Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. (714 Views)

Banji Akintoye: If We Wait For Buhari, Herdsmen Will Kill All Of Us / "We Have Killed Them All, Fulani Herdsmen Will Never Come Back"-nigerian Soldier / Thugs Take Over Kano As Newly-posted DIG Michael ‘rejigs’ Security Arrangement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
ON FULANI HERDSMEN:
“Fulani herdsmen will not be part of any security arrangement in Abia State. Such strategy could work elsewhere but not in Abia State. We have our own plans which we will be willing to share with other people if they are interested. Our plans do not have provision for Herdsmen as Vigilantes.
"One of the reasons why we have no instances of Herders-Farmers clash in Abia State is because we adopted an innovative and unique strategy which takes a human view of the situation. I spent seven years in the north as an undergraduate and postgraduate student, and I have a fair idea of how the average Fulani behaves and thinks.
"One thing we have done in Abia is to set up Mediation Committees at the State and Local Government levels. When cows destroy crops, the cows don’t know the difference between cash crops and normal grass. Someone must take responsibility. I have mandated the mediation committee to investigate real cases of destruction of farmlands and even, the killing of cows and when such instances are confirmed, I choose to pay either the owner of the farm or the cow owner as the case maybe. I prefer to pay for one or two cows to losing any life. One human life is more expensive than all the cows put together.
"However, our major emphasis is on ensuring peaceful coexistence amongst all those concerned. This is why we hear little about clashes in Abia State. There are herdsmen in Abia but we have managed to create a template that ensures peace”.

Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu
Governor, Abia State

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by Born2Breed(f): 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2019
Juliusmalema:
ON FULANI HERDSMEN:
“Fulani herdsmen will not be part of any security arrangement in Abia State. Such strategy could work elsewhere but not in Abia State. We have our own plans which we will be willing to share with other people if they are interested. Our plans do not have provision for Herdsmen as Vigilantes.
"One of the reasons why we have no instances of Herders-Farmers clash in Abia State is because we adopted an innovative and unique strategy which takes a human view of the situation. I spent seven years in the north as an undergraduate and postgraduate student, and I have a fair idea of how the average Fulani behaves and thinks.
"One thing we have done in Abia is to set up Mediation Committees at the State and Local Government levels. When cows destroy crops, the cows don’t know the difference between cash crops and normal grass. Someone must take responsibility. I have mandated the mediation committee to investigate real cases of destruction of farmlands and even, the killing of cows and when such instances are confirmed, I choose to pay either the owner of the farm or the cow owner as the case maybe. I prefer to pay for one or two cows to losing any life. One human life is more expensive than all the cows put together.
"However, our major emphasis is on ensuring peaceful coexistence amongst all those concerned. This is why we hear little about clashes in Abia State. There are herdsmen in Abia but we have managed to create a template that ensures peace”.

Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu
Governor, Abia State

Later some people will be insulting this man. Is this not a great achievement.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by donbachi(m): 6:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
He is talking about template on how to handle the situations,while the herdsmen have a well prepared template on how to kill...template vs template =clash of templates....no be only template na temptray.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by mekuso89(m): 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
Igbos say no to herdsmen
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by limeta(f): 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ah haba in yr own land
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by Bethel4Life(f): 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
This is Nice from Ikpeazu
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by MetaPhysical: 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2019
Juliusmalema:
ON FULANI HERDSMEN:

Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu
Governor, Abia State

Thats not a security strategy. This is compensation or amnesty to appease grievants, not a security strategy at all.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by QueenSekxy(f): 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Thats not a security strategy. This is compensation or amnesty to appease grievants, not a security strategy at all.
He's a very stupid man. You can imagine paying terrorists for destroying people's farmland.

What's wrong with southern governors?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by MetaPhysical: 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
QueenSekxy:

He's a very stupid man. You can imagine paying terrorists for destroying people's farmland.

What's wrong with southern governors?

Lol

He should be compensating his farmers, not fulani herders.

How does miyetti allah even get access to enter govt house to begin with?

Can the chairman of okrika clothe sellers or the president of spare parts auto dealers get audience with a governor?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by QueenSekxy(f): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Lol

He should be compensating his farmers, not fulani herders.

How does miyetti allah even get access to enter govt house to begin with?

Can the chairman of okrika clothe sellers or the president of spare parts auto dealers get audience with a governor?

That's insanity. Why do these governors give those terrorists opportunity to blab and all that?
It's quite gruesome and annoying.

Tufia!!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
Born2Breed:

Later some people will be insulting this man. Is this not a great achievement.

Sounds like an Irony
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Will Not Be Part Of Any Security Arrangement In Abia State. by Mahsums: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
D kerosene man tongue

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Looming Genocidal Horrors, Brutalities, Anarchy And War / *NYCD Cautions Nigerian Youths Against Sowore’s Fraudulent Revolutionary Protest / Sowore In High Spirit And Unmoved As We Visited Him - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.