out. The cause was legitimate, the implementation was disastrous. The disasters came primarily from two sources - supplies and timing!

Third, in a war certain resources are key to success but here I will mention just one because it keys into your topic. Native help on enemy side! This resource is the make and break of all scopes in security and peace engagements.

The defeat of Yoruba by Fulani was possible because Afonja, himself Yoruba, marched against Oyo with Yoruba Baloguns. The counter-defeat of Fulani by Yoruba was also possible because when Ibadan captured the enemy camps they would set free the Fulanis but slaughter the Yorubas amongst them. They recognized without the Yorubas Fulani was not a match.

Colonel UTUK (Etuk) is a native in the Biafran territory. If he did not lead the front who else should?

So the mention that he led the advance force into territories in Biafra should not be the herald point for his heroism.

None of the Baloguns who led Afonja into Oyo is a hero today, nonetheless no Emir can sit on Ilorin throne without their say so and approval.

Utuk's heroism should come from patriotism and ideology. Bring him into political limelight through his political feats, and no just because he used his knowledge of terrain to assist invasion against his land.

Its a good topic and Colonel Utuk deserve good mention acknowledging his ideology and patriotism.
etuk is from akwaibom while his exploits were mostly in iboland
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Warship: 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Your presentation is to a high degree correct.

Etuk was a Biafran leading an invasion against his fellow Biafrans just as Afonja a Yoruba led Fulanis to conquer his people.

As our people say, It is the inside rat that tells the outside rat that fish is inside & show it how to get the fish

Generalpatton there is no difference between Igbos & Akwa Cross people. Even our terrains & thinking pattern are 90% similar.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Generalpatton: 9:25am On Jun 23, 2019
Warship:

Your presentation is to a high degree correct.

Etuk was a Biafran leading an invasion against his fellow Biafrans just as Afonja a Yoruba led Fulanis to conquer his people.

As our people say, It is the inside rat that tells the outside rat that fish is inside & show it how to get the fish

Generalpatton there is no difference between Igbos & Akwa Cross people. Even our terrains & thinking pattern are 90% similar.
Oga,there's a big difference oh except you are a yoruba.most yorubas think that all ss are still igbos.the difference is same as there is between igalas and knows.etuk was never a biafran since he never fought or associated with them therefore he was a Nigerian.the terrain is not the same.the akwa cross terrain is more coastal highly fertile like the one in benue and taraba.both akwa ibom and cross river are made up of several ethnicities.do not take away anything from etuk's outstanding prowess.
Again,liberating the minorities of the then biafra was very easy because they were never in support except few of them.the real battle was in the south east.etuk knew nothing about that side
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Warship: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2019
Generalpatton:

Oga,there's a big difference oh except you are a yoruba.most yorubas think that all ss are still igbos.the difference is same as there is between igalas and knows.etuk was never a biafran since he never fought or associated with them therefore he was a Nigerian.the terrain is not the same.the akwa cross terrain is more coastal highly fertile like the one in benue and taraba.both akwa ibom and cross river are made up of several ethnicities.do not take away anything from etuk's outstanding prowess.
Again,liberating the minorities of the then biafra was very easy because they were never in support except few of them.the real battle was in the south east.etuk knew nothing about that side

You stay in your enclave telling me who has a link to Akwa Cross that Igboland & thinking pattern with that of Akwa Cross aren't the same.

Do you see Annangs, Ibibios, Orons, Efiks etc live on water like the Ijaws.?

Can you differentiate us easily the way you do between Igbos and the Yoruba people.?

Do you know of hybrid clans like Arochukwu, Abiriba, Ohafia, Abiam etc made up of Igbos & Akwa Cross people.?

Haven't you heard of nsigbidi letters & ekpo secret society that cuts across Akwa Cross & Igbo nations.?

Oga, if u know who I am, u won't be arguing trash.

Let me state one fact known to even our enemies.

Most Igbo communities have Akwa Cross roots & vice versa.

Etuk was an inside rat that led the outside rats to overrun Biafra

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by kingzizzy: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
Etuk was actually a lucky man. At the start of the war, General Philip Effiong tried to recruit him into the Biafran Army but he chose to fight for Nigeria

When Biafran forces surrounded Etuk and his forces in the city of Owerri, Etuk fought back well. He was eventually allowed by the Biafran forces to withdraw from Owerri
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Babalegba(m): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
Warship:

You stay in your enclave telling me who has a link to Akwa Cross that Igboland & thinking pattern with that of Akwa Cross aren't the same.

Can you differentiate us easily the way you do between Igbos and the Yoruba people.?

Do you know of hybrid clans like Arochukwu, Abiriba, Ohafia, Abiam etc made up of Igbos & Akwa Cross people.?

Haven't you heard of nsigbidi letters & ekpo secret society that cuts across Akwa Cross & Igbo nations.?

lol, I met one Delta Igbo last week and his dislike of the main ibo states and biafra was shocking. He had nothing but disdain for kanu the rabble rouser and his money grabbing cohorts.You cannot force somebody to claim ibo.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Generalpatton: 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Warship:

Lets not bring this biafran theory here please.dont force people that are not part of something to be there.akwa,cross and rivers borders igboland hence similarities in some areas.it happens everywhere in the world along boundary lines between different ethnicities.at least 15% of people fighting in the then nigerian army were from the eastern region.etuk's prowess was not due to geographical knowledge afterall they were several other akwa cross commanders that didnt perform as much as him
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Generalpatton: 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
Babalegba:
lol, I met one Delta Igbo last week and his dislike of the main ibo states and biafra was shocking. He had nothing but disdain for kanu the rabble rouser and his money grabbing cohorts.You cannot force somebody to claim ibo.
That is why i said 80% or more of ss people are vehemently anti biafra.even a lot of igbos do not subscribe to that ideology.trying to force them will attract resentment and hate.its a Free world
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Generalpatton: 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
kingzizzy:
Erik was actually a lucky man. At the start of the war, General Philip Effiong tried to recruit him into the Biafran Army but he chose to fight for Nigeria

When Biafran forces surrounded Etuk and his forces in the city of Owerri, Etuk fought back well. He was eventually allowed by the Biafran forces to withdraw from Owerri
Allowed to withdraw or brilliantly fought his way out of owerri to ph?
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by OAUTemitayo: 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
kingzizzy:
Erik was actually a lucky man. At the start of the war, General Philip Effiong tried to recruit him into the Biafran Army but he chose to fight for Nigeria

He was not allowed. He fought his way out. Don't diminish the travails and courage of such a great man.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Warship: 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
Babalegba:

Thank God you acknowledged the existence of Igbos in Delta.

Delta Igbos= Igbos indigenous to Delta State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Warship: 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
kingzizzy:

True.

Due to lack of ammunitions, the Biafran high command had to allow him escape through Owerri - PH expressway

The honest truth is that, if Biafrans were well armed, Etuk won't have performed that fine.

Etuk was facing an under equipped enemy which is the reason why he is not highly celebrated.

All Nigerian military officers performed badly when one considers the fact that the Biafrans well not well armed.

The greatest military leaders were Achuzie & Onwutueagwu, Amadi, and all Biafran officers who won battles with poorly armed troops.

It is not easy to holdout for 30months against a military that was over armed.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Babalegba(m): 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
Warship:

Thank God you acknowledged the existence of Igbos in Delta.

Delta Igbos= Igbos indigenous to Delta State.
I'm immune to childish linguistic acrobatics, twisting words doesn't mean they support or identify with you
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by goodnessme1(f): 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2019
Rednaxelot:
seconded
Benjamen Maja Adekunle aka The Black Scorpion.
Ekun oko Biafra
Ojukwu can also attest to that
but he couldn't recover kwara.

What a warlord.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by kingzizzy: 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
Generalpatton:

Allowed to withdraw or brilliantly fought his way out of owerri to ph?

Etuk was completely surrounded by Biafran troops. However. The aim of the Biafran command was the recapture of Owerri.

Etuk, his men.and even their families were allowed to board buses and trailers and left Owerri after which a large crowd of Igbos followed Biafran troops into Owerri to reclaim the city
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by DateMynd44(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
Warship:

shut up oga akwa cross don't have any similarity with igbos.
face your landlocked region and leave Niger Delta alone
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by GeorgeTheCoder: 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2019
Warship:

Quite a shame really. And apparently they discarded him after the war. I hope he lived long enough to regret his actions
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Warship: 10:24am On Jun 27, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

Quite a shame really. And apparently they discarded him after the war. I hope he lived long enough to regret his actions

My brother, that is the price for betrayal.

All those Easterners that fought against Biafrans, paid with their lives for it.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Chibuzoc(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2019
Without the support of the world Nigeria would have lost the war so all thanks should go to Britain, Russia, the Islamic states and all those that helped Nigeria. One on one Nigeria can never defeat Biafra
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by hausadreturn(m): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2019
Warship:

My brother, that is the price for betrayal.

All those Easterners that fought against Biafrans, paid with their lives for it.
Paid with their lives in what way?
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by dododawa1: 6:18pm On Jun 28, 2019
Benjamin d Slayer of one tribal
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by dododawa1: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
Chibuzoc:
Without the support of the world Nigeria would have lost the war so all thanks should go to Britain, Russia, the Islamic states and all those that helped Nigeria. One on one Nigeria can never defeat Biafra
oga go back to d drawing board,awolowo won d war by stopping d food supplying to d Biafra soilders and gave d Nigeria soilders to conquer by BENJAMIN d scorpion.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Banmeallday: 7:34pm On Jun 28, 2019
Chei some people are fools, digging or reaching for a fictitious history that is not there...

Nigeria has no stupid “Greatest Army commander” because “Nigger Area” was and still is a British colony, and have never won any war like Napoleon or Louis 14th....

Its more like which country that guided their black slaves in killing and maiming other blacks to secure for themselves (That is the British, Soviets, A-rabs, etc) riches to the detriment of the dumb blacks get the GREATEST CREDIT...

After all, we know many of the blacks, like BLACK SCORPION have on record stated they REGRET what they did and died on drugs LOL

You folks were useless then and even more useless now. You forgot about Boko Haram and are talking about the greatest my foot!!!
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Battle Commander? by Chibuzoc(m): 7:36am On Jun 29, 2019
dododawa1:
oga go back to d drawing board,awolowo won d war by stopping d food supplying to d Biafra soilders and gave d Nigeria soilders to conquer by BENJAMIN d scorpion.
Maybe you don't know anything about the war, awo stopped the supply of food to innocent women and children all thanks to the Russian and Egyptian air force for bombing planes that brought aid to Biafraland. The Biafran army surrendered when children started dying because of hunger

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Live On TV On The Platform / What Ndigbo and ANAMBRA Must Do To End The Killing. / YORUBA: A Conquered People-- By Adedamola Adetayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.