Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

AFCON 2019: Why I Was On The Bench Against Burundi – Musa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / AFCON 2019: Why I Was On The Bench Against Burundi – Musa (370 Views)

BBNaija 2019: Why I Picked Esther Over You - Seyi Tells Tacha (Video) / Afcon 2019: History Is Not On Bafana Bafana's Side Ahead Of Nigeria Clash / Photos Of Femi Kuti At The Opening Ceremony Of AFCON 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AFCON 2019: Why I Was On The Bench Against Burundi – Musa by OlaThePlug(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2019
Super Eagles forward, Ahmed Musa has revealed why he started from the bench in Nigeria‘s first game at the 2019 Africa Cup Of Nations against Burundi.

Musa who plays for Al Nassr came on for Mikel in the 58th minute of the game and has revealed he fell sick during their last preparation for the game which led to him starting on the bench.

The Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr also started injured and sick, Shehu Abdullahi but this move backfired as he was not fit enough to complete the first half. This certifies the report Kemi Filani News made days ago about how players fell sick before the game.

”Every first game in a tournament is very difficult, the most important thing is that we have the three points,” Musa told reporters in the mixed zone.

”I was eager to come in but I know that I fell ill, so the coach talked to me. As you can see Shehu too was ill. At the beginning of the game he was injured, so that’s what the coach was a little bit worried about that.

”Finally, I came in and the game changed and we had the three points, that’s the most important thing.”

Meanwhile, after Musa’s entrance in the 58th minute, another substitute Odion Ighalo the only goal of the game in the 77th minute after a sublime assist from Ola Aina.

https://www.kemifilani.com/2019/06/why-i-was-on-the-bench-against-burundi-musa.html

Re: AFCON 2019: Why I Was On The Bench Against Burundi – Musa by JAMO4REAL1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
we don't need that snail mike in starting 11
Re: AFCON 2019: Why I Was On The Bench Against Burundi – Musa by olajizz01(m): 10:51pm On Jun 23, 2019
No problem, glory be to God that we eventually won

(1) (Reply)

Uti Nwachukwu Reacts As Cee-c Receives A Brand New Car “ Dem Go Get Convulsion” / Davido: People Hate On Me In This Industry Because My Father Get Money (video) / Waec 2019: A 16 Year Old Girl Scored 9as In Her Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.