Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

'The Gods Of A Lack Of Common Sense And Hyperbole Walk In "Holy Communion."' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'The Gods Of A Lack Of Common Sense And Hyperbole Walk In "Holy Communion."' (192 Views)

Who Should Partake In Holy Communion?? / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'The Gods Of A Lack Of Common Sense And Hyperbole Walk In "Holy Communion."' by hoasis: 10:38am On Jun 23, 2019
Somewhere...sometime soon...someone's "new season" is "about to arrive."

Yes...MANY pulpits declare the most amazing "Duh!" moments of all time.

Who would have EVER thought that something GOOD is about to happen to SOMEONE...and that SOMEONE'S life will change in major ways soon!

It seems the gods of a LACK of COMMON SENSE and HYPERBOLE walk in "holy communion."

Of course...what about those whose "new season" is not SUMMER...usually noted as days of SUNSHINE and SMILES?

The rule is:

NEVER admit to ANYONE that their "new season" may be WINTER...with COLD, DARK days that must be ENDURED by FAITH.

No...NEVER state the OBVIOUS...the TRUE reality of life:

Life OFTEN "turns on a dime."

---No one EVER expects the CANCER diagnosis.

---No one EVER expects the DIVORCE papers.

---No one EVER expects the call saying there has been a car wreck...and their spouse or child is dead.

---No one EVER expects to hear "It is Alzheimers."

---No one EVER expects "You have 2 months to live."

What if your "new season" is HURRICANE season?

Will you be able to ENDURE the TESTING?

Stop listening to the "daily affirmations" of the Biblically challenged who speak WORTHLESS generalities...never TRULY hearing a "word from God" about your "new season."

Face it...even a BROKEN clock is RIGHT twice a day.

Many never NOTICE...or simply IGNORE...the fact that the incessantly promised "new season" is "prophesied" DAILY in "prophetic circles"...so ONE DAY the "prophecy" actually comes true...yet...more often than not...it is just a DAILY dose of "Duh!"

Get wise!

We ALL experience a "new season"...at LEAST 4 times a year.

Church...consider this:

It is NOT about a "new season"...it is about a NEW HEART.

We walk by FAITH...and not by SIGHT...and it is how we ADAPT to the CHANGING seasons that TRULY measures our STRENGTH and our WISDOM.

"Wisdom?" you say?

Yes...WISDOM.

You see...only a FOOL dresses for SUMMER in the FROZEN air of WINTER.

And...WINTER serves a PURPOSE...allowing things to DIE so that the NEW may one day LIVE.

Maybe the words of the "Wizard of Oz" say it best...as his DECEPTION is REVEALED:

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

Yes...WISDOM cries:

"Pay no attention to declarations promising a NEW SEASON! They are nothing more than 'Duh!' moments!"

Jeremiah 23:16-22 Thus says the Lord of hosts:

“Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you.
They make you worthless;
They speak a vision of their own heart,
Not from the mouth of the Lord.
17 They continually say to those who despise Me,
‘The Lord has said, “You shall have peace”’;
And to everyone who walks according to the dictates of his own heart, they say,
‘No evil shall come upon you.’”

18 For who has stood in the counsel of the Lord,
And has perceived and heard His word?
Who has marked His word and heard it?
19 Behold, a whirlwind of the Lord has gone forth in fury—
A violent whirlwind!
It will fall violently on the head of the wicked.
20 The anger of the Lord will not turn back
Until He has executed and performed the thoughts of His heart.
In the latter days you will understand it perfectly.

21 “I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran.
I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
22 But if they had stood in My counsel,
And had caused My people to hear My words,
Then they would have turned them from their evil way
And from the evil of their doings.

Now...about that coming "shifting in the atmosphere".............!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ron.smith.bama.fan/posts/10214947211896198

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/06/19 / Our Daily-devotional-the Best Defense June 29th / COZA And Rape Aligation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.