Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device (859 Views)

How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord / We Were Unable To Copy Your Files, Please Check Your Usb Device And The Selected / [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device by chrisoml(m): 5:37am On May 09, 2007
Hi Nairalanders'

I was trying to install a new Nokia USB-to-Serial cable for a multilinks internet connection on to a friends system. Earlier the system dictated the new hardware and was trying to install before i stopped it because I did not have the drivers with me at that moment.

I stopped it so that I will plug in my flash disk first to get the drivers. It was at this moment that the system could no longer dictate any USB even the USB mouse on the system also stopped working and was conflicting with other programms.

I do not know what else to do because I have tried to disable, uninstall and re-install all the USB yet the system refuse to dictate any USB device except for the mouse or flash disk that will keep on conflicting.

Please does anyone here got any idea on how to resolve this problem?
Your assistance would be highly appreciated.
Re: My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device by Maleeq(m): 5:50am On May 09, 2007
Have you restarted the system? Plus, when you say conflict, do you mean it pops up a message saying "USB Device not recognized?"
Re: My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device by chrisoml(m): 6:00am On May 09, 2007
I have tried to restart the system several time but still it won't work.
Re: My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device by Maleeq(m): 6:58am On May 09, 2007
Try rolling back the driver installation on the USB port(Do this through the "Device Management Console"). If that don't work, try a system restore to a point before you started the installation.(A system restore point is ALWAYS created, if enabled, whenever a change to the system files occurs.)
Re: My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device by rozilla(m): 8:30am On May 09, 2007
chrisoml us say your system doesn't dictate any USB device. how terrible!!! does it at least detect any USB devices? tongue grin
Re: My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device by slawuyi: 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2007
you need to enable the USB at the BIOS settings.

just get to the BIOS settings and enable your USB, it might be disable and ones it is disabled, it will never on earth read any USB devices. so just try that concept.

Take care
Re: My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device by bashtech: 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2007
Hello,

This is the situation, first make sure your System is running Windows Xp, else you need to Install the DRIVER of the device that comes with the USB be it Flash memory, Printer, Digital camera or whatever (e.g in the case of Windows 98).

Secondly, if you are using Windows Xp, from the Desktop of your pc you can right-click on My Computer, Click on Properties, go to Hardware then Device Manager, try to check wether your USB port is active, if you question mark there, meaning your system cannot detect usb.

Another alternative is to use another usb port on your system, some systems having usb port at the front check it (for Desktop Users).

I hope this might solve your problem. Bye.
Re: My System Don't Dictate Any Usb Device by flynx: 12:58am On Jun 04, 2007
go control panel, add hardware, click to add it. if it still does not detect it, restart, enter setup, load optimised default (f7 or f9), then change boot sequence, save and exit changes. thats all

(1) (Reply)

Pc Or A Labtop / Universal 3g Internet Modem For Sale / U.k Sim And U.s Number 2 In 1 Sim For Sale: Call 080-34489191

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.