Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

How Do I Report A Bank To CBN And FG - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Report A Bank To CBN And FG (1189 Views)

Dangote Set To Refund $4.89B To CBN. / These Are The Ruins, Shame And Embarrassment CBN And ASO Have Brought On Union H / How To Report Poor Banking Services To CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Report A Bank To CBN And FG by NijaDueprocess: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2019
Good day all, please I need your advice on this. I recently requested to make a student transaction abroad with the use of CBN Form A last week from a bank in Lagos. Three forms were given to me to fill(i.e cbn form A, authorization form and one other form) and I was also requested to submit my admission letter, passport copy, etc. Prior to the transaction I was made to know that the exchange rate for Form A is cbn rate, I was also given a breakdown of the approved rate for different currency for the transaction by the bank customer care service(which I confirmed from CBN portal as their official rate, euro - 342, dollar - 305 etc) I submitted the required document and the form late last week and a debit of 5000 naira was debited from my account with description of transaction by the bank as CBN form A processing and 250 as VAT and also 5000 yet to be debited. To my greatest surprise this evening I got an alert that my account was debited at 409.7 naira /euros and my transaction was not fully completed because of the crazy rate applied by the bank. I also noticed the description of the transaction from the debit email as "FX sales" meaning the bank sold foreign exchange to me at exorbitant rate rather than sourcing the fund from CBN with my documents and form A. I have called the bank and I requested they cancel the transaction and refund my money since they decided to rob me of my hard earned money without doing the right thing and I was told to write a letter and that the process will take a long time. Please I need advice on how to get my money back fast as I have limited time in completing the transaction abroad before the start of winter semester. I also want to know how to channel this to the FG and CBN as these banks are out to exploit people of their hard earned money after recently getting a lot of foreign exchange allocation for form A and form M
Re: How Do I Report A Bank To CBN And FG by Jmk9292(m): 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2019
The Nigerian system is rotten and as such I doubt which channel would facilitate ur case now.......
Consult a smart lawyer and weigh ur options...
Re: How Do I Report A Bank To CBN And FG by bemagnify: 6:40am On Jun 25, 2019
NijaDueprocess:
Good day all, please I need your advice on this. I recently requested to make a student transaction abroad with the use of CBN Form A last week from a bank in Lagos. Three forms were given to me to fill(i.e cbn form A, authorization form and one other form) and I was also requested to submit my admission letter, passport copy, etc. Prior to the transaction I was made to know that the exchange rate for Form A is cbn rate, I was also given a breakdown of the approved rate for different currency for the transaction by the bank customer care service(which I confirmed from CBN portal as their official rate, euro - 342, dollar - 305 etc) I submitted the required document and the form late last week and a debit of 5000 naira was debited from my account with description of transaction by the bank as CBN form A processing and 250 as VAT and also 5000 yet to be debited. To my greatest surprise this evening I got an alert that my account was debited at 409.7 naira /euros and my transaction was not fully completed because of the crazy rate applied by the bank. I also noticed the description of the transaction from the debit email as "FX sales" meaning the bank sold foreign exchange to me at exorbitant rate rather than sourcing the fund from CBN with my documents and form A. I have called the bank and I requested they cancel the transaction and refund my money since they decided to rob me of my hard earned money without doing the right thing and I was told to write a letter and that the process will take a long time. Please I need advice on how to get my money back fast as I have limited time in completing the transaction abroad before the start of winter semester. I also want to know how to channel this to the FG and CBN as these banks are out to exploit people of their hard earned money after recently getting a lot of foreign exchange allocation for form A and form M

That is why I always urge students abroad to buy PayPal in other pay their school fees. With PayPal you see and know the rate you want, no hidden charges.
Honestly our banks are not sincere with their dealings.

You can contact a lawyer as soon as possible to draft a cease and desist letter for you.

for further legal advice see my signature .
Re: How Do I Report A Bank To CBN And FG by DZTech: 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Hi,
I thought to respond to your post below-
https://www.nairaland.com/7089396/urgent-needed-evict-stubborn-tenant

What solutions did you get?
It seems funny that a cut and dried case has taken 2 years; which begs the questions-
What happened before the lawsuit?
Who took the case to court?
What's happened there and how do you get the records of proceedings?
If the judge has heard both parties and reviewed all evidences, why the delay?

I think you should withdraw the case from court.
In secret, unless the judge demands a reason- in which case, cite lack of funds or health reasons.
Also, find someone unknown to the lawyer who can get access to the records; send them a letter and whatever you've been sent by the lawyer, to use as basis/proof of acting as your proxy.

Once you've withdrawn the case, put up a "for sale" sign in front of the house.
Even do a proper advert on nairaland for the house.

Get your lawyer to give a general quit notice to all tenants, via WhatsApp and paste it on the inside gate and fence-
It should state that those within their paid tenancy will be refunded their balance and given an extra 1 month's rent in lieu of a proper notice.

Get family friends THAT YOUR LAWYER DOESN'T KNOW to act as prospects, with your brother or sister as the agent.
In 2 weeks, inform tenants that it's been sold and the new owner is taking immediate possession.
Unfortunately, such sales can fall through, due to all manner of issues.
Case closed.
I hope you can resolve this asap.
I'll post this in your other threads.
God bless.
Re: How Do I Report A Bank To CBN And FG by DZTech: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
NijaDueprocess:
Hi,
I thought to respond to your post below-
https://www.nairaland.com/7089396/urgent-needed-evict-stubborn-tenant

Also, involve legalaid in Abuja; track them down on Facebook, or any contacts on their website.

(1) (Reply)

Real Ghost? / Too Old For Nairaland? / Bonjour!tu Parle Francais?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.