Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,953 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Rhesus Factor Negative:enlightment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rhesus Factor Negative:enlightment (438 Views)

My Challenges With Rhesus Factor In Pregnancy And How I Overcame It / The Significance Of Knowing Your Rhesus Factor / Rhesus Factor Incompatibility, One Of The Causes Of Miscarriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhesus Factor Negative:enlightment by Chible17(f): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hi, my name is Blessing and I am B negative. I am creating this thread hoping that rh negative people like me can come together to enlight ourselves and get to know what to do to prevent sensitization especially when pregnant. It is time to stop this silence because it will cause us more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: Rhesus Factor Negative:enlightment by Chible17(f): 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
Rhesus(Rh)factor is an inherited protein found on the surface of red blood cells. If your blood has the protein, you're Rh positive. If your blood lacks the protein, you're Rh negative.
Having an Rh negative blood type is not an illness and usually does not affect your health. However, it can affect you when pregnant for a Rh positive partner.
Re: Rhesus Factor Negative:enlightment by subsonic(f): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
Hi mommies, me and my husband's rhesus factor are not compatible. I am B- , he is A+. Our doctor only booked me for a vaccine (RhoGAM) injection after delivery. I recently read in several articles online that it is recommended to have an RhoGAM vaccine on week 28 of pregnancy (which I didn't) and another after delivery. Now I am a little worried. Hope my baby and future babies will be fine if I just take the vaccine after deliver.

P.S. I took a Indirect Coombs Test (ICT) aka the Indirect Antiglobulin Test or IAT at 36weeks and it come back "Negative"

(1) (Reply)

Help! Help! Help! / Finally A NAFDAC Approved Vagina And Female Sexual Health Herbal Supplement / Causes Of Frequent Urination In Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.