Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

A Developed Nigeria: A Dream Coming True - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Developed Nigeria: A Dream Coming True (1019 Views)

Is this Coming True... / Stripping Self To Avoid Arrest In Nigeria - A New Trend / 6 Amazing Stories Of Dying Wishes Coming True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Developed Nigeria: A Dream Coming True by nich(m): 8:26am On May 09, 2007
Hello fellow nairaland users! It's so easy for anyone to find faults especially with our dear Nigeria. So easily people say, “'This' is not functional, 'That' is dead…” and so on. Most of us (Nigerians) wished naija were like jand or yankee, hence, my questions.

1. What changes would you like to see in Nigeria?
2. What new concepts would you like to see adopted in Nigeria?
3. What do you think can take Nigeria to the level where 'we' know that Nigeria is developed?

(NOTE: YOU NEED NOT ANSWER ALL THREE QUESTIONS, COS THEY'RE ALL TO ACHIEVE THE SAME PURPOSE - HOW DO WE GET TO THAT PLACE CALLED 'A DEVELOPED NIGERIA'?)

I believe naija has the 'all that is required'.

I'd start by saying,

i. Nigeria would be better if we married our educational syetem with the institutions that affect the economy and everyday  life." For example, carrying out researches in schools that could help improve agricultural yields, textile production and traffic problems in Lagos to mention a few.

ii. Nigeria would be better if we maintained our facilities: roads, buildings, etc.

iii. Nigeria would be better if 'NEPA' considered itself as a service provider.

(Dreams and wishes do come true.  smiley )
Re: A Developed Nigeria: A Dream Coming True by nich(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2007
Nigeria would be better if the fundamental education (primary & secondary) were taken as seriously as issues such as plane crashes. cry
Re: A Developed Nigeria: A Dream Coming True by dblock(m): 8:05am On Aug 12, 2007
Better Nigeria. That's Feasible.

Developed Nigeria. Not so.
Re: A Developed Nigeria: A Dream Coming True by nich(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2007
shocked Haba bros! How could you say a thing like that?  shocked
smiley Well, i still believe that 'Rome wasn't built in a day'.  wink
Funny enough, a lot of things are happening in Naija and time would reveal those great things.
However, i think the problem that has left Naija in 'da mess' is the 'Managerial skills of the Government' so far, but alas! things are changing (probably slowly, but surely.) wink
Re: A Developed Nigeria: A Dream Coming True by dblock(m): 3:44am On Aug 15, 2007
nich:

shocked Haba bros! How could you say a thing like that? shocked
smiley Well, i still believe that 'Rome wasn't built in a day'. wink
Funny enough, a lot of things are happening in Naija and time would reveal those great things.
However, i think the problem that has left Naija in 'da mess' is the 'Managerial skills of the Government' so far, but alas! things are changing (probably slowly, but surely.) wink

My Point exactly. It will take Decades before Nigeria can reach such a feat.

There is no African country that is developed. South Africa is developed Infrastructural wise, but close to 50% of South Africa's population live below the poverty line, and crime is rampant.

I'm just saying, that even the most stable of the Emerging economies, is still a far cry from being a developed country.

So only a slowpoke, would think Nigeria will be a developed country any time soon. Unless of course we get an angel for a President.

Brazil isn't a developed country and neither is Singapore, China or India.

Let us not be naive
Re: A Developed Nigeria: A Dream Coming True by nich(m): 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2007
dblock:

My Point exactly. It will take Decades before Nigeria can reach such a feat.

There is no African country that is developed. South Africa is developed Infrastructural wise, but close to 50% of South Africa's population live below the poverty line, and crime is rampant.

I'm just saying, that even the most stable of the Emerging economies, is still a far cry from being a developed country.

I probably need to look up the meaning of 'Developed Country', but thanks for admitting there's light at the end of the tunnel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_countries

dblock:

So only a slowpoke, would think Nigeria will be a developed country any time soon. Unless of course we get an angel for a President.

slowpoke?  shocked That's rather harsh! grin  Anyway, I don't think the Government can do it alone. The input of individuals is 'very required'. The Government could make the 'pitch' available, maintain it and make rules and regulations that make the use of the facility beautiful, while individuals/organisations form teams: goal-keepers, defenders, mid-fielders and strikers who work to score goals and make things happen.

You might be interested in improving the energy sector, while I Waste management, someone else the Agricultural sector and so on gradually the child grows to become a man/woman.  grin  wink    cheesy
Re: A Developed Nigeria: A Dream Coming True by nich(m): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2009
i have a dream!
i have a dream that ,

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Remember Answers After "pencils" Up? Examiners Don't Talk. / New!new!new! / Bonny Light Crude Oil Seller Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.