Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:05 PM

This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? (1727 Views)

My Kid Sister Ran Away From Home, What Do I Do? / Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / My Handsome Boy Is A Year Old Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Paulscholari(m): 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
Please if there's anyone that is on nairaland and attends Lagos State Polytechnic, I wouldn't mind to use your help.

He is a younger brother of mine and he's deep into collecting money from the house on one issue or the other at school. He finished his HND last year October from the elect/elect department and since then it's one problem of money to the other, he needs money for this he needs money for that, the little change that my poor widow mom supposed to use for herself she will give him. Money for registration, for hard cover, for projects, he collected money for projects 3times and then will come back and say he's yet to do something else, he needs money for that too. I was even happy that he's through with school and he'll be useful and responsible for himself if not for us, alas it's just a faded wish. And then the issue of NYSC showed up, he collected almost 25k for that alone with some little money I sent to him on my own, and then he said he has been posted to Kano to serve, showed us an NYSC form with his name and other things too that he's been posted to serve and he's going to collect LOC from his school and from there go to Kano, we were happy and was like at last, and then he was given 43k for the journey, Atleast to manage to camp. He left for school on Monday, told us the LOC was delayed, and then on Wednesday he said he has been given and then set sail to Kano same Wednesday, on Thursday I called him to know how far, no response then I texted him on whatsapp he said he's in kano at the camp, I was happy and then I said he should send me pictures at least I should see and verify things and even show the rest of the family, he didn't respond. I was like ok, maybe he's busy. On Saturday, this Saturday that's how this boy showed up back at home, he said he wasn't given the LOC at school, so he just decided to go to camp at Kano, but they sent him back from the camp. Okay, what about the money you were given, atleast you should have change on you, he said he has spent everything and he doesn't have anything remaining on him. I was shocked! I felt so bad having him as a blood brother! So all the struggles we did to get him that money and for him to land in the camp was just wasted! Ohh it's quite regrettable.
Even when he said he finished school last year, I was like weren't you given something like a to whom it may concern with which you can start a job or something, he said no, just showed me one paper with his name and others and his cgpa.

Please I don't even know what to do, is there anyone in that school and that department that could help me find out and verify things. I spoke with one of his friends, that one too was not coming out straight and then I asked him to give me the HOD number! I've tried to call the person but I'm being skeptical from the responses I first received from the person and when I tried to call again it was just ringing not picking up. Please I will be grateful if the MOD can help me push this to frontpage, I need suggestions please!!
@lalasticlala
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by donbachi(m): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2019
One girl don get belle 4 am or he is using it to take care of school shiits.
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Freestainworld(m): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2019
so pathetic, some people don't know how painful it is to get even one naira , as far as am concerned, You guys have given him the whole privileges he desired to succeed in life, it is now up to him to succeed or not. my advice is that, you guys should stop feeding him with money each time he shows up, carry on with your life and allow him to hustle on his own as a man. he will realized what he has done to himself one day. what a fool he is.

10 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by baby124: 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Try to get him a job or enroll him in apprenticeship. He’s old enough to start earning his own money. I pay school fees for people in that school and they don’t demand from me like this. Though they are not in the same department. Try to visit the school yourself

5 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by emmydiamon(m): 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
I think the best thing for you to do is to visit the school your self and how to sot things out. And i think he is now man enough to take care of him self, you guys guys should allow him to face life so he will know that life is not as easy as he thinks.

6 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by nuelyoyo(m): 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
Go to the school yourself and find out things for yourself. But before you go, get copies of all the suspicious documents he has presented so far, take dem along and present them to whoever you see in his department that is a lecturer.

6 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2019
@Op tough love is needed here. You guys should stop giving him money. He needs to be responsible. Let him go get a job.

5 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by lilmax(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
what kind of a weak man is that?

why do you guys have sympathy?

Go to the school yourself figure the problem then cut off the aid you give him, that's my advice

next you go see him triplet pregnant gehfren for your house dey wash plate

3 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Pavore9: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
Personally go to his dept and you will be shocked with what you will get to know.

3 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by 2cato: 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
I know that ur brother very well he is deeply into football bet and he has a lot of girlfriends he is taking care off

1 Like

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Kendumazy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2019
Your brother didn't finish from school. Accept this fact before it's too late.

9 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Emmzy201(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
Someone is here complaining about his brother not doing this and that... I wish an opportunity like this can come my way. I want to go to school
Life is wicked

1 Like

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
He's likely wasting the money you're giving him b|c he's not the one working for it and doesn't know the value. Stop giving him money but have him either start earning or making his own. That's the only way he's going to grow up.

2 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Florblu(f): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
I'm surprised you're giving him so much attention. Ignore this young man and stop giving him money. Many had fail to realize that having people give them money or giving someone as old as your brother money will only make them more lazy and laid back. Let your mum keep her money and you focus on making yourself a better person for your mum's sake.

Leave the guy. Let him learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Efewestern: 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2019
Go to his school on Monday, visit his department, head straight to the HOD's office, request to know more about the academic performance of your kid brother. He/She will gladly give you.

Don't you know his matric number? (You can get this from any of the docs he presented to you), if you have it, you can then go ahead to check NYSC's senate list and see if his name appears there.

On a second thought, what's he still doing in school if he has graduated? hope he isn't battling with one carryover or the other, besides how old is he?

Dude probably with a woman now.

4 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Paulscholari(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
Efewestern:
Go to his school on Monday, visit his department, head straight to the HOD's office, request to know more about the academic performance of your kid brother. He/She will gladly give you.

Don't you know his matric number? (You can get this from any of the docs he presented to you), if you have it, you can then go ahead to check NYSC's senate list and see if his name appears there.

On a second thought, what's he still doing in school if he has graduated? hope he isn't battling with one carryover or the other, besides how old is he?

Dude probably with a woman now.
I'll try and avail myself to go there! Due to work I'v not been chanced enough to go. He never spoke of any carry over!

1 Like

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Asquare84(m): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
He may not be a student after all, when I was in school alot of my class mate that were withdraw were still collecting school fees from their parent until our final year in school. Things like this happen alot in higher institution

5 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by samtol4(m): 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
I doubt if this young man is a student talk less of graduating .visit the school on Monday or check on google the contact of rector or senior principal officers in that school .You will be dazed with discovery

3 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by sisisioge: 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
Wowzerful! The boy is a trickster! Get his matric number and go to school yourself to find things out. It is well fa.
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Pat081: 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
Paulscholari:
I'll try and avail myself to go there! Due to work I'v not been chanced enough to go. He never spoke of any carry over!
What is l'll try?? cant u find something to tell ur boss or find someone to cover up for u for like 2 to 3 hours to go to that school to find out b4 it is too late and how do you know he finished that HND u re talking about sef

2 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by ImaIma1(f): 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
It is because money comes out everytime he requests. You guys have been feeding his excesses. Next time he asks for money, tell him that there's no money anywhere to give him... that he would need to get a job. You can eventually give him like 1k so that he will get the point.

Then please go to his school and see things gor yourself.

2 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Franzee(m): 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2019
He is tired of his environment your family and everything. He just need time to figure out what he has done to himself. Stop assisting him. Thank me later
Maybe when his mate makes it in life at that time his head go cool down....warri people say " Nah for prison Capon dey expire " Rice wey hot go still cold ....nah just matter of time.
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by sayisayi(m): 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
One chance brother who you are giving 100 chances

1 Like

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by wellfedwriter(m): 6:50am On Jun 24, 2019
Paulscholari I'm 100% sure he didn't graduate with his set, i t shouldn't be an issue if he was open to you guy.

fact: less than 60 students actually graduate from that department, there are sadist and what not there...first hand experience with a church brother.

you want to help your brother right?

tell him to face his carryovers.
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Paulscholari(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2019
wellfedwriter:
Paulscholari I'm 100% sure he didn't graduate with his set, i t shouldn't be an issue if he was open to you guy.

fact: less than 60 students actually graduate from that department, there are sadist and what not there...first hand experience with a church brother.

you want to help your brother right?

tell him to face his carryovers.
okay thank.
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Richy4(m): 8:56am On Jun 24, 2019
Your brother is a dishonest person... That is just to summarise all these..... lf not, he should have come clean and tell you guys that he was experiencing an issue with registration @ the camp... Besides he may have 'schooled in France'

You guys should storm that school.. If my suspicion was correct, U just wash your hands off him like Pilate.. He has made his bed...

Imagine this type having a position in a government office or establishment
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by tenmariner: 9:11am On Jun 24, 2019
I suspect gambling!
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by crackhaus: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2019
You people have enabled that boy for so long, he now sees it as his right to get whatever he asks for and to do whatever he wants without any consequence.

I know his type very well, in fact I know one personally who got himself arrested along with his friends a week ago around Ajah. And guess what, his pops who has talked and cautioned to no end, even with his influential means, just decided to leave him there for a few days before going to get him out, to teach him a lesson.

I'm not saying actions like this are what changes people automatically, but one needs to proscribe tough love sometimes to get results.

He is your younger brother, your mother is probably getting aged and will not be able to follow up on him and his antics thoroughly, so with her support, you must take control and do it yourself. Remember, this must be with the support of your mother, it's important to have a united front as any one still going soft on him is enough to mar the whole process.

The lying is easy to counter, just get information yourself instead of through him. And don't be asking for numbers of anyone from him, it certainly could be his friends acting a part..I've seen this way too many times.
The excessive need for money can also be checked. You do your own analysis to determine how much he will need for anything, don't just go with the amount he says he requires.

As for the school issue, try going there yourself to visit his department to find things out.
Normally, in a working system, you wouldn't need to do that as parents/guardians are supposed to have a direct line of communication to the school authorities. Unfortunately, this is not so in most government-run institutions in Nigeria - private schools do better in this regard.

Lastly, if you're Christians, pray for him. I left it for last deliberately because I personally believe prayer is only effective when there's groundwork for it to take hold.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by crackhaus: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2019
tenmariner:
I suspect gambling!
It almost certainly is.
Didn't just want to delve into that.
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by davillian(m): 9:39am On Jun 24, 2019
Aunty create time go to his department and ask you will be surprise what you will find out.
Just go with his mat number and name.
Re: This Boy Is Giving Us Issue At Home! What Can We Do? by Buffalo2(m): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2019
Sorry OP, your brother did not do shishi HND. Stop calling and go there by urself. My only concern is the mum's heart he's going to break.

(1) (Reply)

How The Community Youths In My Village Destroyed My Mother's House. / Non-supportive Husband / Spice Up Your Sex Life With Jekonmo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.