Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,142 members, 7,953,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:55 PM

Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show (1792 Views)

Person Yells Naija To David Oyelowo, When He Was With Oprah On Ellen Show[video] / Request For A Movie Or TV Show Link Here / Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by gracious(f): 2:47am On Jan 17, 2006
hey y'all, do you like [url=http://ellen degeneres]Ellen Degeneres[/url] and her TV show?  I know some of you will first of all talk about her sexual orientation but whatever, so what do y'all think?
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by Free(f): 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2006
I watch her show once in while....u know when theres nutin betta to watch syke am playin.....
i dont care that she a lesbo
she mad funni.............i think? undecided
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by afrobeat: 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2006
I think Ellen is Hilarious!! I really, really like her
She is one of my favourite women to watch
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by Ciaralover(f): 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2006
Shes better than OPRAH!!!
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by afrobeat: 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2006
Ciaralover:

Shes better than OPRAH!!!
I am tempted to agree
but I will just say that they serve two different purposes and their shows have two different aims
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by sade511(f): 4:23am On May 14, 2006
I love Ellen especially when they begin and she tries to dance.
I really like the fact that she's herself.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by WesleyanA(f): 12:11am On Jun 25, 2006
Her show is cool but no. . . she's NOT better than Oprah cool
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by shawna(f): 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2006
love ellen her show is off the hook its so hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by Eastcoast(f): 2:16am On Jul 02, 2006
i like ellen. she is very funny. Is that her DJ from ghana?
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by WesleyanA(f): 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2006
I knew he was british because he said so in one of the episodes but I just made a search on him to be sure he was british and this' what i found:

TONY OKUNGBOWA
DJ

Tony Okungbowa debuted as the DJ of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in fall 2003. Every weekday, the British DJ can be seen playing tunes as Ellen DeGeneres dances her way to her chair after her monologue. In March of 2005, Tony released an album, "grin.J. Tony O: Hollywood Sessions," a compilation album of his favorite songs.

Born in Lagos, Nigeria, and raised in London, England, Okungbowa's upbringing was marked by a tremendous passion for the arts. The middle of seven children, his parents encouraged a home environment where, "theater, music, dance, and creative expression reigned supreme."

Okungbowa first appeared on the Los Angeles DJ scene when photographer Andrew McPhearson arranged to have Tony play music on the sets of various celebrity photo shoots, including TV Guide, film company Focus Features and Glamour magazine. In fact, Tony first met Ellen DeGeneres during a photo shoot for TV Guide in 2003.

In addition to performing his DJ duties, Okungbowa is also an actor, and stars in the soon to be released feature film "Gate to Heaven." His television credits include "The X Files," "NYPD Blue" and "Arli$$."

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/showinfo/bio.html

So: No he's not from Ghana. He's Nigerian!
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by Eastcoast(f): 2:29am On Jul 04, 2006
Thanks alot.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by 9ja4eva: 7:29am On Mar 03, 2007
I love her show and love her person.Her sexuality gat nothing to do with me.I tink shes down to earth though.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by gbadex1(m): 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2007
What's all this wackness? She has one of the most boring talkshows ever - Oprah is in the lead - followed closely by that dumbass Dr. Phil. She (Ellen) is not funny, spits one of the driest jokes that can make Laughing Jackals wail in anguish, and frankly, someone tell her her show's a waste of 1 hour with all that crappy dancing, boring sexuality talks, and sh*t.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by Raymand(m): 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2007
She may be a gay but by god she's funny as hell. . .
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by 9ja4eva: 11:57pm On Mar 03, 2007
Yeah and her sexuality is nt my biz.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by omoge(f): 2:01am On Mar 04, 2007
Her dancing part in the beginning of her show is what I like, there was one she did and Beyounce
was dancing at the end of that show then Ellen danced with them it was so hilarious,
Yeah the dancing part is truly funny.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by 9ja4eva: 2:23am On Mar 04, 2007
Yeap
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by iice(f): 9:40am On Mar 04, 2007
What i like about her is her ramblings it reminds me of DORI (Duhh still her!) but that's endearing. Same as Conan love him coz he talks nonsense all the time.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by Seun(m): 9:57am On Mar 04, 2007
I've watched several episodes of the show over several months and not once did she talk about her sexuality.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by 9ja4eva: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2007
Right.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by Bandele(m): 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2007
I dont like her because she's a gay. angry
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by 9ja4eva: 3:25am On Mar 12, 2007
Well i think its her business.
Re: Ellen Degeneres And Her TV Show by ade22222: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
It's sad that you have some unenlightened bigots amongst us. Why do some of us of African descent choose to dehumanize homosexuals? Does it make us feel better? Is it better to have all the underground male to male sex that we have in Nigeria or people open and free? Don't forget that the same bigotry and hatred against black people continues to fester because even a little hatred exists at all. Do you want to teach by example? Really live the New Testament of the Bible. Love is the answer.

(1) (Reply)

Naruto Manga (contains Naruto Shippuden Spoiler) / Free Downloaded Movie Sites / Marvel’s Thor Is Now A Woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.