Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. (771 Views)

El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Senator Hope Uzodinma Of The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Has Been Arrested / I Am Number 7 On Gej's Snipper List - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by Gbawe: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2010
PDP , aside corruption , is the biggest headache of Nigeria. Wether it is Jonathan, IBB, Gusau, Atiku or Saraki Nigerians can be rest assured that things will not change for the better under a PDP President. A gang of thieves and criminals are not interested in the eduction or health of average Nigerians when they can send their own wards abroad for the best education and medical treatment Nigeria's money can afford. Well said EL-Rufai . We know , like most progressives , you are firmly behind Ribadu. After Ribadu is formally announced as the ACN candidate we will welcome the inward stampede of disillusioned former PDP stalwarts , like yourself, into the most progressive Party in Nigeria currently . Change is here.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/

PDP, Now Franchise for Govs, Says El-Rufai
From Seriki Adinoyi in Jos, 10.05.2010

Former Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has described the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as a franchise for Governors and FCT Minister, and should therefore be nicknamed the Governors Democratic Party (GDP).

He  added that the party has become toxic and indeed a danger to Nigeria, for failing to live up to expectation in giving Nigeria, the needed change the people yearn for under democratic  rule.

El-Rufai who was at the launch  of the Plateau State chapter of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG), the first in Nigeria, stated this  at a press conference, shortly after the  launch.

“PDP has become a franchise of 36 state governors and FCT, where states’ resources are used to oppress citizens at will with no one challenging them. So your money is being used to oppress you.

“Unless PDP loses election in a significant way, it will not change because it will think it is doing well. And unprincipled politicians will be busy leaving their parties to join them”.

According to him,  “Some of us felt concerned and started a reform movement with the hope that PDP internal operation will be democratised, but instead of seeing reasons with what we are championing, the powers that be clamped down on us because of fear”.

The PDP, he added “has failed to live up to expectation, it has become toxic, it has become a danger to the country’s democracy, you cannot have a party that is dominated by 29 out of 36 governors and the FCT and expect anything good for our teeming masses,”

According to him, “unless PDP lose elections substantially, no change can be expected, because it has no incentives to change or do better, which is unfortunate  and the founding fathers will be regretting why their vision for the party has not been adhered to in the last twelve years.”

He however, noted that not all in the party are bad, because people like former Governor Adamu Muazu of Bauchi state did well and some few others, while others have failed to deliver democratic dividends to the people.

Also commenting, the Convener of SNG, Pastor Tunde Bakare, said the group came about because Nigerians are dissatisfied with the way the country is being governed, saying the group would mobilize Nigerians to ensure that their votes count during and after 2011.

According to him, the SNG is not a political party but a political organization with “responsibility to let the people know that sovereignty is in their hands”.

He said the group is out to give voice to the voiceless so that “we will have credible leaders in place that will lead and give good governance. He denied association with any political party as is being insinuated.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by desgiezd(m): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2010
The truth of the matter is that if Nigerians do not tackle PDP now, the Party will ruin this country. A glaring example is the zoning wahala which ordinarily should have been limited to the internal politics of the party but has now been elevated to a level that is now overheating the polity and  threatening the national security of the country.

There should be a mass movement to dislodge that useless, good-for-nothing party and the mass movement should start now.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by naso2(m): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2010
Hypocrites.

They will say SNG is not a political party, neither is it an avenue to de-market any party, then I ask why should a statement like this by made by el-rufai against PDP at a gathering of SNG?

Dont get me wrong, el-rufai may be right, but statements like this should have been at a venue and time indepedent of SNG.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by Gbawe: 11:11am On Oct 06, 2010
desgiezd:

The truth of the matter is that if Nigerians do not tackle PDP now, the Party will ruin this country. A glaring example is the zoning wahala which ordinarily should have been limited to the internal politics of the party but has now been elevated to a level that is now overheating the polity and threatening the national security of the country.

There should be a mass movement to dislodge that useless, good-for-nothing party.

Well said bro. I can't even believe , after all the PDP has put Nigeria through in 11 years, that any sane Nigerian would contemplate voting for a PDP Presidential candidate. In politically sophisticated nations , considering the gross misrule of the PDP, the ruling Party should be totally doomed at the next polls. Anyway , with 'bags of rice' politics that seeks to throw bananas at Monkeys we can see why the PDP, for doing nothing but steal, can still brag that it will rule for the next 60 years.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by princekevo(m): 11:23am On Oct 06, 2010
Gbawe:

Well said bro. I can't even believe , after all the PDP has put Nigeria through in 11 years, that any sane Nigerian would contemplate voting for a PDP Presidential candidate. In politically sophisticated nations , considering the gross misrule of the PDP, the ruling Party should be totally doomed at the next polls. Anyway , with 'bags of rice' politics that seeks to throw bananas at Monkeys we can see why the PDP, for doing nothing but steal, can still brag that it will rule for the next 60 years.

Well PDP, this evil party suddenly gave birth to a Messiah since guaranteed flag bearer is from my region or my towns man.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by Gbawe: 11:40am On Oct 06, 2010
na_so:

Hypocrites.

They will say SNG is not a political party, neither is it an avenue to de-market any party, then I ask why should a statement like this by made by el-rufai against PDP at a gathering of SNG?
Dont get me wrong, el-rufai may be right, but statements like this should have been at a venue and time indepedent of SNG.

My brother , I agree with you but you know our country nah . Don't think , even for their claim of non-partisanship , that the top echelon of the SNG does not have its preferred candidate it will work for covertly. OBJ was meant to be neutral and unbiased in 2006 as the Head of the PDP yet he worked ruthlessly behind the scene to ensure the emergence of Yar Adua.He is doing the same for Jonathan now so let us understand that there is a degree of hypocrisy in everyone. The SNG , along with EL-Rufai and most Nigerian progressives, made up their mind long ago as per who they will work for.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by desgiezd(m): 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
Gbawe:

Have you also realised that the more people complain and condemn PDP, the more they come out victorious in the elections immediately after our complains? Its baffling!
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by Gbawe: 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2010
desgiezd:

Have you also realised that the more people complain and condemn PDP, the more they come out victorious in the elections immediately after our complains? Its baffling!

Well, we must remember that the PDP is a shameless rigging machine. This same Party produced "one of the worst elections in the history of man" with the 2007 heist that produced Yar Adua and crooks like Alao Akala, Oyinlola and OGD everywhere. We all saw what happened in Ekiti recently with the guber election the PDP 'won'. Jonathan was seen in his undemocratic element acting as thuggish as the other PDP criminals. Shameless Bankole , like an areaboy , sang in public about how they will use Soldiers to bully the folks of Ekiti while Oyinlola was recorded on tape promising guns and thugs to assist the deliverance of Ekiti into the corrupt and misruling hands of the PDP.

Personally , I was encouraged with what happened during the Ekiti Guber election. The good people of Ekiti stood up to the PDP but other Nigerians ignored their plights in the usual Nigerian ethos of "na dem own wahala"  . Lets see what will happen when all States are robbed simultaneously in 2011 and all Nigerians are agitating against electoral theft at the same time. America is thinking along the same line and this is why they say 2011 could bring crisis for Nigeria if some folks selfishly insist on heating up the polity and subverting the aspiration of the electorate.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by Akanbiedu(m): 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2010
El-rufai is working for Ribadu no doubt. I just have reservations on the Ribadu guy sha. I prefer Buhari by miles.

When compared with this PDP arrangement, Ribadu is a good gamble. I just hope he is not fronting for Obasanjo, that will be too bad.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by Akanbiedu(m): 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
Gbawe:

Thats simple enough. As long as it comes to my zone's turn, its ok. But since the zoning arrangement, which I consider PDP's strength is in jeopardy, they are as good as dead.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by Gbawe: 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

El-rufai is working for Ribadu no doubt. I just have reservations on the Ribadu guy sha. I prefer Buhari by miles.

When compared with this PDP arrangement, Ribadu is a good gamble. I just hope he is not fronting for Obasanjo, that will be too bad.

No he is not . Ribadu himself had stated that he had not spoken to OBJ for 2 years. In any case, we only need to look at how Ribadu has spent his time in exile to realise that he is now aware of his own independent status and image that has gained him international respect as Nuhu Ribadu and not OBJ's former corruption buster. OBJ and co are viewed with cynicism throughout the World while the likes of the UK and the USA see in Ribadu the new breed of African leaders who are globally exposed/trained and not cursed with nearnderthal and crass materialism of the old era of Nigerian politicians. Ribadu , unlike most , did not take a holiday to spend IGG (ill-gotten gains) while outside Nigeria on forced exile. He was busy updating his proffesional/technocratic skills, humbly meeting and dialoguing with ordinary Nigerians at interactive sessions, hosting talks with other Nigerian progressives regarding moving our nation forward, Addressing the America congress, etc, etc . This is why all the progressives are solidly behind Ribadu. For some of them , Ribadu's age , boundless energy, dynamism, charisma and international acclaim makes him an easier sell than Buhari. It is not rocket science to think that , for example, the USA may be more comfortable with Ribadu rather than a man who , even if erroneously, is accused of being a religious bigot. With the right backing, Ribadu can win . I guess the same may be said for Buhari. I will vote for whoever emerges of the two. If they run on different platforms then I will vote for Ribadu.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by Akanbiedu(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
Gbawe:

No he is not . Ribadu himself had stated that he had not spoken to OBJ for 2 years. In any case, we only need to look at how Ribadu has spent his time in exile to realise that he is now aware of his own independent status and image that has gained him international respect as Nuhu Ribadu and not OBJ's former corruption buster. OBJ and co are viewed with cynicism throughout the World while the likes of the UK and the USA see in Ribadu the new breed of African leaders who are globally exposed/trained and not cursed with nearnderthal and crass materialism of the old era of Nigerian politicians. Ribadu , unlike most , did not take a holiday to spend IGG (ill-gotten gains) while outside Nigeria on forced exile. He was busy updating his proffesional/technocratic skills, humbly meeting and dialoguing with ordinary Nigerians at interactive sessions, hosting talks with other Nigerian progressives regarding moving our nation forward, Addressing the America congress, etc, etc . This is why all the progressives are solidly behind Ribadu. For some of them , Ribadu's age , boundless energy, dynamism, charisma and international acclaim makes him an easier sell than Buhari. It is not rocket science to think that , for example, the USA may be more comfortable with Ribadu rather than a man who , even if erroneously, is accused of being a religious bigot. With the right backing, Ribadu can win . I guess the same may be said for Buhari. I will vote for whoever emerges of the two. If they run on different platforms then I will vote for Ribadu.

like it. Either of the two will surely be better than anything PDP.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by 5columnist: 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2010
El rufia benefitted from PDP likewise Ribadu. You dont bite the fingers that fed you. Ribadu and Rufia were on self excile under their brother Yaradua and now they are back and free under Jonathan yet we say Joanathan is not tolerant.

This double standard must stop!
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by denitro(m): 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2010
I for one have decided not to vote for PDP, regardless of who wins the PDP tickets,
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by seanet02: 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
5columnist:

El rufia benefitted from PDP likewise Ribadu. You dont bite the fingers that fed you. Ribadu and Rufia were on self excile under their brother Yaradua and now they are back and free under Jonathan yet we say Joanathan is not tolerant.

This double standard must stop!
inept reasoning.
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
Is this something El Rufai just discovered? shocked
Re: PDP Has Become Toxic ; EL-Rufai. by sexy74(m): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
[color=#006600][/color]is it now that El Rufai is knowing that the PDP

is Toxic ( using his words)

when he was the minsiter was it not toxic?

why did he not saay it then.

He should sit down because he was and is one of them.

[b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Felon Who Is Running For Presidency In 2011 / Atiku Should Challenge Jonathan To A Televised Debate ! ! ! / Atiku Risks Jail Term Over Zoning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.