Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,036 members, 7,852,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:03 PM

10 Reasons Why Cameroon Will Struggle To Defend Their AFCON Title - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Reasons Why Cameroon Will Struggle To Defend Their AFCON Title (385 Views)

Curvy Ivory Coast Lady Dancing And Celebrating Their AFCON Win Over Nigeria / Cameroon Prophet Elijah Abiri Prophesied That Cameroon Will Defeat Nigeria 3:1 / Buhari Charges Super Eagles On Fourth AFCON Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Cameroon Will Struggle To Defend Their AFCON Title by bingbagbo(m): 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
They are called the indomitable lions. Real giants of African football. They were the first African team to reach the quarter finals of the world cup in 1990. They have produced countless African soccer greats that I need not mention. In terms of AFCON glory, they are behind only Egypt , haven already won this trophy five good times. They come into this tournament as defending champions, domiciled in group F alongside Benin, Ghana and Guinea-Bissau. Although they are considered by several connoisseurs of the game as one of the favourites to win, I think it will be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for the guys from Yaounde to successfully defend their title. Below are ten reasons that have influenced my stance:

1. Absence of 2017 winning coach, Hugo Bruce

2. Absence of their 2017 talismanic marksman and final winner, Vincent Abubakar

3. Too many dressing room and internal wranglings

4. Apparent naivety of their new star coaches, Clarence Seedorf and Patrick Kluivert

5. Cameroon have really struggled after their 2017 Afcon triumph

To be continued
Re: 10 Reasons Why Cameroon Will Struggle To Defend Their AFCON Title by bingbagbo(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
6. Their 2017 triumph proved to be a fluke afterafter they failed to qualify for the world cup in a group that had Algeria, out of form Nigeria and Zambia

7. Cameroon really struggled to qualify for this AFCON

8. Can't match the player quality of Ivory coast, Senegal, Morocco etc

9. Arrived late in Egypt, actually the latest team to arrive.

10. Lack of a talismanic player, a leader in the team

I wish Cameroon well, I don't hate them

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja / Real Madrid Has Offered To Give Man Utd The Sum Of £72m For Paul Pogba / Hazard Getting Ready For La Liga Debut.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.