Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,755 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:40 AM

Nigeria, Disruptive Innovation And The Future - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Disruptive Innovation And The Future (399 Views)

Peter Obi, A Loquacious And Disruptive Backseat Driver - Felix Morka / Sen Nywoye Hands Over A Tech Innovation And Computer Hub Building To Community / Finnish National Coalition Party To Suspend Simon Ekpa For Disruptive Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Disruptive Innovation And The Future by nams77: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
NIGERIA, DISRUPTIVE INNOVATION AND THE FUTURE.

I was having a chat with someone this morning and he wasn't too kind with Senator Ben Bruce for taking some positions as regards a shift from our over-reliance on crude oil to a more futuristic renewable energy.

The whole world is moving away from crude oil but our leaders are so fixated on it. It is even more worrisome that this present Government is spending billions looking for non-existent crude in the chad basin.

The Swedish car giant Volvo ( now owned by geely, a Chinese firm), expects electric cars to make up 50 percent of its global sale. Other car manufacturers are even more aggressive by rolling out electric models like the Nissan's 'Leaf' and the Toyota's, 'Prius', not forgetting Tesla that has already rolled out several models of electric cars and are clearly blazing a trail of innovation.

It is things like this that gets me worried-the lethargy of the Nigerian government in seeing the proverbial hand writing on the wall. My friend whom i mentioned aboved is still ensconced in a cocoon of false security and cannot see the swinging pendulum. He believes petrol-powered cars will remain forever and car manufacturers will keep producing such cars.

Senator Ben Bruce is thinking futuristic and i love that. Most Nigerian leaders and strategists are not fluid enough. The business world is dynamic and changing fast. Businesses needs to be fluid enough to adjust and change quickly.
Disruptive innovation is quickly changing the topography of the business world. That is what is coming in the horizon and Bruce has seen it. Many business has become obsolete as a result of innovations that were disruptive. We can remember the days of VHS video players, VCDs, typewriters, floppy disk,CD Roms etc. They have all been overtaken,and a big one is coming in the horizon -electric cars!
One of the things that did RIM(Blackberry) and nokia in was that they weren't fluid enough to notice the change and adapt to it and they suffered for it by losing their market share. Samsung, infinix and tecno saw the direction and followed it
.Nigeria is so reliant on crude oil and it doesn't portend good for this nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Disruptive Innovation And The Future by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
Nigeria should start by sponsoring those Anambra students that won international tech competitiions last year.

Those students can be helped to form startups that would put Nigeria on the global tech map and bring us foreign exchange.
Re: Nigeria, Disruptive Innovation And The Future by nams77: 11:05am On Jun 25, 2019
igbodefender:
Nigeria should start by sponsoring those Anambra students that won international tech competitiions last year.

Those students can be helped to form startups that would put Nigeria on the global tech map and bring us foreign exchange.
That's correct. I am even angry at the SE governors. I expect a pan- south east approach to develop the whole of SE.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Buhari Sends Ministerial List To National Assembly / Who Is The Greatest Theif- Buhari, Goodluck Or... / IPOB Godfather: BOOM�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.