Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) (58686 Views)

FRSC Official Hanging On A Moving Vehicle In Enugu State - Video / Two Men Hanging On A Moving Train Die After Being Hit By Excavator In Lagos / Man Eating Breakfast While Hanging On A Moving Bus In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by adanny01(m): 7:44am On Jun 25, 2019
dominique:
If I were the driver, that passenger must pay for damages on my vehicle. You can't be violating people's privacy and expect to get away with it. That single stupid act has landed some people in police cell, with their phones lost or damaged forever. Next time, face your front and mind your business. Nobody has gotten stoned at for doing that

Didn't Lagos state government ban sitting and hanging on trains?

This (you) is the problem of Nigeria. When we as Nigerians see no evil or hear no evil even when evil is lurking right under your nose, this country will never change for the better.

Operating a train is a commercial service, those who do not pay for it should be any where near it talk more of standing on it.

@ the bolded, we should not violate someone's privacy when he squats on a runway when a plane is about to take off? Privacy u said!

2 Likes

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by ORIJIN201(m): 7:45am On Jun 25, 2019
9jaRealist:

It doesn’t - and it isn’t...
Quit regurgitating every pablum Oyinbo says just like a Zombie - or like you do his religion. SMH

Eko Oni Baje!
>
its not even true in the first place. I wanted to quote him, but you already did. Some people are naturally very gullible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by amaben2020(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2019
Hehehehe, driver eye clear when glass break, dem carry stone for body
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by ORIJIN201(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2019
ceejay80s:
U guys say a lot of rubbish on nairaland , do u know that its been banned in Nigeria to sit on top or outside moving trains? Wet in concern provety with that indecent act, so...if an armed robber comes to ur house and robb u, its OK he robbed u at gun point because he was hungry? The uber guy has every right to take pictures ,what if there are cameras on the streets of naija ,just as cameras are in developed countries,and the camera capture the train, will they go and stone the camera, in a developed country, the train company will be sued if u can't get the person that broke ur glass, 80% of comments here are in support of what they did to that mans car and this same people are the ones tired of hearing naija go better
Nigerians are actually bunch of low quality people with poor reasoning. Why do you think things happen and they take it as it is and pray to God? If I'm God, I will ignore their useless prayers just as he has been doing. If you can't grab your destiny by force, then you are not ready for change for the better. Not seating and wailing as we always do while things just get worse.

3 Likes

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by RichBoy247: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2019
ajapz:
But seriously how someone go dey waka with stone for em pocket.. We are really angry and hungry in this country.

One day, I was at Winners Chapel, Bishop was preaching and he said there are some people with charms and juju in their pockets and tied to their bodies. Bishop said they should all come out and and be saved forever. I was surprised at the number of people that came out and the number of charms and juju that they brought out and submitted at the Altar. The man sitting beside me in the church also went out to submit his charms, before he returned to his seat beside me, I have changed seat. I will not sit beside evil man. That day, I thought to myself, why and for what reason will people bring charms to the church? Till today, I have no answer.
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Promise111(m): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2019
dominique:
If I were the driver, that passenger must pay for damages on my vehicle. You can't be violating people's privacy and expect to get away with it. That single stupid act has landed some people in police cell, with their phones lost or damaged forever. Next time, face your front and mind your business. Nobody has gotten stoned at for doing that

Didn't Lagos state government ban sitting and hanging on trains?
What privacy? Inside their house or inside their car. I'm surprised everybody is blaming a guy that is creating awareness, are those fools supposed to be hanging on train? Then, you people will now come again and blame the government for not maintaining those carriages. Or even better, imagine you were in that train with all those people hanging outside and blocking your vision. my point is while this person must pay the debt he incurred on himself, he also did a fine job by taking those pictures. Now we know who to blame when we see abandoned carriages.

1 Like

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by dominique(f): 8:29am On Jun 25, 2019
Promise111:

What privacy? Inside their house or inside their car. I'm surprised everybody is blaming a guy that is creating awareness, are those fools supposed to be hanging on train? Then, you people will now come again and blame the government for not maintaining those carriages. Or even better, imagine you were in that train with all those people hanging outside and blocking your vision. my point is while this person must pay the debt he incurred on himself, he also did a fine job by taking those pictures. Now we know who to blame when we see abandoned carriages.

Whipping out a video camera to film people without their consent be it in public or private is an invasion of privacy.
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2019
This happens in India, Bangladesh, and co...not just Nigeria....noseey idiot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 25, 2019
1) Again, why we need to have liberal gun laws. I'll return your stone with lead - shikena.

2) Uber driver gets to engage his insurance company. I did not damage his vehicle.

These things are easy and logical but the social fabric in Nigeria has been damaged. Right has become wrong and vice versa. I pray that each Nigerian gets an opportunity to visit a developed country in their lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 25, 2019
dominique:

Whipping out a video camera to film people without their consent be it in public or private is an invasion of privacy.

No, it's not.

There's no expectation of privacy in public. Anything that my eyes can see I can record unless specifically banned by law or policy on private property.

Let's not support hooliganism.
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 25, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Dem dey learn for India side... cheesy

Lolzzz that is not India , India don't operate Chinese locomotives.

It is Pakistan
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 25, 2019
distributeinc:

Guys are still stuck in the 80s and 90s

Travelling on the roof of trains in now illegal in India and punishable by both jail time and fine.

Rarely anybody does that any longer

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 25, 2019
If anyone wants to climb on to the roof of these Indian trains which carry majority of the traffic then good luck.

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 25, 2019
nemesis8u:

Guys are still stuck in the 80s and 90s

Travelling on the roof of trains in now illegal in India and punishable by both jail time and fine.

Rarely anybody does that any longer

They do, in rural areas...India has a high poverty rate
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 25, 2019
distributeinc:

They do, in rural areas...India has a high poverty rate

What has poverty got to do here, it is a matter of law enforcement , and no even in rural areas roof traveling does not happen now , it used to happen in the 80s and 90s.

Indian railway has the 4th largest rail network in the world and transports more than 25 million passengers each day and that's the entire population of Australia grin. It runs more than 14,300 trains across 7127 stations daily.

Now it doesn't happen simply because now Indian railways has excess capacity in both urban and rural areas. No reason for overcrowding in rural areas except for some rare circumstances. In urban areas during peak hours there is some overcrowding but no roof traveling. Train will be stopped and people arrested.

As long as a country continues to invest in its organisations , everything changes for the better.

But feel free to believe what u what wetin care ooo ?

1 Like

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by BabaIjebuXL(m): 10:54am On Jun 25, 2019
This is why nigeria will never get better, it's a pain that I have to share nationality with people of this bolekaja mentality. Why do you think they had stones in their pockets? Same reason while thieves carry harmful objects when going on operation. The guy had done nothing wrong, call a spade a spade and stop supporting zoo behavior.
dominique:

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 25, 2019
nemesis8u:

What has poverty got to do here, it is a matter of law enforcement , and no even in rural areas roof traveling does not happen now , it used to happen in the 80s and 90s.

Indian railway has the 4th largest rail network in the world and transports more than 25 million passengers each day and that's the entire population of Australia grin. It runs more than 14,300 trains across 7127 stations daily.

Now it doesn't happen simply because now Indian railways has excess capacity in both urban and rural areas. No reason for overcrowding in rural areas except for some rare circumstances. In urban areas during peak hours there is some overcrowding but no roof traveling. Train will be stopped and people arrested.

As long as a country continues to invest in its organisations , everything changes for the better.

But feel free to believe what u what wetin care ooo ?

I see your point though, you might be correct, I have not checked on that recently.
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Mishhcre(m): 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
Some people just like suffering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by UncletC: 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
people hanging free outside are more than the actual passengers outside.....
if this train crashes now, imagine the numbers of death and injuries these careless passengers would face.... govt should stop this activity by all means..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
ayusco85:
Typical Nigerian mentality. You want change but you don't want to do anything for the change. What he did was right. It's more harder to do the right things that is filming and showing the world than doing the wrong thing that is looking away or minding his business as you proposed.

bro as much as you may be right, it certainly does NOT change the fact that this dude is responsible for the damage.

now, if you think that change will come by making silly videos of people doing wrong act (in order to trend online at their expense), instead of simply advising them of the danger of their actions AND finding alternatives, then by all means, we are indeed doomed.
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by Promise111(m): 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2019
dominique:

Not when you're destroying or vandalizing government property.
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by booksrite001: 9:10am On Jul 02, 2019
mishhcre:
Some people just like suffering.

shocked
Re: Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) by booksrite001: 9:17am On Jul 02, 2019
distributeinc:

lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Pius Adesanmi That Died In Ethiopian Airlines / Man’s Legs Cut Off After Jumping Off A Train In Ikeja, Lagos (Graphic Photo) / Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.